Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aaalll

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2010
i have a mbp 6,2
have legit snow leopard dvd with boot camp 3.0

if i run the boot camp setup in win 7, it says my laptop doesn't support x64.
if i install the .msi it says i don't have the elevated privileges to do it.
if check the properties of the .msi the option to run the program as an administrator is grayed out
if i change the user account settings to eliminate the prompt to run as admin and then reboot, i still cannot open the damn installer because it says i need the priviliges.

i can't apply the boot camp 3.1 update on fact that 3.0 has not yet been installed.

wtf do i need to do to install these drivers.

thx

Winni

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008
Germany.
i have a mbp 6,2
have legit snow leopard dvd with boot camp 3.0

if i run the boot camp setup in win 7, it says my laptop doesn't support x64.
if i install the .msi it says i don't have the elevated privileges to do it.
if check the properties of the .msi the option to run the program as an administrator is grayed out
if i change the user account settings to eliminate the prompt to run as admin and then reboot, i still cannot open the damn installer because it says i need the priviliges.

i can't apply the boot camp 3.1 update on fact that 3.0 has not yet been installed.

wtf do i need to do to install these drivers.

thx

Disable the User Access Control completely - you have to REBOOT WINDOWS to enable the changed UAC setting - then try running the x64 installer again.

aaalll

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Celtic: I'll try that when I get home.
Winni: as stated in my post, I did reboot and still was not able to change the permissions. When I went back to the user acct settings, my changes were still there. That's the whole problem. The change in user acct settings did nothing.

Thx

aaalll

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2010
and the nvidia driver off their website.

so why am i not able to choose my display's native resolution??
it should be 1440x900

windows shows my "native" at 1680x1050
nvidia control center does the same.

wtf!!!

thx

also, wtf is up with this:

Installed Memory (RAM): 4.00 GB (3.86 GB Usable)

thx

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
also, wtf is up with this:

Installed Memory (RAM): 4.00 GB (3.86 GB Usable)

thx

It would help if you reminded us which Mac and which version of Windows you installed.

In most cases "missing" memory is simply due to the fact that some RAM is dedicated to the GPU or that you are using a 32 bit version of Windows which is incapable of addressing more than 4GB of total address space.

B

aaalll

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2010
yea whether or not i actually installed x64

is an ****ing enigma. i've see x64, x86, "system 32" i don't know what the **** is going on. i tried to install x64 and those are the bootcamp drivers i installed.

still wondering why i can't choose my resolution at 1440 x 900.
now i'm hooked up with steam, and steam won't let me choose it either.
wtf

thx

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.