Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Well, actually we don't have a general music forum anymore, as the the link in the "Where's the Music Forum?" thread describes.

To cut-and-paste from the list of changes we made back in May:

We have archived the Music Discussion forum because it was used infrequently compared to other forums. Music still interests most of us, of course. General music-related threads now reside in the Community Discussion forum, along with movie discussions, TV discussions, sports discussions, automobile discussions, etc. We've moved active Music Discussion threads there.

Where to post
  • For technical questions about music on your Mac or Apple gadgets, use one of the specific forums, e.g, Mac Applications for an iTunes issue, iPhone for an iPhone issue.
  • For technical discussions among audio hobbyists or professionals, continue to use the Digital Audio forum.
  • For other threads about music, e.g., musical artists, concerts, music shopping, use the Community Discussion forum.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
It's a pity, as I loved the old Music Forum. It allowed music fans to express themselves, something which - while of course allowed - is just not done to the same extent in the "Community Discussion" forum.

Yes, I know that this discussion has already taken place on another thread in this section, and I understand (some of) the reasons for the changes made; however, I still regret them.

Cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.