PDA

View Full Version : RSS Feed During MWSF?

dotnina
Jan 3, 2005, 03:14 PM
I was just wondering if the Macrumors RSS feed will be operating during the keynote next week. I know the site gets stripped down and the forums close, but Iím not sure about the RSS? Will it be possible to get live keynote updates via RSS?

SilentPanda
Jan 3, 2005, 04:43 PM
The RSS feed would probably just say "MWSF 2005 notes" or something. I doubt you'll get all the text of the main post in the RSS feed. They don't do that now do they?

For previous MacWorlds and such there's usually just one main post that keeps getting updated.

Sir_Giggles
Jan 3, 2005, 10:44 PM
Cant use Safari. I'll prolly switch over to Firefox to get RSS feeds.

dotnina
Jan 4, 2005, 02:39 AM
SilentPanda -- Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I'll be in class during MWSF, so I'd feel really nerdy sitting there doing the refresh-refresh-refresh thing on Macrumors ... still, I want to know what's going on live. A small newsreader is much more discreet. ;)

Cant use Safari. I'll prolly switch over to Firefox to get RSS feeds.
So Mr. Giggles Sir, does this mean you know of some place where there's going to be a live RSS feed of MWSF? Or are you just commenting on the fact that Safari doesn't yet have an RSS newsreader built in?

Sir_Giggles
Jan 4, 2005, 03:30 AM
SilentPanda -- Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I'll be in class during MWSF, so I'd feel really nerdy sitting there doing the refresh-refresh-refresh thing on Macrumors ... still, I want to know what's going on live.

MacMinute will do an auto-refresh of the events. They have a RSS feed, however, Im not sure they will provide it for the play by play for MacWorld.

Knox
Jan 4, 2005, 06:16 AM
SilentPanda -- Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I'll be in class during MWSF, so I'd feel really nerdy sitting there doing the refresh-refresh-refresh thing on Macrumors ... still, I want to know what's going on live. A small newsreader is much more discreet. ;)

Or you could download an IRC client and make the window small ;)

TEG
Jan 5, 2005, 12:43 PM
Don't forget Thunderbird, it has an awesome RSS reader built-in.

TEG