Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BENJMNS

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 28, 2005
I notice it's that ideal middle between matte and glossy. Apple really did their homework. I want to keep it this way so what do you guys use to clean off all the crap that naturally gets on laptop screens?

TIA

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
When I worked at the Apple Store, I effing HATED closing and having to clean the Air screens. That "ideal middle" you're talking about is a total PITA to clean when they have tons of fingerprints on them. :eek:

We used iKlear and a microfiber towel. Whereas it'd take literally 2-5 seconds to clean off any of the notebooks w/ glass screens, it'd take 20-30 seconds to really get the Air screens clean. But they did eventually come clean.

That's what I'll be using on my personal Air. Oh, and smacking anyone that tries to touch the dang screen! :)

virtuatony

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2008
Canada
I haven't had to clean mine yet, but if the purple anti-glare coating is on top of the screen and not a layer beneath it will make it more challenging to get it clean.

ukpetey

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2008
Durham, England
It's Official!

From the MacBook Air Manual:

"Cleaning the MacBook Air screen To clean your MacBook Air screen, first shut down your MacBook Air and unplug the power adapter. Then use a soft, lint-free cloth dampened with just water and wipe the screen. Do not spray liquid directly on the screen."

Hope this helps!

Peter

BENJMNS

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 28, 2005
From the MacBook Air Manual:

"Cleaning the MacBook Air screen To clean your MacBook Air screen, first shut down your MacBook Air and unplug the power adapter. Then use a soft, lint-free cloth dampened with just water and wipe the screen. Do not spray liquid directly on the screen."

Hope this helps!

Peter

i'm going to follow the manual. thx.

CatKingK

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2010
Also wait a little bit until the screen cool down before cleaning with cloth and water.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Simple

sos.jpg

:eek:

:p

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
I use iKlear on all my Apple products as Apple uses it, however I never spray anything on the screen, always the cloth and then I wipe my screen, keeps my uMB looking purtie.

robby818

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2007
Two steps:
1. Feather duster to remove most of the dust & particles.
2. iKlear on a microfiber cloth

Never use paper towels.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.