PDA

View Full Version : Site problem??

rdowns
Jan 14, 2005, 05:07 AM
For the past few days, when I hit my back button to go back a page or exit a forum, it is not taking me back to the spot on the page where I was earlier. It takes me to the top of the page. Seems to happen about 75% of the time and in many different areas of the site. BTW, using Safari, latest build. Anyone else experiencing this?

MacDawg
Jan 14, 2005, 06:19 AM
Sometimes there is a "lag" time before it relocates position for me. I attibuted that to the busy server, but what do I know. I was just glad to avoid the "busy server" screen! :rolleyes:

Woof, Woof - Dawg

neilrobinson
Jan 14, 2005, 06:46 AM
same thing, more like 100% of the time thou

Doctor Q
Jan 14, 2005, 02:38 PM
The forum software was updated to vBulletin 3.0.4 last week. I've noticed a few little differences in behavior too.

Hoef
Jan 14, 2005, 05:07 PM
For the past few days, when I hit my back button to go back a page or exit a forum, it is not taking me back to the spot on the page where I was earlier. It takes me to the top of the page. Seems to happen about 75% of the time and in many different areas of the site. BTW, using Safari, latest build. Anyone else experiencing this?

Wow it is like finding a buddy who was also taken by aliens .... I have the same thing and it drives me nuts. I do have it with more sites and at first I thought it was a difference between firefox Mac vs PC. It must be a setting but haven't found it yet. I sure hope it is not a site specific server setting.

rdowns
Jan 26, 2005, 09:37 PM
This problem is making reading the forums a hassle.

Doctor Q
Jan 26, 2005, 09:41 PM
I don't think there is anything we can fix. As far as I know, this is just how this version of vBulletin works. I've noticed that it handles cached pages differently, allowing browsers to use a local copy, which isn't correct if you go back to a page that has since changed. So I end up refreshing more often if I know I'm returning to a page that has new posts.

liketom
Jan 27, 2005, 03:35 AM
i often get the site is too busy message and also problems loading the forums it will just hang there for ages ? maybe it this piece of crud windblows box im using at work here though ?

o , on a different note i love the message you get when looking at applelegal.com with a Microsoft browser THAT is too funny

arn
Jan 30, 2005, 04:42 AM

This isn't anything we've done differently... haven't changed anything. I think it's more of a browser behavior.

arn

rdowns
Feb 7, 2005, 04:51 AM
This isn't anything we've done differently... haven't changed anything. I think it's more of a browser behavior.

arn

The server update seems to have fixed this problem.