Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleGoddess

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 30, 2010
I bought the iPad on launch day but when the MBA came out wanted the 11 inch so sold my iPad , well lived up a MBA for a great price 750.00 but even though it is beautiful I bought another iPad and sending the MBA and apple is giving me full price back for it.

I cauld never say anything bad about the MBA but for me the iPad is perfect for my needs, and I will have a large GC to use for the next iPad ;)

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
I bought the iPad on launch day but when the MBA came out wanted the 11 inch so sold my iPad , well lived up a MBA for a great price 750.00 but even though it is beautiful I bought another iPad and sending the MBA and apple is giving me full price back for it.

I cauld never say anything bad about the MBA but for me the iPad is perfect for my needs, and I will have a large GC to use for the next iPad ;)

So after all that negotiating you decided to return it? Why not keep both? What is your main Mac?

AppleGoddess

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 30, 2010
So after all that negotiating you decided to return it? Why not keep both? What is your main Mac?
No Mac I lived from launch till I sold it with it alone sync is on a cheap net book or my kids PC.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Interesting. I'd have guessed from your handle that your house was an Apple shrine.

double329

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2008
I still miss my iPad. But, if I am going to get the iPad again. It would be iPad 2nd gen.

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Nov 27, 2007
All I could say is I feel lucky not having to choose between my iPad and MBA. Have both, and love both :)

Chuchichan

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2010
Maryland
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Why the post then? Just simply to tell us you like the ipad?

mcdonaldtosh

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2010
Can you upgrade your kid? Like give him blue eyes instead of brown, more memory and Mensa-style-IQ?

hcho3

macrumors 68030
May 13, 2010
What is the point of this thread again?

I have both iPad and MBA, so what is wrong about having both? Why do we have to choose one of them?

AppleGoddess

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 30, 2010
Just saying the MBA was nice but still the iPad is better for me, and wondering if anyone else went back to it.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Just saying the MBA was nice but still the iPad is better for me, and wondering if anyone else went back to it.

I don't have either.

For some, I can see the iPad over the MBA making sense and for others, the laptop makes sense.

I think for a user like my wife, who wants surfing, email, and light document work, the iPad is a better option. For my needs, a laptop suites me.

Different strokes for different folks

bowlerman625

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Chicago, IL area
Different devices that do certain things better than the other. I don't see why people are always trying to replace one with the other or compare them. If the electronics budget allows, there is an argument to have both.

gb1631

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2009
PNW Puget Sound
As always. one person's ideas and needs are different, based on their individual needs and ideas of what is important to them.

In my case, the MBA 11, caused me to cancel any plan I had to purchase an iPad. To me the iPad was just a large iPod/iPhone. More of a 'toy' then a useful computer.

On the other hand, is to me the MBA 11 is the 'net-book' computer that uses Apple OS and does anything any of my other computers can do when I need it on trips or when I'm away from home and need a real computer.

I was even looking at some of the PC net books, before the MBA 11 came out.

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Nov 27, 2007
As always. one person's ideas and needs are different, based on their individual needs and ideas of what is important to them.

In my case, the MBA 11, caused me to cancel any plan I had to purchase an iPad. To me the iPad was just a large iPod/iPhone. More of a 'toy' then a useful computer.

On the other hand, is to me the MBA 11 is the 'net-book' computer that uses Apple OS and does anything any of my other computers can do when I need it on trips or when I'm away from home and need a real computer.

I was even looking at some of the PC net books, before the MBA 11 came out.

Me too. I actually bought a used Dell mini 10v ($200) and hackintoshed it. I invested so much time and money to upgrade the RAM and SSD. It was quite usable, except I was having so much problems when connecting it with VGA projectors. I eventually gave up and moved to 11" MBA. A lot more expensive but well worth it.

On the other hand, I still kept and regular use my iPad. It's a much better ebook reader on couches and beds. It's also great for catching up TV episodes on the go.

pandamonia

macrumors 6502a
Nov 15, 2009
i sold my ipad for most of what i paid for it.

tbh i thought it was crap.

felt slow and the apps werent as good as the iphone and i didnt like paying the screen size tax on apps that are 99p vs £5.99 on ipad.

if you get by on a ipad for everyday computer your not using it right :p

skcrane

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2009
dayton, oh
we ended up trading my wife's old macbook and ipad for a macbook air 13 ultimate she is really excited to get it should be monday via ups. we bought ours from power max no sales tax free shipping gave good trade on her macbook and ipad pretty much paid for her new macbook air. I am going to keep my ipad 3g, we like the 3g of the ipad when traveling. I also enjoy the ereader, and casual browsing internet and email with ipad as I still have my 27 inch imac for heavy computer usage. We have best of both worlds with ipad and macbook air.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.