Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apple2991

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2004
3Memos said:
Must have been drunk.

I hope not. Makes it a lot less funny if she were.

Famous last words: "Hey! See what I can still d-AAAAAARGH!" I hope I don't go like that.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Just before she fell, she had called out to a friend, "Watch to see what I can still do,"

It is a very sad way for one's life to end. Reading her comment caused me to wonder if she wasn't suffering from depression. Had she tried to get help prior. Could have very well been suicide, as though she wasn't able to perform her daily life.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
What seems odd is that she fell from the second floor. Now I realize that's gotta hurt, but isn't that only about 10-12 feet of fall? Though I guess it was onto the patio, which I assume is concrete, and perhaps below ground level.

3Memos

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2005
What if it was foul play.

"Just before she fell, she had called out to a friend, "Watch to see what I can still do," a police report said. Foul play is not believed to be involved, officials said."

Instead what if she called out to her supposed-friend, "Stop pushing me!"

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
emw said:
What seems odd is that she fell from the second floor. Now I realize that's gotta hurt, but isn't that only about 10-12 feet of fall? Though I guess it was onto the patio, which I assume is concrete, and perhaps below ground level.

It doesn't take much of a fall to kill you, if you hit your head. In fact, if you fell to the floor from a standing position and didn't put your arms out, you might sustain fatal trauma (kids, DON'T try this at home).

Mantat

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2003
Montréal (Canada)
This is not that bad. Google for Freerun and you will see people doing way more dangerous stunts. With proper training, handastand like this arent dangerous at all and in the article there is no mention of the athletic skills.

The only weird thing is that its a girl, not a boy! I totaly see myself doing that kind of thing!

So far I have done:
- jump numerous times from roof to roof
- jump from roof to pool (inbetween distance was about 9feet)
- climb super high tree
- rock climb free style (no rope or any thing)
- gun fight with my friend with bb guns (that was very stupid)
- spliting shotgun sheels to get the black powder so I could make rockets

Most of these things were done before I was 18 and I would probably never do them again, I think I have wasted all my 'spare lives' doing these things and I would not want my name associated with the Darwins award in anyways!

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Lord Blackadder said:
It doesn't take much of a fall to kill you, if you hit your head. In fact, if you fell to the floor from a standing position and didn't put your arms out, you might sustain fatal trauma (kids, DON'T try this at home).
Sure, but if someone is athletic enough to do handstands on railings, you'd think they'd know how to avoid falling on their head. But apparently not.

Blackheart

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2004
Seattle
emw said:
Sure, but if someone is athletic enough to do handstands on railings, you'd think they'd know how to avoid falling on their head. But apparently not.

Key words... "athletic enough to do handstands on railings"... seems to me this person wasn't fantastic at this.

mkaake

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2003
mi
Blackheart said:
Call me crazy but I thought natural selection was fundamental to the theory of evolution.

sure it's fundamental to the theory of evolution, but that doesn't mean that events of natural selection are evolution :)

anyhew, pretty stupid. i think if I wanted to show someone that I could do a handstand, i might do it on my bed, or in the living room... deff. not on the handrailing of a second story balcony...

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Blackheart said:
Key words... "athletic enough to do handstands on railings"... seems to me this person wasn't fantastic at this.
Quite true. And she probably wasn't coherent enough to understand what was happening either.

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
mkaake said:
sure it's fundamental to the theory of evolution, but that doesn't mean that events of natural selection are evolution :)

anyhew, pretty stupid. i think if I wanted to show someone that I could do a handstand, i might do it on my bed, or in the living room... deff. not on the handrailing of a second story balcony...

Reminds me of the old Bill Hicks rant about how acid don't kill people stupid kills people. Why do people who take acid and believe they can fly climb the stairs and jump off the roof instead of proving it more convincingly by takeing off from the ground and flying up to the roof?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.