Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Daveway

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2004
New Orleans / Lafayette, La
I have all the books! Its very funny but sad at the same time.
My favorite is the guy who used a bullet as a fuse in his car and the bullet fired and shot him in the testicle so he swerved and wrecked killing him and the passenger. And we can't forget the guy who wanted to fly with all the balloons.

virividox

macrumors 601
Original poster
daveway00 said:
I have all the books! Its very funny but sad at the same time.
My favorite is the guy who used a bullet as a fuse in his car and the bullet fired and shot him in the testicle so he swerved and wrecked killing him and the passenger. And we can't forget the guy who wanted to fly with all the balloons.

i like the lawyer who ran through a high rise window testing it for law students!!! DUH

chanoc

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2003
Anchorage, Alaska USA
About a month ago, a woman in Anchorage, Alaska pulled off the Seward Highway at McHuge Creek. She proceeded to douse herself with gasoline, walked down the highway, and lite herself onfire - a walking torch visible to passing motorists. A couple of motorists stopped to help by rolling her in the snow, but burns covered 90% of her body. She was rushed to the hospital.

This story appeared in the Anchorage Daily News last month, but was not posted on their Web site. Latter I learned they pulled the AP article due to sensitive issues.

Why the hell would somebody do an act as stupid as this? This gets my vote for the Darwin Award. :rolleyes:

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
chanoc said:
About a month ago, a woman in Anchorage, Alaska pulled off the Seward Highway at McHuge Creek. She proceeded to douse herself with gasoline, walked down the highway, and lite herself onfire - a walking torch visible to passing motorists. A couple of motorists stopped to help by rolling her in the snow, but burns covered 90% of her body. She was rushed to the hospital.

This story appeared in the Anchorage Daily News last month, but was not posted on their Web site. Latter I learned they pulled the AP article due to sensitive issues.

Why the hell would somebody do an act as stupid as this? This gets my vote for the Darwin Award. :rolleyes:

While a 'stupid' act I doubt it'll qualify for the Darwin's. I think the act needs to be stupid but the death uninteded. Although they'll make an exception where a suicide attempt while ultimately succesfull is so in a manner not directly intended by the victim/idiot/awardee!

virividox

macrumors 601
Original poster
chanoc said:

some people lite themselves up as a manner of protest. so i dont find it unlikely that she was either doing someting similar to meet those ends

bigandy

macrumors G3
Apr 30, 2004
Murka
i showed this to a friend - he just said "typical bloody americans".

i think i almost wet myself laughing.

DISCLAIMER: no offence to any americans intended. it's a joke, find it funny. i have a lot of american friends from travelling for months in the states and they'd all take it as a joke. do the same. ;)

:D

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
virividox said:
hahah someone gonna make a joke about alaskans i can feel it coming :D

Both of these stories are very sad. To do either of these takes a very deep despair. Probably their calls for help were ignored. Some also just can't be reached. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.