Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TroyBoy30

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
Atlanta GA
Looking to pick up the second gen ipad and I'm bogged down with all the accessory choices! I've read and searched everything here for days and I'm simply more confused than I was before I started looking!

I'm leaning towards a Portenzo case and PS screen protectors but wanted to get input from you guys on what the must have accessories are!

I assume that no stand would be needed if I have the Portenzo case correct?

do you guys suggest accessories such as the wireless keyboard?

what else do you consider a must have accessory?

thanks in advance. I know the regulars have to be tired of these threads!

poloponies

Suspended
May 3, 2010
Perhaps you should wait to actually have it in hand. Unless you're confident that it will be identical in form to the current one.

poloponies

Suspended
May 3, 2010
yea I'm not going to purchase anything until it's announced! Just getting my plan together!

Same goes for the plan. You never know what's coming next. It may be that it's the identical form factor, it may be that there are front/rear cameras -- who knows? If there are changes then there will be different cases out there (especially if the camera thing pans out). Just wait a few months and see how you're actually going to use it. I ordered the iPad before release along with the docking keyboard. I have used the keyboard exactly once*. Planning ahead doesn't make sense unless you know how you're going to be using it, and what "it" is.

*I also have a bluetooth keyboard for my iMac and I used that with the iPad about once as well. Just didn't suit my habits.

steezy1337

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2008
Carlisle, UK
http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-31747_7-20024206-243.html

iPad 2 camera lens supplier leaked.

I'm thinking the new iPad will change in appearance. I think it will have the look of the iPhone 4...squared off. Two cameras; front and back. So with that said, i wouldn't be purchasing anything or even putting together a list of what to purchase, because "This changes everything...again!"

i hope it isn't squared off like the iPhone 4, the curve on the back of the iPad makes it comfier to hold than what i'd imagine a squared off back would. i would think that it's going to stay similar to the iPod touch's design more than the iPhone.

poloponies

Suspended
May 3, 2010
i hope it isn't squared off like the iPhone 4, the curve on the back of the iPad makes it comfier to hold than what i'd imagine a squared off back would. i would think that it's going to stay similar to the iPod touch's design more than the iPhone.

The iPhone 4 design makes sense for a small phone (you can grip the sides and pick it up with one hand), for the iPad it's a bit unwieldy.

mobi

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2004
Penn's Woods
Pick a few that you like and do an in-depth search on the customer reviews...good way to sort through so many choices.

Built

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
Waaaayyy too early to be looking at accessories...as others have pointed out...that may not be able to be used with the 2nd gen iPad.

I know you're excited about your future purchase, but this thread is really just a waste of time as nobody knows what the 2nd gen iPad is going to look like, and if it is different, there will be a whole host of newly-designed accessories.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.