PDA

View Full Version : Another WaterField Sleeve Thread :)

mario24601
Dec 13, 2010, 12:19 AM
Well I just ordered my WaterField case for my Air 13. I got the horizontal with leather and D rings with strap. I was going to get the extra piggy pouch but decided not to at the last minute...I guess I can always order later if I decide I really want it. I cant wait to receive it, I will post a mini review once I have it...it seems like a good product.

TheGenerous
Dec 13, 2010, 12:39 AM
Well I just ordered my WaterField case for my Air 13. I got the horizontal with leather and D rings with strap. I was going to get the extra piggy pouch but decided not to at the last minute...I guess I can always order later if I decide I really want it. I cant wait to receive it, I will post a mini review once I have it...it seems like a good product.

cool

///M5
Dec 13, 2010, 01:51 PM
Cool story bro. Would've been even cooler had you posted in an existing thread.

cnixon
Dec 13, 2010, 01:54 PM
I received mine a few weeks ago. You will not be dissappointed. This is my first Waterfield product, but far from my last.

teski
Dec 13, 2010, 02:23 PM
Cool story bro. Would've been even cooler had you posted in an existing thread.

No different than the 5-10 wobbling/creaking threads, multiple "which one should I get", and other threads we see so many of. :)

smatguy
Dec 13, 2010, 06:38 PM
Yup, you'll like the WF case for the Air. I have the vertical with flap since I use a vertical style 'carry my junk' bag in the ballistic nylon as well.

mario24601
Dec 16, 2010, 09:35 PM
Just got my case in the mail. First impression: very good craftsmanship. Material looks and feels very sturdy. I am very happy with my purchase. It fits like a glove.

I do have two minor complaints.

1. The strap did not have the "made in SF" tag on it....like I have seen in pictures others have posted. I just kind liked the way the tag looked. I am going to email Gary see if they can send me another one with it but if not, I guess not a big deal.

2. Someone else commented on the smell and I agree. I smells pretty bad but I am hoping that is just temporary and part of the construction smell(adhesive etc) that will go away.

Let me know if anyone has any questions.

INEEDANOTEBOOK
Dec 18, 2010, 11:47 PM
Just got my case in the mail. First impression: very good craftsmanship. Material looks and feels very sturdy. I am very happy with my purchase. It fits like a glove.

Any padding?

treynolds
Dec 19, 2010, 07:52 PM
I ordered and am using a Waterfield for my 13" MBA as well, but went with the vertical orientation, because it fits my notebook-backpack better that way.

Got the beefier shoulder strap, but plan on returning it as it's overkill for the Waterfield case and too bulky to pack. I'll be looking for a less-bulky strap.

Still, a good product, with excellent workmanship, made in the USA. And I don't think $86 shipped is that bad for what you get (Leather trim, flap, shoulder strap...)

treynolds
Dec 19, 2010, 07:53 PM
Any padding?

Yes. 1/4 neoprene padding. Very nice, very secure.

teski
Dec 19, 2010, 10:06 PM
Any padding?

Yes, they do very well protecting your machine.

mario24601
Dec 20, 2010, 11:55 AM
Yes, padding is better than most if not all sleeves I have seen for the Air.

peapody
Dec 20, 2010, 12:13 PM
Never really liked the waterfield look. But nice, congrats!

Rooskibar03
Dec 20, 2010, 08:18 PM
Got mine today. Went with the flap, standard lower section and no strap.

What a great case! Excellent service, including a hand written note on the invoice thanking me for my business.

Just enough padding to keep my new baby safe in the event of a drop and still thin enough to fit inside a larger case if need be.

almostjay
Dec 24, 2010, 11:09 PM
Just got my sleeve case and vertigo bag from the g/f for Christmas. It's everything I expected, which obviously was a lot given the praise these things have been getting around here. My MBA has been naked for over a month now so I'm really happy to finally have some protection for it!

intervenient
Dec 29, 2010, 04:24 AM
Anyone else's sleeve have like grease stains on them?

Alvesang
Dec 29, 2010, 12:16 PM
Can't wait to get mine (horizontal, flap, no leather, no strap), I hate not being able to take my MBA with me (no chance I'm taking it with me without proper protection). Nonetheless, thanks for the thread, now I know I made the right choice.

DarwinOSX
Dec 29, 2010, 04:04 PM
I;ve got one on order for my ultimate 13" Air. I've bought lots of their products in the past and have always been very satisfied.

crazyyankeefan
Jan 21, 2011, 05:09 PM
Just received mine for my 13" MBA, and I must say that I'm amazed by the quality of this sleeve case.:)