PDA

View Full Version : iMac G5 rev B... When?


cawiddis
Jan 23, 2005, 09:27 AM
So no news in January about Rev B for the iMac G5...

Are there any rumors out there about an ETA on the next Rev?

Chuckles

Bear
Jan 23, 2005, 09:36 AM
So no news in January about Rev B for the iMac G5...

Are there any rumors out there about an ETA on the next Rev?

ChucklesI'd say that the Rev B iMac G5s will be announced after the next revision of the PowerMacs. And that will be somewhere between now and the end of June.

Sometimes it's worth waiting for an update and sometimes one should just go and buy a machine.

Savage Henry
Jan 23, 2005, 09:47 AM
I'm pretty sure Apple will wait for the euphoric honeymoon of the Mac Mini to die down and stock movements assume a normal pattern (say four months) before the revB iMac comes out.

And when it does it's the one for me. :cool:

Platform
Feb 9, 2005, 08:47 PM
What will be changed

GPU gf 6200
CPU 2.0Ghz
HDD 160GB
RAM 512MB :confused:

Anything else

miloblithe
Feb 9, 2005, 09:27 PM
It doesn't seem terribly likely that it would be a major revision, given that it's a new platform and the Powermac ceiling isn't all that high and isn't likely to be all that much higher.

dswoodley
Feb 9, 2005, 09:43 PM
What will be changed

GPU gf 6200
CPU 2.0Ghz
HDD 160GB
RAM 512MB :confused:

Anything else

IF Apple has listened, then a GPU bump or bto option too. Yep, I'm orderin the first day rev B is announced.

aafuss1
Feb 9, 2005, 10:27 PM
IF Apple has listened, then a GPU bump or bto option too. Yep, I'm orderin the first day rev B is announced.

One of the posters mentioned a GF 6200-as far I know, it's PCI Express only on PC's (the 6600 has a AGP counterpart).