Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blodwyn

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 28, 2004
Portland, Oregon
I mainly listen to audio books, so the ability to pick up from the last play position saves a lot of hassle. On my iPod, if I pause and let it go to sleep it will continue from where it left off next time I switch it on.

So the question is to all you lucky Shuffle owners - does the iPod Shuffle do the same?

Thanks

Nickygoat

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2004
London
Yes - at least it does with music. It' ll start off in the same place as it was left. Don't know about audiobooks though - I never use them.

blodwyn

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 28, 2004
Portland, Oregon
Thanks. The audio books I listen to are straight MP3 files, but maybe up to an hour long for each file. So the ability to resume from the last position is pretty important when you have no display to help you fast forward through a file.

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
atomiton said:
can you hold the Fwd button to F-forward?

Yes, holding down the Fwd button fast-forwards, rather than skipping to the next track if you just clicked it.

And to confirm, yes, the iPod shuffle will resume where it was last playing, even if you shut it off. You don't even need to pause the track first. I just checked it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.