PDA

View Full Version : iMac Airport Problems

nate13
Jan 24, 2005, 08:14 PM
hiya everyone..
well jsut recently my airport has crashed......AGAIN....
Any sugestions? i checked the support site and i guess it jsut affects mine and few others (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=107518) soim wondering about any others with this problem. If ne1 else has had these problems could you please post your solutions and sugestions. thanx a million.
nate

Passante
Jan 24, 2005, 08:18 PM
What exactly happend to the airport (basestation?). Did you upgrade the airport admin utility?

nate13
Jan 24, 2005, 08:29 PM
What exactly happend to the airport (basestation?). Did you upgrade the airport admin utility?
well if you read the kbase article it is a software issue with the i MAc

Daveway
Jan 24, 2005, 08:33 PM
Something is very wrong with my Aiport card. I'm 40 feet from the base with one wall and I have 1-2 bars. I don't know what the problem could be other than that its a Dell router.

GodBless
Jan 24, 2005, 08:58 PM
nate13, can you give us more details about your problem such as if you have upgraded your AirPort software as the Apple site you referred us to recommended, what you were doing right before it crashed and if you have any guesses about what the source of the problem is from any additional information you might have gathered from other sources. If you can give us this information then we will be able to help you solve the roots of your problem.

Thanks.

diamond geezer
Jan 24, 2005, 09:31 PM
Something is very wrong with my Aiport card. I'm 40 feet from the base with one wall and I have 1-2 bars. I don't know what the problem could be other than that its a Dell router.

40 feet and a wall sounds like 1-2 bars would be normal.

GodBless
Jan 24, 2005, 11:15 PM
40 feet and a wall sounds like 1-2 bars would be normal.

With my two year old iBook which uses the original 802.11b AirPort card I usually get one or two bars 60+ feet away through many walls. daveway00, something that you might consider is if you are on a laptop try tilting the screen back and fourth and see if you can get more bars. Also if you can move the base-station around try it and see if you can get better reception.

Passante
Jan 25, 2005, 05:31 AM
well if you read the kbase article it is a software issue with the i MAc

Nate

The kbase states
System software included with certain computers allows them to join AirPort Extreme networks. At the same time, they may not being able to use the AirPort Admin Utility with the base station. A software update resolves the issue.

There is no mention of crashing only not being able to connect to the basestation using the airport utility.

Is your iMac crashing or your basestation. (how could you tell if your basestation is crashing?)

nate13
Jan 28, 2005, 01:53 PM
Nate

The kbase states
System software included with certain computers allows them to join AirPort Extreme networks. At the same time, they may not being able to use the AirPort Admin Utility with the base station. A software update resolves the issue.

There is no mention of crashing only not being able to connect to the basestation using the airport utility.

Is your iMac crashing or your basestation. (how could you tell if your basestation is crashing?)
Im very sorry for fist off the clairfication issue and the dormantness*** of this thread. My iMac is the problem, as the other computer in the house has had no problem connecting. i am accually wondering more about people who have overcome these specific problems in the past. I am guessing it is either a pref file or a software malfunction.
Thanx to all who have responded.
nate

Passante
Jan 28, 2005, 02:19 PM
nate:

What does the airport graphic look like. Is it grayed out or just an outline?