Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigpumbaa

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 25, 2004
I just bought a replacement Apple brand battery for a used iBook I just bought. Anybody have any idea how much battery life i should expect outta my "new" baby?

TrenchMouth

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2002
bigpumbaa said:
I just bought a replacement Apple brand battery for a used iBook I just bought. Anybody have any idea how much battery life i should expect outta my "new" baby?

the runtime for ibooks has not improved that much over the lifetime of the design. from your title i will infer that you are talking about the 500Mhz model. I have the same one. when i got mine it would get as much as 4+ hours though it was advertized as getting up to 5

it depends on what you are doing. if you have a dvd player in it and you plan on watching movies then you are probably looking at around enough juice to finish a movie so long as it isnt lord of the rings. just typing? then you will get as close to the max as possible.

also, the battery did a good job of lasting some 2+ years before it got to the point that it ran out too fast to be useful, and i used it all the time. so all in all, a great laptop and a pretty damn good battery.

varmit

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2003
bigpumbaa said:

I have a 600, and I get about 3 1/2-6 hours. You have more than enough battery to be able to get though the longest movie. And I do mean 3 1/2 hours with intensive graphics and sound that are apart of playing a movie/DVD and about 5 to 6 with normal websurfing with airport card.

RBMaraman

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2002
New Albany, IN
I'm typing this post on my iBook G3 500. I'm on my original battery (3.5 years old) and I still get 4.5 hours even with full brightness and airport on! I love this little 'book!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.