PDA

View Full Version : I've discovered something about ipod earbuds.

a-m-k
Dec 28, 2010, 11:54 AM
They're not pleasent sounding, when you use them to listen to your ipod. I would like to replace them. I don't know when. Though, I have two "particulars". I have very small ears and would like the ear phone to be able to fit into my ear and I would like the cable that allows them to work to be a few inches longer than the ear buds that came with the IPOD. Is this possible to have that kind of specification?

Thanks!

Mitchelino
Dec 28, 2010, 12:28 PM
If you check out an electronics store, or a store with an electronics section, you should be able to find some that meet your needs. I've found many with a longer wire than the Apple ones. The ear buds themselves also are available in many sizes. If you're looking for in-ear ones, I know they usually come with removable buds as well as smaller ones and larger ones.

Dalton63841
Dec 28, 2010, 12:34 PM
If you are not an "audiophile", then I will offer my suggestion:

Sony Earbuds (http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sony-Earbud-Headphones-with-In-Line-iPod-Control-Black/12343460?findingMethod=rr)

They are designed to be used with the iPod, have great sound, and the cord is longer than the original iPod earbuds. Not to mention they only cost $40. Expensive enough not to suck terribly, but still a good price.

sk4prez2020
Dec 28, 2010, 01:12 PM
I too experience both issues you are encountering. Check out Skullcandy earbuds. I like the Ink'd or Smokin' Buds models. They are like $19.99-29.99 at ATT store, come with microphone built in for calling or talking or any app that may use a mic. The chord is longer (easier to keep in your pocket and reach ears or better for excercise), and the headphones are noise cancelling so you don't hear outside noise, just you and your music. GET A PAIR! check me out www.youtube.com/sk4prez2020 :D

a-m-k
Dec 28, 2010, 05:34 PM
I too experience both issues you are encountering. Check out Skullcandy earbuds. I like the Ink'd or Smokin' Buds models. They are like $19.99-29.99 at ATT store, come with microphone built in for calling or talking or any app that may use a mic. The chord is longer (easier to keep in your pocket and reach ears or better for excercise), and the headphones are noise cancelling so you don't hear outside noise, just you and your music. GET A PAIR! check me out www.youtube.com/sk4prez2020 :D
Additional note I didn't think was going to be revant to the topic.... Thanks for the posts this far everybody! I don't know if the additonal information will make suggestions change. Though, I would like to like to stay with the "earbud" model, and not convert to the "old school" walk man type head phones. It's for appearance and comfort sake.

Thanks guys!

PS.
The Scull Candy-type, are they available at stores or just online? I'll look right now (or when I have the time.)

rva1
Dec 28, 2010, 06:02 PM
They're not pleasent sounding, when you use them to listen to your ipod. I would like to replace them. I don't know when. Though, I have two "particulars". I have very small ears and would like the ear phone to be able to fit into my ear and I would like the cable that allows them to work to be a few inches longer than the ear buds that came with the IPOD. Is this possible to have that kind of specification?

Thanks!
I have tried several over the years, but my favorites for the past 2+ years are from v-moda. Very durable cable construction and they sound great. I've seen them in Costco for about $30.

Mine are the iPhone variety and have a microphone and stop/start clicker.

MonkeyET
Dec 28, 2010, 07:40 PM
I think next to iPod/iPhone cases, headphones have the greatest number of options. It is almost overwhelming. I searched earbud headphones in Amazon, and I think there were over 11,000 results. I suppose knowing how much you are willing to spend would be the determinant. I have BOSE, they sound great.

tablo13
Dec 28, 2010, 08:14 PM
PS.
The Scull Candy-type, are they available at stores or just online? I'll look right now (or when I have the time.)

They'll probably be available at many retail stores, and online too.

a-m-k
Dec 28, 2010, 09:06 PM
They'll probably be available at many retail stores, and online too.
I found them online at besbuy.com. Though. I'm going to wait a few days. Thanks, again!

dXTC
Dec 29, 2010, 07:22 AM
I have tried several over the years, but my favorites for the past 2+ years are from v-moda. Very durable cable construction and they sound great. I've seen them in Costco for about $30.

Mine are the iPhone variety and have a microphone and stop/start clicker.

+1 for V-moda. I've been using V-Moda Vibes in Midnight Blue ever since my first iPod back in January 2007. The Vibes are about $60 nowadays, but look classy (the Midnight Blues match the 4th gen nano blue exactly and the 5th gen blues almost so, and there are other colors), have a rather durable cord that resists fraying at the junctures, and sound leagues better than the stock Apple earbuds. Three sizes of ear inserts are common, and V-Moda gives both clear and black in the package in all sizes for free.

Investing in a different set of earbuds acts as a type of security too, especially in a crowded public situation. In larger cities in the US, pickpockets have been known to target iPod users simply by recognizing the white of the Apple earbuds. Using a different set will make you a less obvious theft target. (Unless you insist on playing games on it out in the open on a crowded subway or bus in the bad part of town; in that case, you just might get taught a hard lesson.)

a-m-k
Dec 29, 2010, 12:21 PM
I am going to keep the suggestion for ear buds IF I still feel that it would be necessary to replace the earbuds. Though, I read something that all that had to be done was just make a new Itunes list. I don't really understand WHY making a new list was going to "cure" the problem with the audio, but I tested it out and it seems like it did.

Thanks again! :apple:

kaielement
Dec 29, 2010, 11:25 PM
Skullcandy is all I use. I had one pair for almost two yeas until I slammed them in a car door. I had a pair of Smokin' Buds. I also had a pair of inked until I lost those. I didn't much care for the sound on the inked. I decided to spend a little more money and bought some 50/50 and I like those so far. You can get the Skullcandys pretty much anywhere or online. Over all I have been impressed in the longevity in the brand.

R94N
Dec 31, 2010, 06:39 AM
Some people seem to swear by the regular earbuds, but personally I prefer on-ear or over-ear headphones rather than earbuds, because often they fall out in my ears or just don't fit properly so they get really annoying. I have a pair of Sennheiser PX 100-IIs.

blackburn
Dec 31, 2010, 07:10 AM
Whatever you do don't go to head-fi for getting advices, You will get hooked and you will blow you wallet like I did.
The only thing I know about the included earbuds is that they suck real hard:D

RedRallyeZ
Dec 31, 2010, 09:18 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I just bought a few pairs of v-modas. I got the crossfades for myself when im at home and the vibratos when I'm just wanting something smaller. Listened to all of them in the store and they sound great. I picked up a couple extra pairs of them for my parents too.

I actually had the beats tours, and they got stolen out of my bookbag at school. I liked them, sounded good. The only problem is that you kinda have to get lucky about your ear size to get those tours to fit

Blondie :)
Jan 3, 2011, 10:00 AM
Skullcandy is all I use. I had one pair for almost two yeas until I slammed them in a car door. I had a pair of Smokin' Buds. I also had a pair of inked until I lost those. I didn't much care for the sound on the inked. I decided to spend a little more money and bought some 50/50 and I like those so far. You can get the Skullcandys pretty much anywhere or online. Over all I have been impressed in the longevity in the brand.

Agreed. Skullcandy is all I use as well. I currently have a pair of smokin' buds, and a pair of lowrider headphones. My favorite pair I've owned so far were Titan's. They were kinda expensive, but they were hella worth it :) Unfortunately, the cord design connecting the headphone jack to the wire was poor, and so they broke after like 8 months. But what a grand 8 months it was :)

mikelegacy
Jan 3, 2011, 02:41 PM
I had a pair of Full Metal Jacket skullcandy earbuds, and they costs $80 and I STILL like my apple iPod headphones better. I'm somewhat of an "audiophile" and I do record music in studio, so I would never recommend earbuds anyways, but I like the apple ones

a-m-k
Feb 19, 2011, 10:12 PM
Sorry to be "M-I-A", I didn't think anyone else posted after the fact that suggestions were made. However, I have found a solution and it was a cheap solution. I just took all of my songs from my "purchased" list and moved them to a list titled with my initials, worked like a charm. (I forgot how I found this out.) The sound is perfect.

Thanks, everybody!

Scepticalscribe
Feb 24, 2011, 06:42 PM
Some people seem to swear by the regular earbuds, but personally I prefer on-ear or over-ear headphones rather than earbuds, because often they fall out in my ears or just don't fit properly so they get really annoying. I have a pair of Sennheiser PX 100-IIs.

I have a Sennheiser pair as well and have found them very good, but in general, I, too prefer over ear, or on ear headphones as I find them to be more comfortable than the buds. I have also used Bose ear-buds (good), and had a pair of Bang & Olufsen buds which were also very good. These tended to be quite expensive, though. However, I never liked the ear-buds that came with the iPods; despite their "cool" appearance, I found that they were extremely uncomfortable to wear.

Cheers

waffle911
Feb 25, 2011, 12:38 AM
(Insert generic response comparing Sennheiser PX-100II's to Koss PortaPro's at half the price, further driving the thread off-topic)

That said, I'm left feeling rather dazed and confused at the OP's supposed 'solution'. How on Earth did moving purchased music into a different playlist suddenly improve the playback quality on the iPod (since it seemed the 'iBuds' were only lacking when used with the iPod as per the OP)?

eNcrypTioN
Feb 27, 2011, 07:08 PM
I'm using the beats by dre tours and love them.

Rapmastac1
Mar 1, 2011, 04:00 PM
When I open my new iPods, the one thing that never comes out of the box are the headphones. They are worthless, only good as a last resort. I have two headphones I use while out and about (and several more types at home), one is the Nike headphones by Sienhieser and the others are Skullcandy buds that block out exterior noise. The Nike's cost almost as much as my Nano but are totally worth it.

Fuzzy.Dunlop
Mar 1, 2011, 04:28 PM
Whatever you do don't go to head-fi for getting advices, You will get hooked and you will blow you wallet like I did.

This, I used to love my Klipsch S4i's (very highly rated) started looking at head-fi and now after buying some B&W P5's I can't even listen to music with my Klipsch's anymore

pjarvi
Mar 16, 2011, 10:29 AM
I forget where I saw these recommended (may have been a podcast), but I bought some in-ear earbuds from MEElectronics (http://www.meelec.com/). I got the M9 which are the cheapest ones they sell ($20) and used them for a cross-country train trip back in September over Labor Day. Sound is excellent and the in-ear style cuts out background noise better than any other type of headphones short of active noise-cancelling ones.

http://www.meelec.com/v/vspfiles/photos/Earphone-M9-MEE-2T.jpg

sjinsjca
Mar 16, 2011, 10:59 AM
My son is an audiophile and can't say enough about his Thinksound Rain headphones, which are carved of wood.

http://www.thinksound.com/index.php

We had an issue with his first pair right after they came out, and the service we got from Thinksound was nothing short of spectacular. Instant, generous and beyond the call. They're in New Hampshire, so you're not dealing with some evanescent storefront in Bangalore, but with folks who might be your neighbors. (The kind of neighbors who're really helpful and there-when-you-need them!)

Recommended, both from an audio standpoint and from a customer-satisfaction standpoint. Plus, their headsets are freakin' gorgeous.

dime21
Mar 16, 2011, 11:06 AM
Before you buy anything, I highly recommend you give a listen to a pair of Grado SR-80's. I've owned headphones costing hundreds of dollars (my most expensive pair was $360), and none were as good as the Grado SR-80 which are only $80. I am very very impressed with these! I've since sold all my others on ebay because I don't use them anymore after buying these.

http://www.gradolabs.com/product_pages/sr80.htm

a-m-k
Mar 16, 2011, 11:18 AM
I think I figured out the reason why that happened... I just made a new list other than the "purchased" list. It seems to have worked, but it's never quiet enough to hear and take notice of any additonal negative audio sounds. (staticy)

Though, I have been able to use the included earphones (ibuds?) on my MBP while listening to the list I made and transferred "purchased" items over. All is good. Thanks everybody!

TMRaven
Mar 19, 2011, 06:16 PM
I find the included apple earbuds with the iPod to sound better than the 90dollar retail skullcandy holua that I bought. While the apple buds are attenuated and produce literally no bass, the holua produce too much bass (flabby bass, at that) and while the highs/mids are less tinny, they are definitely not full, and overly muddy. Not to mention the cord that they came with transfers noise when you hit them-- something which the infamously cheap apple buds don't do.

The apple earbuds definitely produce a more balanced sound than anything skullcandy offers though (if you don't account for any bass that's under 100hz)

Massive earphone comparison (http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-152-iems-compared-woodees-blues-xears-td-iii-added-03-14) (scroll all the way to bottom for quick comparison chart)

tablo13
Mar 19, 2011, 09:54 PM

Head-Fiers will hate this thread, because people are recommending Skullcandy :D btw, having owned both of them, Meelec m9 is much, much, much better than Skullcandy Ink'd.

Sent from my iPod touch 4th generation using Tapatalk

lPHONE
Mar 19, 2011, 11:13 PM
I picked up a pair of Skullcandy, earbuds from walgreens for $14,99 and have been completely blown away. These are the loudest earbuds EVER- and I will never use anything else.

What's even cooler is that Skullcandy has an account on eBay (http://myworld.ebay.com/skullcandy/?_trksid=p4340.l2559). They can be had for as low as $5.87 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220733375808&var)

I cannot run a marathon without my Shuffle and Skullcandy earbuds.

TMRaven
Mar 20, 2011, 12:02 AM
Apparently loud equals sound quality.

rekhyt
Mar 20, 2011, 01:45 AM
Apparently loud equals sound quality.

Lol. Agreed.

ezekielrage_99
Mar 20, 2011, 07:05 AM
T'is true the stock iPod earbuds suck donkey c0ck... I think recommending Skullcandy is like recommending metho for a Martini instead of quality gin like Bombay Sapphire, Tanqueray or Gordon's.

What I do find amusing is that people will spend several hundreds of dollars on an digital audio player and use a $20 set of phone with it, talk about buy a 52" LCD and still using Betamax ;)

I would suggest getting a decent set from:
Audiocubes (http://www.audiocubes.com/index.php?cPath=23)
Headphones (http://www.headphone.com/)
Headphonic (http://headphones.com.au/)

I would suggest the following:
- Alessandro MS-1
- Grado SR 80i/125i
- Audio Technica ATH-ES7
- Sennheizer CX-300II

Alvesang
Mar 20, 2011, 05:36 PM
T'is true the stock iPod earbuds suck donkey c0ck... I think recommending Skullcandy is like recommending metho for a Martini instead of quality gin like Bombay Sapphire, Tanqueray or Gordon's.

What I do find amusing is that people will spend several hundreds of dollars on an digital audio player and use a $20 set of phone with it, talk about buy a 52" LCD and still using Betamax ;)

I would suggest the following:
- Alessandro MS-1
- Grado SR 80i/125i
- Audio Technica ATH-ES7
- Sennheizer CX-300II
I completely agree. I'm using the Sennheiser CX-300II for more than two years now, they sound quite good and I haven't had any kind of problem with them. I would however go with the black version, the white ones look more greyish after a while.

Sometimes I'm checking out other headphones just for the fun of it. I recently tested a pair of Monster Beats by Dr. Dre (the in-ear tour version). What they offered in sound quality and design they lacked in build quality. That's a shame really, they aren't exactly cheap. The same goes for their on ear versions, I tested the Studio headphones and loved the sound but hated the cheap plastic feel. Sticking to some Panasonic and Reloops for my on ear needs.

a-m-k
Apr 8, 2011, 04:18 PM
not the point....

The point i am making, I don't have to use the earbuds include with my ipod anymore. I told her I didn't like the way the ear buds w/ the ipods where designed, my ears are too small for them. Now the new ones have a little insert that can can go in the ear canal (if that makes ANY sense). It's like the accustics are 100 times better at least.

My sister is awesome, she replaced a damaged product with better quality sounding ear buds. :)

No, they're not scullcandy... she bought what was was abailable where she went. They're "M&M" brand. (Yep, with the "m", too.)

cambookpro
Apr 8, 2011, 05:14 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Don't take my word for it as I use Apple In-ear headphones (:p) but Skullcandy headphones for sound quality are CRAP. You go Skullcandy if you're a teenager (look at me talk!) and care more for fashion than quality. Most people I know would choose some 'phones that get them noticed rather than what they sound like. Oh and for a decent pair of headphones get some low end (30ish) Sennhiser in ear buds. Quite comfy and isolate noise well, but can lack bass.

thibaulthalpern
Apr 8, 2011, 05:48 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Don't take my word for it as I use Apple In-ear headphones (:p) but Skullcandy headphones for sound quality are CRAP. You go Skullcandy if you're a teenager (look at me talk!) and care more for fashion than quality. Most people I know would choose some 'phones that get them noticed rather than what they sound like. Oh and for a decent pair of headphones get some low end (30ish) Sennhiser in ear buds. Quite comfy and isolate noise well, but can lack bass.

I personally LIKE the Apple earphones, including the Apple in-ear earphones. They sound just fine to me though probably not as good as other more expensive ones out there. However, the sound quality is good of the Apple ones are good enough for me, plus they have the other positive factor of having a built-in remote and mic which I really appreciate.

a-m-k
Apr 8, 2011, 11:30 PM
I personally LIKE the Apple earphones, including the Apple in-ear earphones. They sound just fine to me though probably not as good as other more expensive ones out there. However, the sound quality is good of the Apple ones are good enough for me, plus they have the other positive factor of having a built-in remote and mic which I really appreciate.

If I had bigger ear canals thoose may have been fine, but I have small ears and my sister knows this so she found the awesome ear buds that sit comfortably in your ear. they're cute little things, roughly the size of a "m&m", wich is why they're inspired by the shape of the candy.

cambookpro
Apr 9, 2011, 06:34 AM
If I had bigger ear canals thoose may have been fine, but I have small ears and my sister knows this so she found the awesome ear buds that sit comfortably in your ear. they're cute little things, roughly the size of a "m&m", wich is why they're inspired by the shape of the candy.

I have quite small ears as I'm still young, and the Apple in-ear's fit perfectly.

FACT OF THE DAY: Your ears never stop growing and still continue to grow (along with you hair and nails) for a short while after you die. :D

Alvesang
Apr 9, 2011, 05:04 PM
Just got the Monster Beats by Dr. Dre Solo HD today. Nice on-ear headphones. Yes, they look nice, yes, they feel nice and no, from an audiophiles point of view they do not make any sense whatsoever, because there are plenty of better sounding cans in the same price range out there. But I love the immensely dominating bass despite their relatively small measurements and do not care that much for the perfect sound anyway. They're a keeper. ;)

neutrino23
Apr 9, 2011, 05:35 PM
Take a look at Snuggbuds.

http://snuggbuds.com/

I got some at MWSF and like them a lot. Sound is quite good but the really nice thing about them is they don't fall out. You can go walking or engage in other activity and they stay in your ears. I've never used ear buds because they won't stay in my ears but these don't have that problem. Amazing.

Alvesang
Apr 9, 2011, 05:42 PM
Take a look at Snuggbuds.

http://snuggbuds.com/

I got some at MWSF and like them a lot. Sound is quite good but the really nice thing about them is they don't fall out. You can go walking or engage in other activity and they stay in your ears. I've never used ear buds because they won't stay in my ears but these don't have that problem. Amazing.

They look like your typical in-ears. In-ears should never fall out of your ears. ;)

s.hasan546
Apr 9, 2011, 05:56 PM
I picked up a pair of Skullcandy, earbuds from walgreens for $14,99 and have been completely blown away. These are the loudest earbuds EVER- and I will never use anything else.

What's even cooler is that Skullcandy has an account on eBay (http://myworld.ebay.com/skullcandy/?_trksid=p4340.l2559). They can be had for as low as $5.87 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220733375808&var)

I cannot run a marathon without my Shuffle and Skullcandy earbuds.

THANK YOU. lol. even tho i think skullcandy's have bad sound quality, i needed a pair of headphone that wouldn't fall out of my ears. the cheap $10 clip on sonys sucked with sound and kept breaking. For $6 ill give skullcandy a shot for my gym headphones.

dXTC
Apr 9, 2011, 10:19 PM
FACT OF THE DAY: Your ears never stop growing and still continue to grow (along with you hair and nails) for a short while after you die. :D

Actually, this is not exactly true, according to most medical professionals, although it may look that way sometimes. A quote from this article in the New York Times (http://www.nytimes.com/1991/03/12/science/q-a-germs-and-phones.html?pagewanted=1) (second question):

A. "No, they don't," said Dr. Berish Strauch, chairman of the department of plastic and reconstructive surgery at Montefiore Medical Center and Albert Einstein College of Medicine in the Bronx.

Ears reach full growth fairly early, he said. By the time a person is about 7 years old, he said, the ears have reached most of their adult size.

The nose continues to change shape throughout life, he said, but the most rapid changes come around puberty, and around the ages of 12 to 15, the nose reaches most of its adult size.

Subtle changes occur in all organs throughout life, Dr. Strauch said, and while the nose does not normally get any larger, it may sag and change shape, along with the rest of the face, so that it appears larger.

Certain abnormal conditions can make the nose grow, he said, including acne rosacea, a skin disease that produces a W. C. Fields-type nose with a large, bulbous tip, and rhinophyma, an acute form of rosacea that affects the lower half of the nose and sometimes spreads to adjacent cheek areas.

cambookpro
Apr 10, 2011, 04:18 AM
Actually, this is not exactly true, according to most medical professionals, although it may look that way sometimes. A quote from this article in the New York Times (http://www.nytimes.com/1991/03/12/science/q-a-germs-and-phones.html?pagewanted=1) (second question):

Okay, okay, I was just saying what my Biology teacher told me :p

a-m-k
Apr 10, 2011, 02:43 PM
I have quite small ears as I'm still young, and the Apple in-ear's fit perfectly.

I am not talking about the ears themselves... the ear canals, where the traditional I-pod ear buds sit, I never could get them to stay still no matterwhat I did. With my new ones they have an insert on them that can fit in the ear canal. (I guess like ear plugs. They fit in perfectly. The great thing, I can bend over and do things while listening to them and not worry about them falling out all the time.) Though, since my ears are s small to begin with. Its interesting.

TMRaven
Apr 13, 2011, 10:49 AM
Just got the Monster Beats by Dr. Dre Solo HD today. Nice on-ear headphones. Yes, they look nice, yes, they feel nice and no, from an audiophiles point of view they do not make any sense whatsoever, because there are plenty of better sounding cans in the same price range out there. But I love the immensely dominating bass despite their relatively small measurements and do not care that much for the perfect sound anyway. They're a keeper. ;)

Well you don't even have to be an audiophile to know that they're overhyped/overrated/overpriced results of marketing. I mean, if you really wanted very deep and overpowering bass, you wouldn't have to look any further than Sony's MDR-XB700 (http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-XB700-Diaphragm-Driver-Headphones/dp/B001RB24SW), which provides a richer, deeper bass for half the price. About the only argument you could make would be that you wouldn't want to go out in public with the Sonys looking like Princess Leia with her bun hairstyle.

janstett
Apr 13, 2011, 01:19 PM
I still have earbuds (for emergency and stealth use) but my advice is to get a set of actual over-the-ear headphones. Earbuds suck. Think about it, the speakers have to be tiny. And this is coming from someone who dropped a few hundred on Shure's top of the line buds.

For serious listening I have an external amp and Sennheiser 650HDs (which are also very expensive). For casual listening I have a Bose QC2 -- overpriced, but the noise cancelling is great and they are very comfortable to wear for long periods of time.

I generally don't like Bose or the DSP they do, but after borrowing a friend's I bought them when I was doing a lot of international travel -- a trip from JFK to Tokyo I spent the whole flight with them on and aside from some ear sweat, it was a pleasure. And it neutralized the engine noise quite well.

By contrast, the eggshell style Sony noise cancelling headphones I had prior to that became painful after about an hour and didn't even work all that well.

a-m-k
Apr 13, 2011, 05:11 PM
over the ears weren't an option for me.

Alvesang
Apr 13, 2011, 06:14 PM
About the only argument you could make would be that you wouldn't want to go out in public with the Sonys looking like Princess Leia with her bun hairstyle.

You got me, I voted "sexy" with my wallet. ;)

TMRaven
Apr 13, 2011, 08:01 PM
More people need to sport Princess Leia hair buns though. :(

Danny Boy
Apr 14, 2011, 08:19 AM
If sound quality is a high priority, you need to check out Etymotic. They are sold at the Apple store as well as many other outlets. They are more expensive, and not worth the expense if you play compressed music, but if you play apple lossless (or other low compression formats) they make your music come alive.

Alvesang
Apr 15, 2011, 04:54 PM
More people need to sport Princess Leia hair buns though. :(

Add the golden bikini and I'm with you on this. :)

a-m-k
Jun 21, 2011, 02:23 PM
One bad thing about the M&M style earbuds.... Thanks to the same niece who enhaled the original earbud. (But didn't swallow it, just the fact it was in her mouth full of saliva...) I had to replace the ear tip on them. Easier said than done. I wound up getting some pretty awesome "Altec" ear buds. They, too, came with replacement ear tips. The first pair with ear tips, the replacements were too big for my ears. This time, I have several tips and I am thinking IF the same thing happens again and my niece goes psycho on me and starts to climb on me for some unkown reason. I'll just replace the lost ear tip one at a time rather both of them. :)

I like theese better anway because the bass really is boosted better! :)

Defender2010
Jun 22, 2011, 01:18 AM

Thanks!
Perhaps it's advisable to pick an accurate title for your thread! What have you discovered about the earbuds? Nothing....you merely give your opinion/complaint about the length of the cable, and tell us how small your ear holes are. Please think before posting.....you discovered nothing,,,perhaps a better title would be, " my opinion on apple earbuds".

Scepticalscribe
Jun 23, 2011, 05:38 PM
My son is an audiophile and can't say enough about his Thinksound Rain headphones, which are carved of wood.

http://www.thinksound.com/index.php

We had an issue with his first pair right after they came out, and the service we got from Thinksound was nothing short of spectacular. Instant, generous and beyond the call. They're in New Hampshire, so you're not dealing with some evanescent storefront in Bangalore, but with folks who might be your neighbors. (The kind of neighbors who're really helpful and there-when-you-need them!)

Recommended, both from an audio standpoint and from a customer-satisfaction standpoint. Plus, their headsets are freakin' gorgeous.

I looked them up online and must say they sound seriously tempting. Thanks for mentioning this as I had never heard of this company prior to reading your post and I like the look of what they produce and their wider eco-philosophy. I have also read online reviews of their products.

However, - the question where form and function sometimes fuse - as an audio device - are they really as good as you say?

Cheers

Irishman
Jun 23, 2011, 07:06 PM

Thanks!

I'm not normally a Bose fan, but I do love their IE-2 buds. They fit my ear, and don't come out when doing stuff in the yard like the apple buds do.

They also make a version of them with the inline controls for iPhones.

They sound great. The IE-2s are usually around $90, and the MIE-2s about $116.

a-m-k
Jun 24, 2011, 09:55 PM
if you think your ipod is not good for you,just change a new one.

The ipod was fine. its was the earbuds, the earbuds were too big, the original earbuds, that is....

MassacrMan
Jun 28, 2011, 03:51 PM
I bought these (http://www.amazon.com/Aud%C3%A9o-Perfect-Earphones-Microphone-022/dp/B003VO0ZF2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1309294206&sr=8-2) about 6 months ago and they sound fantastic and bass is very good. They are over the ear but a bit on the expensive side.

a-m-k
Jul 1, 2011, 12:52 PM
I bought these (http://www.amazon.com/Aud%C3%A9o-Perfect-Earphones-Microphone-022/dp/B003VO0ZF2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1309294206&sr=8-2) about 6 months ago and they sound fantastic and bass is very good. They are over the ear but a bit on the expensive side.
I think the ear pieces would be too big for my ears. I hope I can hang on to my original (with the current pair I have now) ear pieces for a long time. I have a large supply that came with them, too.

Peterson8765
Jul 3, 2011, 10:26 AM
Might I recommend the "V-Moda Bass Freq" earbuds? They are under $20, have a ton of bass, sound decent, and are better than Skullcandy earbuds for sure. They aren't the greatest on durability, so as long as you take decent care for them they should be pretty good buds.

a-m-k
Aug 2, 2011, 04:45 PM
Might I recommend the "V-Moda Bass Freq" earbuds? They are under $20, have a ton of bass, sound decent, and are better than Skullcandy earbuds for sure. They aren't the greatest on durability, so as long as you take decent care for them they should be pretty good buds.

Thanks for this and everyone else, but the "Bliss" ones I bought to replace the "M&M" ones... had to, I couldn't buy ear tips to replace the lost tip. I know, it was wierd. I still have the original tips of the NEW earbuds on them, in fact, listening to them right now. I learned a few lessons. Only use the earbuds when my niece ISN'T attached to my hip and pulling the cords out of my ear. I have an ample supply of ear tips and will replace each tip seperatly as needed. :)