PDA

View Full Version : How to insure 15" PB (in UK)

mouchoir
Jan 26, 2005, 06:23 AM
Do any of you in the UK that own a laptop have it insured, and how did you go about it?

I'm a little worried about it getting stolen or broken!

Peterkro
Jan 26, 2005, 07:01 AM
You should check with your household insurer.3000 cover worldwide for a laptop and periphials works out about 150 a year.If you name it on household cover you may get a better deal.
P.S. if its a newish Pb you may find an insurance policy is a better deal than Applecare some of them cover allsorts including breakdown.Just Google it there are lots out there.

mouchoir
Jan 26, 2005, 07:11 AM
You should check with your household insurer.3000 cover worldwide for a laptop and periphials works out about 150 a year.If you name it on household cover you may get a better deal.

We appear to be from the same neck of the woods!

A colleague tried to get hers covered on household insurance and they wouldn't touch it with a bargepole. I may have to look into you're suggestion.

Thanks for the tip,
m

Applespider
Jan 26, 2005, 07:44 AM
My household insurers covered mine (East Dulwich) as a 'named item' on the policy, covering breakdown, accidental damage and 'out of the house' for 30 a year extra on the insurance.

It's always worth speaking to them - your record of claims probably helps here. Mine's insured through the Woolwich - I claimed earlier this year when my handbag was stolen and I had 'new for old' iPod, mobile, watch plus cash within a week.

virividox
Jan 26, 2005, 07:52 AM
get the laptop coverage covers it even when out side the home

arf
Jan 26, 2005, 08:17 AM
Check out these (http://www.cusc.co.uk) people.

Worldwide coverage and not too expensive.

mouchoir
Jan 26, 2005, 08:49 AM
Thank you all for your helpful responses I am going to check out the links and get on the phone!

Will hopefully be able to sort it out soon,

Cheers,
M

BakedBeans
Jan 26, 2005, 08:57 AM
Thank you all for your helpful responses I am going to check out the links and get on the phone!

Will hopefully be able to sort it out soon,

Cheers,
M

dont forget to tell us who ou went with ect ect :)

us brit got to help each other out you know ;)

Mark James
Jan 26, 2005, 09:49 AM
My household insurers covered mine (East Dulwich) as a 'named item' on the policy, covering breakdown, accidental damage and 'out of the house' for 30 a year extra on the insurance.

That's pretty cheap...

...considering you're in Peckham.

Applespider
Jan 26, 2005, 09:56 AM
...considering you're in Peckham.

:p

It's worse than that - I'm closer to the Forest Hill end than the Peckham side!

liketom
Jan 26, 2005, 10:05 AM
i had to add my old powerbook to my household insurance for an extra 15 per month , but that coverd me anywhere in the world and upto 5000 of software as well.

mouchoir
Jan 26, 2005, 10:26 AM
:p

It's worse than that - I'm closer to the Forest Hill end than the Peckham side!

Apparantly I live in Clapham North but it feels pretty much like Brixton to anyone that visits.

Before that I lived in Primrose Hill (or was it Swiss Cottage...)

I will post when problem is sorted