PDA

View Full Version : HD iTunes Movies purchased from non Windows 7 PC

mrplow4x4
Jan 4, 2011, 11:27 PM
Is this possible? Sorry if this thread belongs somewhere else it's my first post. I searched to see if I could find any info on this but didn't come up with anything. Been coming here for a few years to get great tips hoping someone can help me out on this one.

I have a Vista Laptop that I use to access an iTunes Library on an HP Media Smart home server and I can't purchase any HD videos in iTunes because it always says I need Windows 7 and HDCP compatible hardware.

Now I'm not planning on playing the HD version of the movie on anything other than my AppleTV 2, streaming from the Home Server.

I would assume that this would work (it works with the HD TV shows I have in iTunes). It seems strange to me that I can't buy HD movies even though I would use an Apple product that supports HD to play it.

Is there some way around this? Maybe make iTunes think Windows 7 is running? I'm pretty frustrated that I want to buy HD movies but can't because of the use cases they didn't think of using their products.

Thanks

mrplow4x4
Jan 23, 2011, 09:26 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

So the way around this for me is to buy and download the HD movie on my iPhone then sync my iPhone to my computer and I can stream purchased HD movies to the AppleTV 2. Not the ideal workflow but it works.