PDA

View Full Version : What are these?

SoGood
Jan 29, 2005, 03:20 PM
These surfaced on a Chinese Mac forum. Anyone know what they are? Prototype of something?

RBMaraman
Jan 29, 2005, 03:36 PM
These surfaced on a Chinese Mac forum. Anyone know what they are? Prototype of something?

Looks like a power convertor. The plug on the right is for power to the wall, and the plug on the left looks like the power plug on the Mac Mini.

risc
Jan 29, 2005, 03:48 PM

The one on the bottom is the rectangular power brick from an Apple AL Cinema Display.

SoGood
Jan 29, 2005, 05:23 PM
The one on the bottom is the rectangular power brick from an Apple AL Cinema Display.
Such a tiny output socket for a Cinema Display? Sure about that? Anyone else able to confirm that?

Hoef
Jan 29, 2005, 05:28 PM
Yep it is the power supply of a display

risc
Jan 29, 2005, 06:00 PM
Such a tiny output socket for a Cinema Display? Sure about that? Anyone else able to confirm that?

Yeah I can confirm it by looking at my ACD.

jsalzer
Jan 29, 2005, 06:10 PM
While I do respect the opinions above, I'm going to have to go for hand dryer blowers that go in public restrooms, though the apple would be upside down. :)

Bonsaichop
Jan 29, 2005, 06:33 PM

Typically a lcd display panel uses only around 12-16v at most and the most power is for the backlight. Although the screens look huge and power hungry they're quite power efficient. Of course, all efficiency is lost with the transformer though..

jimsowden
Jan 29, 2005, 07:12 PM
To be specific, the bottom is the 150v adapter for the 30" cinema and the top is either for the 20" or the mini. They are pretty much the same.

LeeTom
Jan 29, 2005, 07:35 PM
yeah, i can confirm those are the power adapters for the Cinema Displays. Looks just like mine. And yes, the plug from the monitor to the brick is that small.
sorry to squash your hopes...

Lee Tom

SoGood
Jan 29, 2005, 09:49 PM
Thank you all for the ID!

Lacero
Jan 29, 2005, 10:31 PM
And to think we got our hopes up on an Apple iBox from Taiwan factories.

SoGood
Jan 30, 2005, 03:42 PM
And to think we got our hopes up on an Apple iBox from Taiwan factories.
Forget it. More and more are being produced on the mainland.