PDA

View Full Version : Handbrake and B&W TV Shows

From A Buick 8
Jan 20, 2011, 06:10 AM
I have had great luck using HB on my movies and most of my TV shows. I am not starting to encode some of my older black and white shows (The Andy Griffith Show) and i am not sure i am using the best settings.

I have been using the High Profile setting, and i tried the AppleTV preset. Both result in a file that just does not look as good as i would like.

From A Buick 8
Jan 20, 2011, 02:03 PM
No old TV show fans

Aidoneus
Jan 20, 2011, 02:09 PM
Are you using the same settings as you do for your other rips? If so, this would suggest that the problem lies with your source files, not with Handbrake.

From A Buick 8
Jan 20, 2011, 02:53 PM
Yes same settings as the encodes of newer " color" programs. the source dvd's look good. Have not been able to play the ripped file (video TS folder) on the ATV

mchalebk
Jan 20, 2011, 03:25 PM
Are you selecting Default for the Decomb Filter? That can make a big difference with old TV shows.

From A Buick 8
Jan 20, 2011, 03:40 PM
Are you selecting Default for the Decomb Filter? That can make a big difference with old TV shows.

I have Ben using the high profile preset, and I think it has the decomb filter, but I will check

mchalebk
Jan 20, 2011, 03:54 PM
I have Ben using the high profile preset, and I think it has the decomb filter, but I will check

Unless something has changed, I don't think the presets will save the Decomb Filter setting.

From A Buick 8
Jan 20, 2011, 08:12 PM
Unless something has changed, I don't think the presets will save the Decomb Filter setting.

Using the High Profile preset, the video filters show as being Detelecine (default - Decomb (Default)