PDA

View Full Version : Will my G4 powerbook be replaced?

maverickuk
Feb 2, 2005, 07:02 PM
I am about to send my G4 powerbook back for the 3rd time for the same problem.

Basically the lid wont close, I am sick and tired of this bloody lid! I have taken great care to open it at the center yet its still managed to break again.

The first time I sent it off, it come back unrepaired, then I sent it back and it come back fixed, so this will be the 3rd time I have had to send it back.

I was told that on the 3rd occasion products are replaced.

What do you think? or will they just mend the lid again? *sigh

Sutekidane
Feb 2, 2005, 09:24 PM
actually, I think after the 3rd repair, if something goes wrong, then the lemon law may take affect. Just yell at customer relations about it. Good luck

Abstract
Feb 2, 2005, 09:57 PM
I think the lemon law may take effect, but you need to phone them and mention this. If they agree, then you tell him/her to send you a new one in exchange for the lemon. If its the law, it's the law. Don't let them try and fix it for you again.

Counterfit
Feb 3, 2005, 12:32 AM
DO NOT YELL AT CUSTOMER RELATIONS! They have to put up with it from every other *******, and I'm sure you don't want to be the straw that breaks the camel's back (woo, cliché :D), only to have it fall on top of you.

As for replacing it, I think they should. I also recall hearing somewhere that it's their normal policy (3rd time for the same problem = replacement), but I'm not sure on that.