PDA

View Full Version : Really sorry, have to show this off

edesignuk
Feb 5, 2005, 11:33 AM
This is just too cool, iMac G5 using the dual screen hack hooked up to my 43" Plasma (running at 1280x768) getting ready to watch a DivX movie of "Jump Britain" (really good program btw, if you see it on again, WATCH IT! I missed some of it so I've got this TV rip ;)).

Anyway, on to the shameless gloating (sorry, again)...

http://img227.exs.cx/img227/9624/imacplasma5hj.th.jpg (http://img227.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img227&image=imacplasma5hj.jpg)

:D :D :D :D :D

JDar
Feb 5, 2005, 11:43 AM
That's really nice!

It's beautiful girls with long hair that make you do this, isn't it?

edesignuk
Feb 5, 2005, 11:47 AM
It's beautiful girls with long hair that make you do this, isn't it?haha, yeah, LOL :D

mpw
Feb 5, 2005, 11:52 AM
Not familiar with the dual screen hack but how come your dock is on the plasma but not the iMac?

edesignuk
Feb 5, 2005, 11:55 AM
Not familiar with the dual screen hack but how come your dock is on the plasma but not the iMac?
I changed the main display in display prefs to be the external screen, this way when I do full screen in MPlayer to watch my video it goes full on the plasma, and not the iMac monitor.

oh yeah, and dual hack (http://macparts.de/ibook/) ;)

atari1356
Feb 5, 2005, 12:30 PM
Very cool. Just one question though... don't plasma screens have burn-in issues, where you're not supposed to have static images (like from computers or game consoles)?

edesignuk
Feb 5, 2005, 12:32 PM
Very cool. Just one question though... don't plasma screens have burn-in issues, where you're not supposed to have static images (like from computers or game consoles)?
If I left it on there with my desktop all day then yeah, I probably would have problems. But I only hook it up when I'm going to be watching something ;) :)

Espnetboy3
Feb 5, 2005, 12:55 PM
I gotta say that setup is sweet and Im very jealous. When I get my own pad I def want to have a nice setup like yours.

wdlove
Feb 5, 2005, 01:05 PM
Nice job, edesignuk. You shouldn't have to say that you are sorry. It's exactly what I was expecting to see on your iMac desktop. :D

g30ffr3y
Feb 5, 2005, 01:23 PM
wanker.

edesignuk
Feb 5, 2005, 01:28 PM
wanker.
http://upload.edesignuk.net/uploaded_data/smilies/smilie_duhh.gif

If you're joking that post needs a smilie, if not...:mad:

maya
Feb 5, 2005, 01:29 PM
wanker.

LOL at comment. :)

Why is there ANY reason to be envy anyone for what they have, I am sure they worked hard for what they have obtained in life. If you want the same I see no reason as to why you cannot achieve the same if not better in time. :)

What is so new about the iMac G5 doing a spanning hack on a plasma, I have seen this before? :)

This thread is pointless gloating. :rolleyes:

Darwin
Feb 5, 2005, 01:31 PM
Looks cool

Unfortunately I don't happen to have a 43" Plasma Screen to try it out :p

edesignuk
What is so new about the iMac G5 doing a spanning hack on a plasma, I have seen this before? :)I know :o
This thread is pointless gloating. :rolleyes:Again, I know, that's why I said sorry in advance ;)

g30ffr3y
maybe ill post my powerbook playing a movie
on my DLP projector...

edesignuk
Feb 5, 2005, 01:33 PM
maybe ill post my powerbook playing a movie
on my DLP projector...
Well this is the Picture Gallery, and I would like to see that. So go ahead.

g30ffr3y
Feb 5, 2005, 01:36 PM
it wasnt really a jab at you edesign... just that guy who
went on about working for your belongings... ive got
belongings too... just different ones...

im sure my projector's picture looks like straight ass crack
compared to your plasma... but i wanted size over
quality this time...

no biggie... and that wanker comment was just a tiny jab...

no offense... no worry...

virividox
Feb 5, 2005, 01:40 PM
hahah you are good at making people envious heheh :D

maya
Feb 5, 2005, 01:44 PM
hahah you are good at making people envious heheh :D

State of thinking really. ;) :)

If he really wanted to blow peoples minds off he would have it connected to a projector and have a wall size screen. ;) :)

g30ffr3y
Feb 5, 2005, 01:49 PM
State of thinking really. ;) :)

If he really wanted to blow peoples minds off he would have it connected to a projector and have a wall size screen. ;) :)

that would be my setup.

cygni
Feb 5, 2005, 02:16 PM
very nice!
this is probably a stupid question, but is that a plasma monitor or plasma t.v.? if it's a monitor, do you have it set up for use it as a television? :confused:

edesignuk
Feb 5, 2005, 02:22 PM
if it's a monitor, do you have it set up for use it as a television? :confused:
It's a TV, but the tuner box has a VGA input too ;)

cygni
Feb 5, 2005, 02:28 PM
It's a TV, but the tuner box has a VGA input too ;)
excellent, thank you. now if I only had an extra 1,500 sitting around to buy one. :)

Mechcozmo
Feb 5, 2005, 03:19 PM
Lucky bastard.

clayj
Feb 5, 2005, 03:55 PM
As long as there's bragging going on... I don't have any of my computers connected to it (I could, I suppose), but here's my plasma:

http://www.clayj.com/html/ArtInItsNaturalHabitat(2).jpg

Runco 50" set... all other gear in media closet in my office... the controller for the TV has a VGA input, but I don't use it... it'd be hard to drive the computers from the living room. :)

Vader
Feb 5, 2005, 04:34 PM
Nice TV, and I love all the art too!

wdlove
Feb 5, 2005, 04:58 PM
As long as there's bragging going on... I don't have any of my computers connected to it (I could, I suppose), but here's my plasma:

Runco 50" set... all other gear in media closet in my office... the controller for the TV has a VGA input, but I don't use it... it'd be hard to drive the computers from the living room. :)

That is an awesome media setup. Thank you for sharing the picture. It appears that you are an art collector also. ;)

edesignuk
Feb 5, 2005, 05:00 PM
clayjohanson, that does look fantastic, a bit to arty for my personal taste, but awesome none the less! :cool:

clayj
Feb 5, 2005, 05:39 PM
That is an awesome media setup. Thank you for sharing the picture. It appears that you are an art collector also. ;)Thanks. And yes, I am an art collector (http://www.clayj.com/flash/Main.swf). :cool:

vouder17
Feb 5, 2005, 06:28 PM
Thanks. And yes, I am an art collector (http://www.clayj.com/flash/Main.swf). :cool:

You should go to swaziland they have a glass blowing factory and they really make some interesting stuff.... They have become so popular that they ship stuff worldwide.

Go check out this SITE (http://www.ngwenyaglass.co.sz/) , if you interested.
You might also wanna do some web design for them... :D

PS: I really like your house BTW

DjVoTeZ

stromie952
Feb 5, 2005, 06:35 PM
Just to add something......

I have my old 17" iMac (already old!) hooked up to a regular TV and I use it all the time for TV shows and stuff like that. Instead of using MPlayer and having to make the TV the main display, just use VLC. It lets you choose what display you can make full screen unbder the video menu (I think). It makes it a lot easier for sure.

Enjoy the huge screen!

-Stromie

realityisterror
Feb 5, 2005, 06:41 PM
"Jump Britain"? I saw a special called "Jump London" on the discovery channel. i think it first aired a few weeks ago.. i'm sure it was the same thing, but, yes, you should watch it.. It's a bit repetitive but very interesting nonetheless.

reality

solvs
Feb 5, 2005, 07:20 PM
I think you have every right to brag, that's a nice setup.

I'm still stuck on CRTs and tube TVs. Maybe someday I'll update the flat panel/plasma, digital age. I'm sure by then, everything will be DLP or OLE. :p

Cure girl BTW, she looks familiar. ;)

thecow
Feb 5, 2005, 09:22 PM
As everyone else has already said, thats an awesome setup you have there. Is that a Logitech Mx LASER mouse that you have by the iMac? I just got one for christmas and I've only had to charge it twice and I use it a lot.

To clayjohanson:
I t took me a while before I found the TV in your picture. It thinks it's a picture. :p

shuurajou
Feb 5, 2005, 09:32 PM

Can tell that's the house of a mac owner ;) - one word - style.

tech4all
Feb 6, 2005, 12:40 AM

That is a really nice style you got there clayjohanson :)

Can tell that's the house of a mac owner - one word - style.

I'll agree with that ;)

Platform
Feb 6, 2005, 12:55 AM
This is just too cool, iMac G5 using the dual screen hack hooked up to my 43" Plasma (running at 1280x768) getting ready to watch a DivX movie of "Jump Britain" (really good program btw, if you see it on again, WATCH IT! I missed some of it so I've got this TV rip ;)).

http://img227.exs.cx/img227/9624/imacplasma5hj.th.jpg (http://img227.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img227&image=imacplasma5hj.jpg)

:D :D :D :D :D

Don't be sorry that was really coool :D

Platform
Feb 6, 2005, 01:04 AM

WOW what a nice house you have got :D

edesignuk
Feb 6, 2005, 06:06 AM
"Jump Britain"? I saw a special called "Jump London" on the discovery channel. i think it first aired a few weeks ago.. i'm sure it was the same thing, but, yes, you should watch it.. It's a bit repetitive but very interesting nonetheless.

realityJump Britain was something they did after the sucess of Jump London (I haven't actually seen Jump London). So if you ever see it on check it out, it was really good!
As everyone else has already said, thats an awesome setup you have there. Is that a Logitech Mx LASER mouse that you have by the iMac? I just got one for christmas and I've only had to charge it twice and I use it a lot.
Yeah that's an MX1000, and yes, the battery life is amazing :cool:

clayj
Feb 6, 2005, 10:25 PM
Can tell that's the house of a mac owner ;) - one word - style.Hate to do this to you, but I am a PC owner first, and a Mac owner second. 4 Sony VAIOs and one recently-acquired Mac mini. :)

Oh, and thanks to everyone for your very nice compliments. :cool:

tech4all
Feb 6, 2005, 10:51 PM
Hate to do this to you, but I am a PC owner first, and a Mac owner second. 4 Sony VAIOs and one recently-acquired Mac mini. :)

Now that is a shock :eek: ;) Nonetheless, nice style still.

andypress
Feb 10, 2005, 08:50 PM
lamp from, ikea?

freebird
Feb 10, 2005, 09:56 PM
You (both) live a good life... what do you do for a living?

absolut_mac
Feb 10, 2005, 11:23 PM

Gloat all you want, just tell us how we can afford toys like that too :D

Nice set up, enjoy it. But please don't go *nuts* like that rugby fan ;)

absolut_mac
Feb 10, 2005, 11:33 PM

Great set up. Even my wife was impressed :)

By the way, what speakers are those hooked up to your plasma TV?

clayj
Feb 10, 2005, 11:43 PM
Great set up. Even my wife was impressed :)

By the way, what speakers are those hooked up to your plasma TV?Thanks. Those are M&K (Miller and Kreisel) 750 THX (http://www.mksound.com/thx_sys.php) speakers... 6.1 setup, all 6 surround speakers matched with a subwoofer. A/V receiver is a B&K AVR-307 (http://www.bkcomp.com/products.asp) (now discontinued, but I assume the AVR-507 is similar). All the gear is, as I said, in a closet in my office, with all the wiring run behind the walls and above the ceiling. When I had this all set up four years ago, I told 'em to make sure the system would kick butt for at least 10 years. So far, it's doing just fine. :cool:

Phat_Pat
Feb 11, 2005, 12:18 AM
Thats freaking awesome E.

You got all that computer stuff plus that big tv in that room! :eek:

i'm jealous.... but i'm happy with my machine ;)

...apple just needs to fix the damn thing so i can get back on it...... its been gone longer than i've had it almost.... :(

edesignuk
Feb 11, 2005, 12:50 AM
Gloat all you want, just tell us how we can afford toys like that too :D
There's no secret. Work hard and save :)

clayj
Feb 11, 2005, 12:52 AM
There's no secret. Work hard and save :)Ditto that. It also helps NOT to be married, since you're not accountable to anyone else for what you purchase. :rolleyes:

Dalriada
Feb 11, 2005, 03:24 AM
Ditto that. It also helps NOT to be married, since you're not accountable to anyone else for what you purchase. :rolleyes:

Could start a NEW thread with that quote.-.-.- :p

garybUK
Feb 11, 2005, 05:41 AM
I have my G5 DP Connected to my Sony VPL-HS2 project (upgrading v.soon) via very long HD15 cable, the projectors secured to the ceiling and the screen is a Draper Luma 100" 16x9 motorised screen that's remote controlled.

I have the optical output from my G5 running to my Rotel RSP-1066 Processor that feeds a Rotel RMB1075 5x 120watt Power Amp feeding a pair of B&W DM601 S3 Rear speakers, x2 B&W LCR600 Centre Speakers for Front and x1 B&W LCR60 Centre Speaker behind then a Rotel x2 300watt Power amp feeding a pair of B&W DM602 S3 Speakers for Front and a pair of B&W ASW650 sub's

Connected to the rotel gear is a NAD HDCD Player and a Denon 2900 DVD Player that does SACD as well. The Denon is much much better quality that the apple dvd player but the apple is v.good at ripped movies.

The setup is awesome ... spinning Pink Floyd Pulse live or Pink Floyd Darkside of the moon Special Edition the system really screams!

I dont have it too bassy but the system can really crank, I played Starwars Ep 2 and they could hear it down the road... It's lucky we dont have any neighbours close by!

edesignuk
Feb 11, 2005, 05:44 AM
garybUK, that sounds awesome! http://upload.edesignuk.net/uploaded_data/smilies/smilie_pics.gif

Platform
Feb 11, 2005, 07:36 AM
I have my G5 DP Connected to my Sony VPL-HS2 project (upgrading v.soon) via very long HD15 cable, the projectors secured to the ceiling and the screen is a Draper Luma 100" 16x9 motorised screen that's remote controlled.

I have the optical output from my G5 running to my Rotel RSP-1066 Processor that feeds a Rotel RMB1075 5x 120watt Power Amp feeding a pair of B&W DM601 S3 Rear speakers, x2 B&W LCR600 Centre Speakers for Front and x1 B&W LCR60 Centre Speaker behind then a Rotel x2 300watt Power amp feeding a pair of B&W DM602 S3 Speakers for Front and a pair of B&W ASW650 sub's

Connected to the rotel gear is a NAD HDCD Player and a Denon 2900 DVD Player that does SACD as well. The Denon is much much better quality that the apple dvd player but the apple is v.good at ripped movies.

The setup is awesome ... spinning Pink Floyd Pulse live or Pink Floyd Darkside of the moon Special Edition the system really screams!

I dont have it too bassy but the system can really crank, I played Starwars Ep 2 and they could hear it down the road... It's lucky we dont have any neighbours close by!

WOW can yoo please post some pictures for us :o
This sound like you have an ultimate setup for decades to come :eek:

absolut_mac
Feb 11, 2005, 09:46 AM
WOW can yoo please post some pictures for us :o
This sound like you have an ultimate setup for decades to come :eek:

Yeah, post some sounds too!

On the other hand, maybe not. I felt a rumble here on the left coast the other morning, it was probably you cranking up Pink Floyd ;)

makisushi
Feb 11, 2005, 10:36 AM
A RUNCO?!? Will you marry me?

j/k nice setup, clay, i am super jealous

clayj
Feb 11, 2005, 11:48 AM
A RUNCO?!? Will you marry me?

j/k nice setup, clay, i am super jealousFunny story about my Runco... back in late 2000, when I was setting this all up, the guy from Audio/Video Systems (now part of Tweeter) suggested the Runco over the Pioneer that was available... so I went for it, and was just about the first person in Charlotte to have a plasma TV (and the first Runco for sure). About a month later, one of the pixels in the set blew out... having a 5-year ext. warranty on the set, I was a little ticked and called in. They asked me for the S/N from the set, the location of the dead pixel, etc., and called Runco. Runco said, "Why does a customer have that set? That set was for in-store display. (It really was... they never unboxed it, just brought it straight to my condo.) We're sending a NEW SET for the customer... go get the other one back and put it in the store like we told you to."

Four years later, and the new set still works PERFECTLY. I highly recommend Runco.

P.S.: Aren't you already married? And aren't you a guy? :)

garybUK
Feb 11, 2005, 02:09 PM
Okay i got some old pics... my old Fuji 6800Zoom had poped its cloggs.... i will get some more pics on tuesday when i get a new cam ... (pay day :P )

But u get the general idea.... i've added a new DVD + Two Centre Speakers + 2 Channel Poweramp since these pics and the rooms been re-decorated.

http://homepage.mac.com/gary.bowers/PhotoAlbum10.html

Phat_Pat
Feb 11, 2005, 06:14 PM
wow... thats lot of stuff :eek:

niiiiice :cool:

mojohanna
Feb 11, 2005, 07:49 PM
All of this harware is pretty slick and I am jealous, however, the pic of the girl on edesignuk's screen is amazing! She is H O T hot!!!

Sorry, wife has been away for two weeks. I think anything would look nice at this point in time....

clayj
Feb 11, 2005, 10:33 PM
Sorry, wife has been away for two weeks. I think anything would look nice at this point in time....I so totally do NOT want to hear anyone complaining about a mere couple of weeks... :)

Platform
Feb 12, 2005, 12:47 AM
Okay i got some old pics... my old Fuji 6800Zoom had poped its cloggs.... i will get some more pics on tuesday when i get a new cam ... (pay day :P )

But u get the general idea.... i've added a new DVD + Two Centre Speakers + 2 Channel Poweramp since these pics and the rooms been re-decorated.

http://homepage.mac.com/gary.bowers/PhotoAlbum10.html

Nice pic's

Well now we just have to wait for more pic's :D

makisushi
Feb 12, 2005, 11:29 PM
P.S.: Aren't you already married? And aren't you a guy? :)
hehe... :p

corywoolf
Feb 16, 2005, 03:18 PM
haha, yeah, LOL :D

is your avatar a pic. of you???? :confused:

edesignuk
Feb 16, 2005, 03:19 PM
is your avatar a pic. of you???? :confused:
Yes, quite a piece of work aren't I honey?

Lord Blackadder
Feb 16, 2005, 04:24 PM
Yes, quite a piece of work aren't I honey?

*snicker*

I shouldn't laugh, since I nearly thought the same thing for about 1 millionth of a second when I first joined here.

If I remember correctly, JFreak has a pretty nice setup - saw a picture in the "post a pic of your setup" thread from a while back. Too lazy to look for it now.

I helped a friend of mine install a projector in his house - it was a pain in the a** but it sure looked sweet when we got it working.