Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asdf542

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2010
Intel Core 2 Duo
1 GB of RAM (2 GB recommended)
*insert single digit number here* GB of disk space available

I'd be very surprised if Apple continues to support 5 year old Core Duo machines.

JKK photography

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2009
Intel Core 2 Duo

I'd be very surprised if Apple continues to support 5 year old Core Duo machines.

It's an Intel based Mac, so im willing to bet it will be supported.

alust2013

macrumors 601
Feb 6, 2010
On the fence
Intel Core 2 Duo

I don't see why not. It's the same architecture, plus to put it into perspective, you can still run windows 7 on a P4.

JKK photography

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2009
They might have one more OS refresh in them but we'll see.

There's nothing technically stopping them from being upgraded. It's the same architecture. Even if they aren't very powerful, they have a modern architecture that Apple is still currently supporting.

If Apple moves to ARM, then yeah... but so would every other Intel based Mac.

aiqw9182

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2010
There's nothing technically stopping them from being upgraded. It's the same architecture. Even if they aren't very powerful, they have a modern architecture that Apple is still currently supporting.

If Apple moves to ARM, then yeah... but so would every other Intel based Mac.

There will come a time where these machines will not meet at the very least the RAM requirements. IIRC all Core Duo/Solo machines have a 2 GB limit. Let's also keep in mind the speed of this DDR2 RAM is 667 MHz.

Or when/if Apple wants to do away with the 32-bit EFI only machines.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.