PDA

View Full Version : mini in buyers guide

redeye be
Feb 10, 2005, 12:23 PM
Isn't it about time to add the mini to the buyer's guide, or do you guys think it won't even get revved ;)

cheers

PlaceofDis
Feb 10, 2005, 12:44 PM
the buyers guide is in need of quite a few updates it seems...

arn
Feb 10, 2005, 01:07 PM
I hope to update it this weekend.

arn

miloblithe
Feb 10, 2005, 01:39 PM
It would also make sense to split out the different iPod models, although that is a bit of a pain.

Macaddicttt
Feb 10, 2005, 08:38 PM
I hope to update it this weekend.

arn

Thanks, Arn. Glad to see you're keeping the site up so well. :)

arn
Feb 10, 2005, 10:22 PM
It would also make sense to split out the different iPod models, although that is a bit of a pain.

ya, the ipods are a bit of a challenge.

trying to figure out the best way to track.

The mac mini's on the list now... but there's not much there to go by... no historical data.

arn

tech4all
Feb 10, 2005, 10:25 PM
Awesome, the product photos have updated to! :D

EDIT: Under Mac mini it say's

"('special notes' last updated on December 31, 1969)"

1969?

EDIT 2: Ok it's fixed :)

arn
Feb 10, 2005, 10:36 PM
"('special notes' last updated on December 31, 1969)"
1969?

fixed it.

arn

clayj
Feb 10, 2005, 10:48 PM
Uh, now it appears to say NOTHING about the Mac mini. HTML coding problem? Viewing in IE 6 for Windows.

Platform
Feb 10, 2005, 11:05 PM
fixed it.

arn

Good work

Now new pictures and better information about the reasoning for the Buy/Don't buy :D very good

arn
Feb 10, 2005, 11:06 PM
Uh, now it appears to say NOTHING about the Mac mini. HTML coding problem? Viewing in IE 6 for Windows.

Heh... there really is nothing to say about the Mac Mini -- at least with respect to when it will be updated.

There is no way to predict when the next mini will come out since Apple's never updated it before.

arn

clayj
Feb 10, 2005, 11:10 PM
Heh... there really is nothing to say about the Mac Mini -- at least with respect to when it will be updated.

There is no way to predict when the next mini will come out since Apple's never updated it before.

arnNo, I mean it says NOTHING... none of this type info is appearing at all:

Product: PowerBook
Last Release: January 31, 2005
Days Since Update: 11 (Average = 185)
Recommendation: Buy Now! - Product just updated
Special Notes: none.

There's just a big white void. Safari shows it OK, but IE 6 for Windows does not. All other computer info shows correctly in IE 6, so I assume that there's some sort of coding error in the Mac mini section that only affects IE.

arn
Feb 10, 2005, 11:28 PM
No, I mean it says NOTHING... none of this type info is appearing at all:
There's just a big white void. Safari shows it OK, but IE 6 for Windows does not. All other computer info shows correctly in IE 6, so I assume that there's some sort of coding error in the Mac mini section that only affects IE.

ah... guess I should test on more than one browser... :)

Thanks for the heads up. I think it's fixed now.

arn

clayj
Feb 10, 2005, 11:30 PM
ah... guess I should test on more than one browser... :)

Thanks for the heads up. I think it's fixed now.

arnYeah... you know we don't all use Macs (even if we own them). :) It is fixed!

Mechcozmo
Feb 10, 2005, 11:56 PM
Uh, Apple DID upgrade the Mac Mini about a week after they shipped... the 8x SuperDrive?

That means that we are long overdue for a Mini update. :( :mad: :p

Platform
Feb 11, 2005, 01:14 AM
Uh, Apple DID upgrade the Mac Mini about a week after they shipped... the 8x SuperDrive?

That means that we are long overdue for a Mini update. :( :mad: :p

And the price dump on RAM+ Wireless package ;)

ravenvii
Feb 11, 2005, 02:17 AM
And the price dump on RAM+ Wireless package ;)

The Superdrives were never updated to 8x, that was just an error on Apple's part, it's still 4x. So there was no updates, just minor price drops.

redeye be
Feb 11, 2005, 05:31 AM
that was fast!

quagmire
Feb 12, 2005, 10:42 PM
All pics updated except the Powerbooks and I still believe the Xserve. Pbooks are still ti and Xserves is still G4.

Platform
Feb 12, 2005, 11:49 PM
All pics updated except the Powerbooks and I still believe the Xserve. Pbooks are still ti and Xserves is still G4.

Yes you are correct with the PB and the Xserve :o
Will proberly be updated soon,(i hope :rolleyes: )

Nermal
Feb 13, 2005, 12:42 AM

No, they didn't. They updated their site, and subsequently changed it back again, but the hardware didn't change.

Mechcozmo
Feb 13, 2005, 08:30 PM
No, they didn't. They updated their site, and subsequently changed it back again, but the hardware didn't change.

I should stop only reading MacRumors..... :)