PDA

View Full Version : 13 inch MBA battery concerns?

Onimusha370
Feb 16, 2011, 04:25 PM
i've been using the ultimate 13 inch MBA for about 3 weeks now, and i'm loving it, but i'm concerned about the battery life. i'm getting roughly 5 hours on a full charge, and my screens at half brightness and i'm only using facebook and macrumours (rarely any video sites). editing in imovie takes the battery life to about 2:30 on a full charge... and logic's equally bad.

i might be worrying for nothing, but does this seem a bit low to anyone else?
thanks

GGJstudios
Feb 16, 2011, 04:30 PM
thanks
It's quite normal. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:
Apple Notebook Battery FAQ (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=9875442&postcount=23)

torbjoern
Feb 16, 2011, 04:32 PM
i've been using the ultimate 13 inch MBA for about 3 weeks now, and i'm loving it, but i'm concerned about the battery life. i'm getting roughly 5 hours on a full charge, and my screens at half brightness and i'm only using facebook and macrumours (rarely any video sites). editing in imovie takes the battery life to about 2:30 on a full charge... and logic's equally bad.

thanks

CPU-intensive tasks such as video and audio editing, will pull a lot more power from your battery. 5 hours is ok with half brightness and the wifi on.

TheAverageJoe
Feb 19, 2011, 10:39 AM
thanks

That's about what I'm getting as well. Usually have to charge for about 2 hrs to get from ~20% battery back up to ~100%. Brighter screen = more battery

radek42
Feb 19, 2011, 11:16 AM

thanks

Macrumors has flash adds which might account for shorter battery life than expected. You could do similar test with different non-flash sites.

I am considering MBA as well. I even debating to get 11'' version, but quoted 5-hour battery life is likely more 2-3 hours which is getting kinda short.

Cheers, R>

Psilocybin
Feb 19, 2011, 11:57 AM
Macrumors has flash adds which might account for shorter battery life than expected. You could do similar test with different non-flash sites.

I am considering MBA as well. I even debating to get 11'' version, but quoted 5-hour battery life is likely more 2-3 hours which is getting kinda short.

Cheers, R>

Use clicktoflash to extend battery life