PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu 10.10 + MacBookAir 1,1 = No WiFi?

neckarb
Feb 22, 2011, 10:12 AM
Hey People,

I've been trying to install Ubuntu 10.10 on my MacBookAir 1,1. I've got a disk drive that works on boot so I can install the operating system but then there is no WiFi, only an ! over the WiFi logo on the top right of the screen.

I've tried enabling proprietary drivers but there are none listed...?

Any suggestions?

Funkymonk
Feb 22, 2011, 01:32 PM
Hey People,

I've been trying to install Ubuntu 10.10 on my MacBookAir 1,1. I've got a disk drive that works on boot so I can install the operating system but then there is no WiFi, only an ! over the WiFi logo on the top right of the screen.

I've tried enabling proprietary drivers but there are none listed...?

Any suggestions?

Lol I was going to tell you to enable proprietary drivers but you already did that. Go to the ubuntu forums, they'll help uoi out.

robertneville77
Feb 22, 2011, 03:55 PM
Yeah, like the previous guy said, ubuntuforums.org is your best bet. Let us know how ubuntu runs on that, I would be interested.

firewood
Feb 22, 2011, 04:40 PM
Why not install Ubuntu inside VirtualBox (et.al.)?

.Max.
Feb 22, 2011, 04:42 PM
I removed Mac a while ago for Ubuntu, But found everything too buggy with the Hardwre so went back to Mac :p Umm.. I had trouble at first but on the Ubuntu site fllow the steps for a regular macbook, I think it's under community docs or something :D

neckarb
Feb 22, 2011, 06:23 PM
Yeah, like the previous guy said, ubuntuforums.org is your best bet. Let us know how ubuntu runs on that, I would be interested.

Why not install Ubuntu inside VirtualBox (et.al.)?

I removed Mac a while ago for Ubuntu, But found everything too buggy with the Hardwre so went back to Mac :p Umm.. I had trouble at first but on the Ubuntu site fllow the steps for a regular macbook, I think it's under community docs or something :D

All good advice, appreciated everyone, but still no luck.

Aside from Ubuntu can anyone recommend a good distro for my Mac? preferably debian based but not necessarily.