Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Mac mini?

iPod shuffle?

iWork?

iLife?

I ended up getting a 512mb shuffle and iLife 05.

Just curious as to what products others bought...

Logik

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2004
iGary said:
Mac mini?

iPod shuffle?

iWork?

iLife?

just snagged a 512mb shuffle... i plan on getting iLife but probably not until they work the bugs out.. it needs serious work in the bug department from what i've been reading on here. i was excited about iWork but after hearing how subpar that is i am going to pass until the next version in hopes of that all being worked out. wish i could've got the 1gig shuffle .. thinkin about getting one for the girlfriend for her birthday but we'll see

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
I am waiting to buy an iPod shuffle but it hasn't hit any of my local retailers yet. Is that crazy or what? I don't buy from the Apple store because I want to support my local retailers, and not the shipping company.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
I got a 512MB Shuffle. I bought a mini but - gasp! - returned it (I'd thought my employer might help with the cost, they wouldn't, so I'm waiting on a PB purchase now).

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
I ordered my shuffle right after the keynote.

I could smell Apple's servers smoking. :D

Got iLife a week later, and then a new 20GB iPod because someone finally offered to buy my 3G iPod.

jophilpo

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2004
Western North Carolina
I've been wanting to switch for some time, and this MWSF made it possible! I ordered a Mac Mini the day of the keynote, which came bundled with the new iLife. Yesterday I went to Best Buy "just to browse". They had a a display full of iPod shuffles sitting at the front of the store taunting me, so I picked up a 512. I wish i could have gone with iWork as well, but I do most of my schoolwork in a spreadsheet, so I'm stuck with the dreaded MS office for now.

maya

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2004
somewhere between here and there.
iGary said:
Mac mini?

iPod shuffle?

iWork?

iLife?

Want to buy 10x1Gig Shuffles if I actually see them in a store near me. :(

Will have to order it via Apple Online, and the week(s) for shipment does not impress me either. :mad:

Apple needs to get its act together, they seem like an Old Dog that cannot learn new tricks. :p :rolleyes:

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
Bought iLife 05' and have had no problems with it yet. FYI, the Best Buy near me has about 20 or so iPod Shuffles, too bad I am not in need of one otherwise I would pick one up.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
Mac mini here (dad got one).

maya said:
Want to buy 10x1Gig Shuffles if I actually see them in a store near me. :(

Why would you want to buy 10 1GB iPod Shuffles? That's like $1,500! :eek: Or did I misread your post? :confused:

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
I bought the Mac mini (and by extension, iLife '05) and iWork '05. I'm eyeing the iPod shuffle. I'm contemplating buying one during the summer.

Hey maya, can I be your bestest friend? :p

corywoolf

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2004
maya said:
All of them are GIFTS. :) Wouldn't you love to have me as a friend. :)

you must be loaded or just (Negative word) ;)

Seriously, i hope you are joking. may i ask what you do for a living and why you feel you need to spoil 10 lucky people?

maya

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2004
somewhere between here and there.
corywoolf said:
you must be loaded or just (Negative word) ;)

Seriously, i hope you are joking. may i ask what you do for a living and why you feel you need to spoil 10 lucky people?

LOL, nope not joking at all. I work in the tech sector*, I don't have a PMG5 or a PBG4 17" for reasons being that I need to stay mobile. And when mobile the last thing you need is expensive equipment that is eyed by passengers, etc....along with rush about from city to city for meetings etc...any PowerBook would be too much too loose thus the reason for the iBook, plus it gives me great battery life and WiFi signal that I depend on. I have no need for a DVD burner or any other incremental improvements that the Power line has. I do some creative stuff however that is when I have the time. :)

I would not call it spoiling, I call it helping those who have helped me or help those who will benefit from opportunities that I never had when I was at that age. :)

If I had more disposable cash I would have made it iPod mini's however I hear the battery life and the over a year with no update is not a great reason to buy yet, maybe next year. :)

*system management.

Ph4lynx

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2004
University Place
iWork baby,
Having an alternative to powerpoint that always looks better is mostly a major plus with teachers. Sad to say i still use Word for all of my documents, but i am glad office for mac > office for windows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.