Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 10, 2004
Forgive me if this old news, or standard practice, but I was looking through the Apple Refurb store and it very clearly, in bold states that iLife '05 is included with the refurb iMacs, at least. http://store.apple.com/1-800-780-50...UBrLHc/2.0.0.11.1.0.6.7.3.5.1.1.0.1.5.1.0.5.0

My understanding was that refurb machines came with whatever software originally shipped with the computer, so in this case iLife '04... Was I wrong? This is great news though, I just bought one of these, it should be here eventually, and one of my main concerns with getting a refurb was having to shell out $60 for an edu copy of '05 if I decided that I wanted the upgrade, which would eat up most of the savings on a refurb.

Anyways, I thought that was pretty spify, and wanted to share... sorry again if this is old news...

Rob

tubedogg

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2003
Minnesota
The link is no longer valid because your session ended, but I did see in the URL that it was from the education store which may have different included software than the main store. (Also keep in mind that refurbs are *not* eligible for the Up-To-Date program, so if you don't get '05 with the machine you will have to pay full price.)

eleveneastgate

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2005
12" PB refurb, iLife included

Yeah... I purchased a 12" PB 1.33 refurb recently, and was stoked to find out iLife '05 was included, Thanks Apple! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.