PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Logitech MX1000 mouse...

ravenvii
Feb 16, 2005, 12:42 PM
I'm looking to buy the MX1000, but I like to use my extra buttons as expose buttons, and don't like to install third party drivers for my mice. I'm wondering, does the MX1000 work in OS X without drivers?

robbieduncan
Feb 16, 2005, 12:46 PM
You need some sort of drivers for anything beyond 2 buttons and the scroll wheel. I've got the Logitech drivers on my PowerBook and there are I've not encountered any problems with them.

ravenvii
Feb 16, 2005, 12:51 PM
You need some sort of drivers for anything beyond 2 buttons and the scroll wheel. I've got the Logitech drivers on my PowerBook and there are I've not encountered any problems with them.

My current Microsoft Intellimouse Optical mouse's three extra buttons work fine without drivers. I use them for expose. I know a wired mouse (such as the MX500/510) and Bluetooth mice (such as the MX900) work fine without drivers. But I want to know if the RF wireless mice (MX700/MX1000) work fine without drivers? The USB receiver/charger doesn't need drivers? Just automatically be seen as a normal ole' USB mouse to the OS?

edesignuk
Feb 16, 2005, 01:15 PM
What have you got against installing the proper drivers? :confused:

ravenvii
Feb 16, 2005, 01:57 PM
Because I don't need them. The two buttons and the wheel work just fine, and the other buttons are used for expose. Why waste my time with a driver?

Come on, stop wasting my time. just answer the question. Does it or does it not need drivers?

YS2003
Feb 21, 2005, 07:17 AM
I have MX1000 Laser Mouse for my Al PB. It works without installing drivers from the CD it came with. But, you cannot use the additional features such as "back," "forwarder," and other buttons. I can only use clicking and scroll buttons/wheels.

YS2003
Feb 21, 2005, 11:52 AM
I just decided to give Logistic Control Center a shot and installed it on my Al PB. Now I am able to use its various features. The CD came with the uninstall option (which is good, in case I need to unintall in the future).

I just bought Microsoft Wireless IntelliMouse Explore 2.0 and installed th driver/features from the CD it came with it on my other PB (Ti PB). So far, it is working good.

Hope the both mice will performe without negatively interfering this beloved OS X 10.3.7.

ravenvii
Feb 21, 2005, 12:36 PM
FINALLY (though I wasn't holding my breath) for the answer! That's what I wanted to know. Thanks!

Logik
Feb 21, 2005, 12:41 PM
FINALLY (though I wasn't holding my breath) for the answer! That's what I wanted to know. Thanks!

wow, you come here ASKING a question.. on a board that is not going to cater to your every desire... and you basically demand that someone gives you the answer... :rolleyes: genius i tell you.. genius.. if you wanted it answered why not just call logitech and ask them? it is their product after all.. odd how no one ever thinks of this kind of thing

T.Rex
Feb 21, 2005, 07:04 PM
wow, you come here ASKING a question.. on a board that is not going to cater to your every desire... and you basically demand that someone gives you the answer... :rolleyes: genius i tell you.. genius.. if you wanted it answered why not just call logitech and ask them? it is their product after all.. odd how no one ever thinks of this kind of thing

Agreed. Raven is by far the most impolite person I've ever come across on this board. He asks a question, demands an answer then acts as though he did us the favour. Time to grow up, pal.

YS2003
Feb 21, 2005, 08:58 PM
I am happy to report MX 1000 with Logitech Control Center is working well for a newly updated Al PB running 10.3.8. I was surfing the forum and found some scary stories of Norton Anti Virus program (at that time, I stayed at 10.3.7 as I heard some negative issues with 10.3.8 update), I could not help myself pullng out the restore CD and do a erase & install on my Al PB and completed the combo update to 10.3.8 followed by the repair permission.