Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mad Mac Maniac

macrumors 601
Original poster
Well, unless I can get out of work early I wouldn't be able to get there till 4:30ish, but in a completely unorthodox move, my wife has graciously offered to wait go there first and wait in line for me! So she might be going around 3 or so. It depends on how her good naturedness holds up ;)

gibbz

macrumors 68030
May 31, 2007
Norman, OK
Yeah, I ended up deciding to order online. I have too much to do tomorrow.

Hope you get what you want :)

dayton

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2006
I'm considering it as well. I placed an online order, but it doesn't look like it will ship until mid- to late-next week. I think I might check out the lines around 2:30 or so.

tomdal

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2011
I'll be at apple store at 3, if any of you guys are lining up right now please keep us updated with line specs

tomdal

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Im here now, about 100 ppl in line, they're handing out tickets, seems like they are out of att models

dayton

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2006
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Im here now, about 100 ppl in line, they're handing out tickets, seems like they are out of att models

Has this been confirmed regarding the AT&T models? That will save me the trouble if true.

gibbz

macrumors 68030
May 31, 2007
Norman, OK
I ordered one this morning, but thought I'd see if I could snag one.

I got to Penn Square around noon, and the line was near Dillards at the time. I was a little ticked because when I got there, an Apple employee came up and asked what I wanted (AT&T 32GB or 64GB black), and they noted it. Same for everyone else getting in line. Finally , at around 2:15 they were passing tickets out and when they got to me, they were already out of the ones I wanted. Surely they knew stock before asking us what we wanted. I wasted 2 hours there.

Luckily, on a whim, I hit the Best Buy in Norman and was about 20th in line. They got in 120 iPads. I was able to get the one I wanted. Hope you guys got what you wanted.

OUChamps29

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2011
Anyone found anywhere in the OKC area with iPads in-stock? I called Penn Square this morning and got the typical "out of stock, no idea when we'll get more" answer.

I tried to get one yesterday, first at Wal-mart Penn Square where they apparently sold out before they even went on sale (they have out numbers earlier in the day). And then when I went to the Apple store they were sold out already. Bummer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.