PDA

View Full Version : Which MBA should I get?

fordprefect
Mar 5, 2011, 01:06 AM
I'm a college student with a few extra bucks. I recently upgraded to a MBP 15 with leather interior and heated seats, but it's huge and I don't want to be carrying a $2500 machine around with me.
I carry my apple everywhere and need it to be portable.
I use multiple browsers, word (like it's my job), excel, dreamweaver, photoshop. and vmware with win7 (not all the time but I want the option).
I'd like some feelings from people who know better than I on what decision to make. I normally just go for the top of the line, but I could stand to save a few bucks if possible.
I know I'll need 4gig on ram on an air. No music is kept on my apples and battery life is important.

torbjoern
Mar 5, 2011, 02:15 AM
You should really go with 4 GB of RAM - this is a no-brainer, actually.

Battery life is important? Get the 13-inch. As for processor, 1.86 GHz should be fine, but I'm not sure if you can have the extra RAM as an option then.

If you don't keep a lot of music and other media files, 128 GB SSD should suffice, but you might still want to consider the 256 GB.

Thekolton
Mar 5, 2011, 03:45 AM
Dont get this MBA wait for the next one this one is 4 months old and in about 4-6 months a new one will come out

torbjoern
Mar 5, 2011, 03:56 AM
Dont get this MBA wait for the next one this one is 4 months old and in about 4-6 months a new one will come out

But after that, there will be a total redesign - better wait till late 2012.

iNotion
Mar 5, 2011, 04:07 AM
But after that, there will be a total redesign - better wait till late 2012.

Better wait for 'forever'. LOL!

torbjoern
Mar 5, 2011, 04:13 AM
Better wait for 'forever'. LOL!

It took 3 years from the first Air was released until I bought one.