Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PatrikKiss

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 8, 2011
Anyone in the connecticut area heading up to Danbury Fair Mall apple store for the iPad 2 launch ?

PatrikKiss

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 8, 2011
I'm debating between West Farms and Danbury.

I dont really know what to do because I can only get there either at 8AM or 2:30PM... So either way I have to wait. One of the employees says that he thinks people will start lining up at around 9AM. And that their stock will be very limited considering they will have both the AT&T and Verizon models. So Either I wait 10 hours in line or I wait 3 and then possibly not be able to get an AT&T version. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DOOOO!!! :apple:

Liberal

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2011
Connecticut
I dont really know what to do because I can only get there either at 8AM or 2:30PM... So either way I have to wait. One of the employees says that he thinks people will start lining up at around 9AM. And that their stock will be very limited considering they will have both the AT&T and Verizon models. So Either I wait 10 hours in line or I wait 3 and then possibly not be able to get an AT&T version. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DOOOO!!! :apple:

9am seems too early for me, personally, but if you can go at 8am then you'll most likely be the first, if not close to first, in line.

I'm planning to go around noon. I don't expect there to be many people at that time.

Plus, it's not a morning launch so the mall will be crowded and people-watching is a great way to pass time. :D

jhall05

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2011
any idea on what the stock was for each one, trying to decide if i should go here or stamford

mloffa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2009
If for some odd reason the Apple store in the Westchester Mall in White Plains, NY is out or something, I may drive the distance to go here.

Enterprise8875

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2005
I am heading there around 4. Really hope the lines are not too crazy because I need to catch the UConn game at 7.

prosp

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010
Thinking about heading over after work, so would love updates from anyone on line.

Was able to pick up the iPhone 4 on launch day there without much hassle.

bcollins

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2011
I am heading there around 4. Really hope the lines are not too crazy because I need to catch the UConn game at 7.

I'm in the same boat! Think we can wheel in a TV and some beer in case we are there a while????

PROSP, what time did you show up for the Iphone 4 launch?

prosp

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010

I'm in the same boat! Think we can wheel in a TV and some beer in case we are there a while????

PROSP, what time did you show up for the Iphone 4 launch?

Around 7:30 pm, waited on line for about 30-40 minutes. But I think the sales started at 7am that day.

prosp

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010
Never had a chance to get to the store today. From those that were there How was it?

ukor

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2007
Was there at 9:30 AM forgot that it didn't go on sale until 5:00PM. Two people in line. Didn't stay obviously. Went back at 7:45PM on my way up to VT and there were about 50 people in line and the store was full. I guess they were letting people in a few at a time. Didn't stay obviously. Curious if they still have stock. Plan on stopping by on Sunday on my way home.

prosp

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010
At the Danbury store now (using the iPad 2), completely sold out. No real info on when they will get more. Could be tomorrow, most likely Monday.

ukor

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2007
Swung by the store this afternoon around 1:30PM. It was packed. Still sold out. The greeter at the door said that they get shipments everyday and should call on Monday to see if any have arrived.

Please smelled a little gamey. Maybe a little too much activity over the weekend. It needs a rest and some febreze. ;)

prosp

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010
Called the store around 2pm today, none in stock.....didn't get any in today....are expecting stock tomorrow.

The person on the phone did say that every call today was asking about the iPad 2, and that they were available first come, first serve.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.