PDA

View Full Version : Blast from the past.

kretzy
Feb 21, 2005, 12:56 AM
Hi guys,

I was bored the other day and i decided to hook up my old Macintosh LCII....it had some cool old skool games on it. After i'd set it all up i turned it on but all i got was a grey screen!! :eek: i tried using the set-up disks but it had no effect. so i was just wondering if anyone out there had any ideas.

Thanks

5300cs
Feb 21, 2005, 06:21 AM
Do you hear the start-up chime? When the screen turns grey, can you see anything, like a flash '?' or is the screen blank?

I'm 95% sure it's a hardware problem (read:failure.)

za9ra22
Feb 21, 2005, 07:03 AM
A number of models fail to start if the internal battery is fully drained. You might try replacing that and see if it helps.

atari1356
Feb 21, 2005, 08:49 AM
A number of models fail to start if the internal battery is fully drained. You might try replacing that and see if it helps.

Agreed. The Powermac 6100 I used to own did the same thing a few years ago... started it up one day and just got a gray screen - replacing the internal battery fixed it.

I don't know what shops you have in Australia, but if there's something similar to Radio Shack here in the U.S., that's where I bought mine and it was fairly cheap to replace (somewhere around $10 - $15 U.S. dollars if I remember correctly).

kretzy
Feb 25, 2005, 02:07 AM
Thanks for the replies guys!

Yeah there is a chime when i switch it on and then the gray screen and then nothing.

I'll definately try changing the internal battery.