Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

soleestreya

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2005
I just got Adobe CS, which includes Photoshop 8.0 (CS). I still have a copy of photoshop 7, and my scanner works fine with it. I can't, however, seem to get photoshop 8.0 to recognize my scanner. This is the only reason that I still keep my older version of photoshop on my computer. Does anyone know how I can make the scanner work on photoshop 8?

skybolt

macrumors 6502a
Feb 20, 2005
Nashville, TN, USA
Please pardon the newbie basic question here. Where do I get the plugins and what do I do with them? I have an LiDE 30 that was working just fine. When I went to use it the other day, it said it could not find the driver. Having upgraded to 10.3.8, I thought maybe that was the problem, so I went to the website and downloaded drivers, etc. Now, I am told it can't find the plugins (I have Elements 2). I really just want to scan, not necessarily use Elements. What am I doing wrong? Or what do I need to do?

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

Artful Dodger

macrumors 68020
I had the same problem when I went to 10.3.8 with my Canon Lide50.
I ended up calling up Canon and they had me down load a new driver and ever since then it's worked just as easy as before. Sorry I just looked for the link to the new driver and couldn't find it :( Maybe give Canon a quick call and have them get you an updated one?
I think all they had me do was what iGary asked if you did.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.