PDA

View Full Version : Ipad 2: Sarfari will not play youtube videos

Fee
Mar 14, 2011, 11:50 AM
Hey all

Anyone else ever have this problem with there ipad/ipad 2? Sarfari will not play youtube videos on Youtube's mobile site, it just plays the audio only of the video i selected. Anyone know what the deal is?

Bluemeanie1976
Mar 14, 2011, 12:02 PM
just tried it, and you're right... Only tried the one, mind.

Fee
Mar 14, 2011, 12:07 PM
just tried it, and you're right... Only tried the one, mind.

Oh so it might be something up with youtube then?

Works fine on my iPhone 4 thou

Khazetul
Mar 14, 2011, 07:38 PM
Has anyone else looked into this? It was working fine for me this morning, then all of a sudden at lunch time, it went down for me. Its like the HTML 5 translation is messed up with Youtube. Is everyone having this problem with the IPAD 2?

Bluemeanie1976
Mar 14, 2011, 07:44 PM
I'm on ipad1 by the way.

Khazetul
Mar 14, 2011, 07:46 PM
Are you still having the problem, and if you are could you do it before today?

Bluemeanie1976
Mar 14, 2011, 07:53 PM
Problem still there.

mikemj23
Mar 14, 2011, 07:56 PM
Problem still there.

Having same problem with iPad 1. Definitely a YouTube issue. Never had any problems before tonight.

westernmass
Mar 14, 2011, 07:57 PM
Thought just me. Actually anything on my friends Facebook page would normally open YouTube and the video. Now opens YouTube mobile and doesn't go to the video just the YouTube home page.

Khazetul
Mar 14, 2011, 07:59 PM
That's good to know. I thought all day it was something I did to mess it up. Thanks for the response guys.

Damitri
Mar 14, 2011, 08:02 PM
Glad to hear others are having issues as well! YouTube stopped working on my iPad 1 today and I have a two-year old going crazy. She needs her evening YouTube fix. They better fix this soon. Let's hope it is not Google pulling the plug on H.264 and going WebM only...shudder.

Bluemeanie1976
Mar 14, 2011, 08:08 PM
They all have little question marks on them too...

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c233/Andy_Mac_1976/eeaf6ae4.png

Khazetul
Mar 14, 2011, 08:11 PM
Same thing I was getting earlier. I can stop worrying about it now. Thanks guys. Hopefully they fix it soon, but I don't think enough people know it's an actual problem, s who knows the eta on ectually fixing it.

kayno
Mar 14, 2011, 08:11 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

I came online to start a thread about this, wanted to see if it was happening to anyone else. I have the iPad 2 running 4.3 and I'm glad to see others are experiencing it. YouTube might be having some issues, also noticed that it worked on my iPhone 4 as well.

Khazetul
Mar 14, 2011, 08:13 PM
The biggest difference between the phone and the pad is that the phone defaults everything to the YouTube app, while the pad used to be able to play it while embedded.

kayno
Mar 14, 2011, 08:16 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

The biggest difference between the phone and the pad is that the phone defaults everything to the YouTube app, while the pad used to be able to play it while embedded.

True when u click on a link.. But if u go on the web you Get to use the mobile site and it works there on the iPhone 4.

Ashwood11
Mar 14, 2011, 09:11 PM
Hey all

Anyone else ever have this problem with there ipad/ipad 2? Sarfari will not play youtube videos on Youtube's mobile site, it just plays the audio only of the video i selected. Anyone know what the deal is?

I bought my iPad when they first came out and if I remember correctly a thread like this started back then also. The answer I believe was that you needed to use the YouTube app included with the iPad.

Just now I launched the YouTube app and played a video and it worked just fine. Then I launched Safari and went to the YouTube web site and when I attempted to play a video all I got was the audio soundtrack.

I don't know why it works this way but I believe it has been like this from the beginning.

kayno
Mar 14, 2011, 09:18 PM
I bought my iPad when they first came out and if I remember correctly a thread like this started back then also. The answer I believe was that you needed to use the YouTube app included with the iPad.

Just now I launched the YouTube app and played a video and it worked just fine. Then I launched Safari and went to the YouTube web site and when I attempted to play a video all I got was the audio soundtrack.

I don't know why it works this way but I believe it has been like this from the beginning.

Not the case, youtube mobile website has always worked, when you first got the iPad, they only had desktop YouTube and that required flash, that's why you had to use the app. Now you don't. This issue just started today.

sublimeguide
Mar 15, 2011, 03:49 AM
Apparently the problem is for all the mobile youtube. However when a video is embeded i have no problem with playing it but when i have to go to the actual site it start to play only the audio. I hope someone have reported this to google and they fix it soon.

Khazetul
Mar 15, 2011, 07:05 AM
How would someone even go about letting them know. There doesn't
Seem to be a function to inform them of problems.

mikemj23
Mar 15, 2011, 10:16 AM
Everyone still having problems with this? Very frustrating.

karlth
Mar 15, 2011, 10:43 AM
Is everyone using 4.3?

The 4.3 Safari broke something in the POST/Authentication mechanism. That might be causing the issue.

Charlie Sheen
Mar 15, 2011, 10:47 AM
I think its a youtube issue. The ios can't have influence on the videos

Khazetul
Mar 15, 2011, 10:50 AM
In was doing it fine yesterday on safari 4.3 no problem, since the iPad 2 comes with it. And yes, it's still a problem today.

sublimeguide
Mar 15, 2011, 03:34 PM
Thankfully it's working now. :cool:

benhollberg
Mar 15, 2011, 03:37 PM
Anyone having problems like not being able to tap the video and the counter and stuff doesn't show up. Also I can't pinch to zoom it out fullscreen. Anyone?

mcking
Mar 15, 2011, 04:16 PM
Weird. I had this problem all day (iPad 1, IOS 4.2.1) and now video's play OK. Anyone else that can confirm it's working again?

benhollberg
Mar 15, 2011, 04:18 PM
It seems like my problem is only happening on the YouTube code iframe. The old code seems to work good.

topmounter
Mar 17, 2011, 07:57 PM
I can't play Facebook videos on my iPad (in both IOS 4.3 and the previous version)... but they work just fine on my iP4... I've tried everything I can think of like clearing the cache, cookies, rebooting, etc. etc. and nothing works.

Anyone have any ideas?

MyopicPaideia
Mar 19, 2011, 01:53 PM
Weird. I had this problem all day (iPad 1, IOS 4.2.1) and now video's play OK. Anyone else that can confirm it's working again?

Still solved!? I've uploaded my first iMovie project now and I'm getting the "you need flash" black screens on all of my videos. I'm using the regular version of the site? Anyone else still having problems?