PDA

View Full Version : Connecting to apache running on mac over airport?

DanTekGeek
Feb 22, 2005, 03:37 PM
heyhey!
My friend is trying to get his apache to work, but hes not a memeber, so I posted for him:

I have a TiBook, i run apache on it. i am connected to my cable modem via airport extreme. when i directly connect the computer to the cable modem, people can visit my IP and see my apache site. then when i am on airport it doesn't work... how can i fix it so people can see the site runnning on my TiBooks apache server when i am connected through airport.

brap
Feb 22, 2005, 04:04 PM
how can i fix it so people can see the site runnning on my TiBooks apache server when i am connected through airport.You firstly need to set your network up so you're using a static IP, and not DHCP for the connection router > powerbook. 192.168.10.1 and 2 respectively should do fine....

Then, enable port forwarding in your router/access point - ports 80 and 8080 should ideally be pointed to [powerbook ip] port 80. Think that's about it, actually.

edit: actually, sounds like you've got a modem/router combo. Same principle, though, you'll need to edit it through the modem combo's web configuration screens.

Mitthrawnuruodo
Feb 22, 2005, 04:23 PM
Make sure the Airport is set to Bridge mode, so that's not handing out new IP adresses, effectivly making your wireless network a closed LAN within your LAN... ;)