PDA

View Full Version : Banned from #Macrumors????

aswitcher
Feb 23, 2005, 06:16 AM
Why is there what appears to be a blanket ban on my isp attaching to #macrumors???

bousozoku
Feb 23, 2005, 10:21 AM
I really don't know but when I was opping a couple of different IRC channels, we had Australians come into the channel with bots and flood the place with messages. In one instance, the channel was run by Aussies but most of the ISP's range was banned.

Hopefully, that's not the case with #macrumors.

Mudbug
Feb 23, 2005, 02:15 PM
IM me when you have a second and we'll sort it out

Thx :) (and sorry)

You'll actually want to talk to Knox or Cougar, as I think this is probably an automatic block put on by the server to keep spambots out, but I'm looking into it.

aswitcher
Feb 24, 2005, 02:15 AM
IM me when you have a second and we'll sort it out

Thx :) (and sorry)

You'll actually want to talk to Knox or Cougar, as I think this is probably an automatic block put on by the server to keep spambots out, but I'm looking into it.

Ok, will do. Added you to iChat. Hopefully we will catch up soon

~Shard~
Feb 24, 2005, 07:35 AM
Yikes, this is the first I've heard of something like this! Hopefully you get it straightened out...

aswitcher
Feb 24, 2005, 12:51 PM
Yikes, this is the first I've heard of something like this! Hopefully you get it straightened out...

ALL Good now :)

imac_japan
Mar 1, 2005, 06:23 AM
Not good for me...im still banned....they want me to give them my IP address but I don't think sooooooo

edesignuk
Mar 1, 2005, 06:30 AM
Not good for me...im still banned....they want me to give them my IP address but I don't think sooooooo
Who is "they"?

Knox
Mar 1, 2005, 11:23 AM

Everyone connecting to the #macrumors IRC server will display their IP to everyone else connected, there's nothing you can do to get around that.

It sounds like you're banned from the IRC server/network rather than the channel actually. What message do you get when you try to connect?