Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

troblong50

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2005
I found this weird thing while going through the Core Services folder. The file I am talking about is located in System> Library> Core Services> Security Agent Plugins> SCLoginPlugin.bundle> Contents> Resources> English.lproj

The file is called login.nib. If you have interface builder and you open it up, it contains the login window, plus another window which I have never seen before. The title of this window is "Notice" and all it contains is an image(which is not displayed but titled "bang"), an "OK" button, and a text area. The text area contains a Department of Defense warning including this and more:
"This computer system, including all related equipment, networks and network devices (specifically including Internet access), are provided only for authorized U.S. Government use."
I searched for this warning in Google and it is an actual Department of Defense warning.

I'm not sure what this window is or why this warning is in there.

Also the contents folder of SCLoginPlugins.bundle contains army, marine, and navy seals and all sorts of other logos, including sample identification icons. It also contains DoDAnchors-Deployment file. DoD stands for Department of Defense. I have never seen these before. What are they doing in there?

What do you guys think? :confused:

JeDiBoYTJ

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2004
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
maybe Apple included that for computers they ship to the DoD (which I heard use some Apple Computers). Apple probably activate it themselves before they ship it to them.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
brap said:
Wow.

I wonder how many other 5MB folders are completely and utterly useless?

But you never know when a good DoD warning might come in handy! Just think of all the uses...

1. Next school/uni/work project's title page,
2. OK, I'm out. Any other ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.