Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Symtex

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
All the following picture have not been altered by any third party software. they have been generated in photomode or in the replay theather of Gran Turismo 4.

img0000.jpg

img0001.jpg

img0002.jpg

img0003.jpg

img0004.jpg

img0005.jpg

img0006.jpg

img0007.jpg

img0008.jpg

img0009.jpg

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
I can't wait for this game to be released!!!
I've been waiting long enough!!!

brap

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2004
Nottingham
Damn, that looks hot.

Can I assume 'photo mode' is only available with one car, much like the "hi-res" version in GT1 was cut down to 4 cars? You don't appear to be racing. Could you post a few of the actual game?

Symtex

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
brap said:
Damn, that looks hot.

Can I assume 'photo mode' is only available with one car, much like the "hi-res" version in GT1 was cut down to 4 cars? You don't appear to be racing. Could you post a few of the actual game?

Actually all the Deloran, Ford SVT Lightning and Mustang photo were taken while watching a replay of race I did.

brap

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2004
Nottingham
Symtex said:
Actually all the Deloran, Ford SVT Lightning and Mustang photo were taken while watching a replay of race I did.
Ni-ice :)

Guess I need to find funds for that PS2, then.

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
Symtex said:

Now that you say that, you can see the dramatic drop in detail, mainly in the backgrounds, with those pics compared to the others. Very very nice, still, but at least I can see how that pulled those graphics off on a PS2 now!

Rob

andrewfee

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2004
brap said:
Damn, that looks hot.

Photo mode lets you freeze a frame, pick camera angles etc, and then the ps2 renders out the shot and saves the image. None of these pics are realtime.

Symtex

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
andrewfee said:
Photo mode lets you freeze a frame, pick camera angles etc, and then the ps2 renders out the shot and saves the image. None of these pics are realtime.

I spent quite some times playing with the camera shutters, focus lens, aperture, white level and camera angle. My first pic show my noobness in the mode. Once you start playing with the numerous option, you can get some pertty good shoots.

My favorite is the Delorean read end shots follow by the Chrysler Prowler under the Las Vegas Strip. I would make more picture but I haven't earn enough car yet.

lalcan

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2003
Left of the center
For a second i thought there was going to be a Mac version of GT4, then reality kicked in and got me down... Why aren't there good driving games for the Mac? Ford Racing 2 is just NOT good enough...

stoid

macrumors 601
andrewfee said:

How long does it take to render? How does the quality compare to in-game graphics?

I can't wait for the next gen of consoles, likely graphics like this will be rendered in real-time once their potential is realized. Granted the first games for XBox Next (Halo 3?) won't look that much better, but compare early games like Morrowind or Halo with the latest like Burnout 3 or Halo 2 to see how HUGE the difference is between early games, and optimize graphics engines.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
I know I'll be getting it...

I loved GT2 with its huge amount of weird cars (i.e. daihatsu midget), and I was bummed on the small number in GT3. I like the Skyline/NSX/Supra/300GT, but I also liked the musclecars, hopped up econoboxes and classic exotices like the DB4.

Symtex

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
stoid said:
How long does it take to render? How does the quality compare to in-game graphics?

I can't wait for the next gen of consoles, likely graphics like this will be rendered in real-time once their potential is realized. Granted the first games for XBox Next (Halo 3?) won't look that much better, but compare early games like Morrowind or Halo with the latest like Burnout 3 or Halo 2 to see how HUGE the difference is between early games, and optimize graphics engines.

Between 5 - 10 seconds. Image is cleaner with FSAA compare to in-game graphics but not far from the current render.

brap

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2004
Nottingham
Lord Blackadder said:
I know I'll be getting it...

I loved GT2 with its huge amount of weird cars (i.e. daihatsu midget), and I was bummed on the small number in GT3. I like the Skyline/NSX/Supra/300GT, but I also liked the musclecars, hopped up econoboxes and classic exotices like the DB4.
I'm actually playing GT2 through at the moment (well, not this very moment), since I stupidly gave my PS2 away :eek:

Forgotten just how cool the Red Rock Valley course was, man was I sick when they left that out of GT3! Flying around it in a super twitchy ZZII, such fun.

Mike Teezie

macrumors 68020
Nov 20, 2002
Oh my God!

I totally forgot that GT4 came out! Going right after work to try to pick that one up, for sure.

That Delorean is ridiculously cool.

Otto Rehhagel

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2005
How do you transfer pictures like this from the PS2 to a computer? I tried uploading them to my sony digicam, but it doesn't work. I am also too lazy to read the manual! :D

Symtex

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
Otto Rehhagel said:
How do you transfer pictures like this from the PS2 to a computer? I tried uploading them to my sony digicam, but it doesn't work. I am also too lazy to read the manual! :D

USB Thumb drive. you should read the manual.

I just made those 2 new pic :

IMG0012.JPG

IMG0013.JPG

Symtex

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
Dale Sorel said:
So I guess that means you could use an iPod shuffle to get the pics into your computer?

yes. it was tested and it works.

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
yeah i saw some of those pics before, pretty impressive stuff. :)

but shouldn't that Delorian be flying? :p

and what's up with that weird Nike car? :eek: :confused:

can't wait for GT 4 to be released here in Aus-land. :D

carbonmotion

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2004
San Francisco, CA
lalcan said:
For a second i thought there was going to be a Mac version of GT4, then reality kicked in and got me down... Why aren't there good driving games for the Mac? Ford Racing 2 is just NOT good enough...
Um.... guys maybe its because my eyes are so used to maya and lightwave renders... but these graphics are considered to be good? man, you guys really need to see what an xbox can do... playstations are just bad

Symtex

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
carbonmotion said:
Um.... guys maybe its because my eyes are so used to maya and lightwave renders... but these graphics are considered to be good? man, you guys really need to see what an xbox can do... playstations are just bad

This ain't an xbox vs ps2 flamewar thread. it's all about the car and picture.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.