Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jonathan182

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 25, 2011
I've been trying to encrypt my hard drive and it keeps getting stuck at the same exact point i tried to re install everything ect

and it keep doing the same thing

anyone knows what i could do to fix it

jayhawk11

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2007
I've been trying to encrypt my hard drive and it keeps getting stuck at the same exact point i tried to re install everything ect

and it keep doing the same thing

anyone knows what i could do to fix it

Don't install a Dev Preview that you downloaded from Demonoid. That would probably be a great place to start fixing that issue.

johannnn

macrumors 68020
Nov 20, 2009
Sweden
Don't install a Dev Preview that you downloaded from Demonoid. That would probably be a great place to start fixing that issue.
"Dev previews from Demonoid" have the same hash so that is not the issue of any problems.

So stop being a douche trying to convert this thread into a piracy discussion.

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
anyone has any idea of what i could do about it tho

Other than contact Dev Support or file a bug report no.
You tried the install a couple of times with the same result at the same location? Either it is a hardware issue or to rule it out try the install on another computer to rule that out.

jonathan182

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 25, 2011
Other than contact Dev Support or file a bug report no.
You tried the install a couple of times with the same result at the same location? Either it is a hardware issue or to rule it out try the install on another computer to rule that out.

i tried on different hardware

i was thinking maybe i could give a log of something and then someone could see where it sticking

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
how do i get log of it

and i dont have acces to the developer forum

The log should be at /var/log/install.log , and if you don't have access to the Dev forum, you are pretty much out of luck. I'm no expert so I don't know what else to tell you. Unless anyone has any other suggestions. Now that I think about it, it is not the actual install that is wrong, just your attempt to encrypt the disk after the install, so the system log might be more helpful.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Here's my $.02 on this issue.

Don't encrypt!

I mean 10.7 is not even at the beta stage yet and given how easily encryption can destroy your data. Hold off until 10.7 is final

jayhawk11

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2007
"Dev previews from Demonoid" have the same hash so that is not the issue of any problems.

So stop being a douche trying to convert this thread into a piracy discussion.

We're gonna play a game.

Let's assume that he is in the developer program. That would mean that he has access to the Developer Forums. After all, any person that has legitimate access to the Developer Preview would be able to post there. He could just ask around on there to see if anyone else has had a similar issue, maybe they will have a solution.

Ready to play?

how do i get log of it

and i dont have acces to the developer forum

Damn. Well that game was fun while it lasted, wasn't it? :rolleyes:

This is exactly why Apple doesn't do public betas of iOS or Mac OS X.

jonathan182

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 25, 2011
We're gonna play a game.

Let's assume that he is in the developer program. That would mean that he has access to the Developer Forums. After all, any person that has legitimate access to the Developer Preview would be able to post there. He could just ask around on there to see if anyone else has had a similar issue, maybe they will have a solution.

Ready to play?

Damn. Well that game was fun while it lasted, wasn't it? :rolleyes:

This is exactly why Apple doesn't do public betas of iOS or Mac OS X.

i do have a real copy of it i just dont have aces to the developer forum

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. He says it is a legal copy from Apple. You will have to contact dev support then and get access to the dev forums.
At this point it is simple, you paid or were given access to the software, support for real developers is provided by Apple. If you can't access the dev forums email them and find out why. As you well understand your copy can be "real" but obtained by unethical means you won't be able to get Apple's help.

jonathan182

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 25, 2011
Nope. If you have legitimate access to the "Developer Preview" then you have access to the Developer forum. There's no other options.

jW

lol ur not understanding that stuff are a little more complex than you think
lol

i do have a legit copy
but i dont have aces to the developer forum

wpotere

Oct 7, 2010
lol

i do have a legit copy

OK, I will play....

Are you a dev? If you aren't a dev, then what you have is not a legit copy.

Did I win?

Last edited:

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
lol

i do have a legit copy

Complexity aside if you have a legitimate copy from Apple they had to have given someone at your company access to the developer forum or another point of contact at Apple. Contact them for support.

Going back and forth about how you got your copy is silly and will not yield you the support you need.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.