PDA

View Full Version : Post pictures of your musical instruments!

phreakout13
Feb 26, 2005, 11:48 PM
I thought it would be cool to see what kinds of musical instruments MacRumors people played, so please post pictures of your instruments and setups n' such:) I'll have to post pics of my guitars tomorrow when I can get my camera, but I'd love to see yours:)

sjpetry
Feb 27, 2005, 12:29 AM
I like this thread. :)

I'll post my Martin, American Fender, and other acoustics tomorrow.

(I'll edit them into this post.) ;)

dornoforpyros
Feb 27, 2005, 12:37 AM
ahh excellent idea. I'll get the ball rolling. My 2 epiphone les pauls. Their older pictures though as my black les paul now has a white apple sticker on it :)

Daveway
Feb 27, 2005, 12:41 AM
I couldn't resist. :D

jefhatfield
Feb 27, 2005, 01:08 AM
a moderately priced electric guitar with two passive emg hz pickups, black hardware, and an all mahogany, set neck construction

http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_viper.htm

the viper series starts with a $300 dollar model (viper 50) with non emg passive pickups and a bolt on maple neck all the way up to an esp custom shop $3000+ model which can be made any way you order it including real abolone inlay and active emg 81 pickups

my model is the discontinued viper 301 and has the body of the viper 400 series and the electronics of the viper 200 series and cost me $519.00 dollars ($649.00 list price) at the time in 2001

if money were no object, i would buy two gibson PAF dual creme humbuckers from a vintage dealer and have the esp custom shop build the viper guitar from honduras mahogany with a brazilian rosewood fingerboard...the total cost would easily exceed $5000 dollars and it would be a dream guitar

oddly enough though, it probably wouldn't play any different than a standard viper for much less and its sound would only be subtlely different than the $300.00 viper with passive, non emg pickups

a great vintage or collectable guitar is like an old vintage rolex...it may not work as good/accurately as a cheaper quartz watch, but its rarity and uniqueness add an aura of value to it that perhaps very few people understand...and if you are one of the people who understand it, then it makes it all worth it

i notice a lot of players here, and prolly everywhere, use fender stratocasters...if i had a few thousand, i would love to have fender's custom shop build me a one of a kind stratocaster

MacNut
Feb 27, 2005, 01:24 AM
Before I post a pic of my drum kit I need to buy some better cymbals.

jim.
Feb 27, 2005, 01:29 AM
Hmm, I play a custom PRS... No pics though. You should have posted this 3 days ago so I could take a pic of my brothers Bourgeouis prototype acoustic guitar. Worth $6000 and would have let me look uber cool :)

Oh yeah, I have a Schnabl viola made especially for me in Germany, a Fender mandolin (cheap as hell), a cheap acoustic, a King trumpet, and some unnamed 12-string.

Jim

MacNut
Feb 27, 2005, 01:32 AM
I didn't know that Fender made Mandolins.

jefhatfield
Feb 27, 2005, 01:38 AM
I didn't know that Fender made Mandolins.

besides electric guitars, acoustic guitars, bass guitars, and the mandolin, fender also makes a dobro slide guitar which is pretty cool and affordable

...not to mention that they own sun amplification, guild guitars, and many other companies...fender is kind of like microsoft

jim.
Feb 27, 2005, 01:41 AM
besides electric guitars, acoustic guitars, bass guitars, and the mandolin, fender also makes a dobro slide guitar which is pretty cool and affordable

...not to mention that they own sun amplification, guild guitars, and many other companies...fender is kind of like microsoft

Yep, they are. Cheap stuff that gives an ok sound for people to learn with. Fender banjos are actually a steal for the sound that they give if you are a novice.

I wish I had an old school Guild, they don't sound like they should now... go figure.

Jim

Flowbee
Feb 27, 2005, 02:17 AM
I've posted these photos in another thread, but they seem relevant here, too.

M-Audio Keystation 49e
Roland V-Tour TD-6S (http://rolandus.com/products/details.asp?catid=5&subcatid=22&prodid=TD%2D6S) electronic drum set
Hohner chromatic accordion (c-system, 120 bass)

federalists
Feb 27, 2005, 02:48 AM
here's my gear. i have an awesome all tube sovtek mig 50 head, a 10" marshall cab with celestions, a fender strat, and an old hohner acoustic. the guitars aren't that great, but the amp certainly is.

EDIT: oops, that's not my hohner acoustic. that's my sister's nicer takamine.

MentalFabric
Feb 27, 2005, 04:16 AM
I play a gibson gothic explorer
and you can see my peavey 5150 combo behind the bassist :-)

phreakout13
Feb 27, 2005, 11:58 AM
Kay, I got some pics.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/hamhocks/strat.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/hamhocks/SG.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/hamhocks/l-5.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/hamhocks/d-18.jpg
Sorry the acoustic is kinda blurry, it's a 70s Martin D-18. There is also a 73 Gibson SG, a 90s Japanese Strat, and an early 50s Gibson L5. I'm still 15 and since I live with my parents and sister, we all share these, although the Strat is my sister's and the SG is mine. I usually play that, the Martin, or the L5. We also have tons of harmonicas and ukuleles (my dad's) and other instruments laying around.

jefhatfield
Feb 27, 2005, 12:16 PM
hey phreakout, that is a great selection of guitars!

you have all the bases covered...jazz, single coil, humbucker, and acoustic

jefhatfield
Feb 27, 2005, 12:23 PM
Yep, they are. Cheap stuff that gives an ok sound for people to learn with. Fender banjos are actually a steal for the sound that they give if you are a novice.

I wish I had an old school Guild, they don't sound like they should now... go figure.

Jim

takeovers, and thus lower quality, remind me of car companies, too

i have an old school volvo...super tough and reliable

but now that the giant ford motor company has taken them over, the quality has gone down...but i would still rather have one of those than most ford models

cyanide
Feb 27, 2005, 01:10 PM
here's my gear. i have an awesome all tube sovtek mig 50 head, a 10" marshall cab with celestions, a fender strat, and an old hohner acoustic. the guitars aren't that great, but the amp certainly is.

EDIT: oops, that's not my hohner acoustic. that's my sister's nicer takamine.

good GOD man! I have.. get ready for this.. the exact same setup!!! i am frightened by your excellent choice in gear.

WinterMute
Feb 27, 2005, 01:26 PM
Here's my Warwick Thumb 5-string, there's a pic of me playing it in the Members Pic thread, but it's not too clear.

I use an Ampeg SVT 3 head and an Ampeg 8x10 cab.

The othr pic is my real instrument now.... I make more music with the studio than I do with the bass... :D

jimsowden
Feb 27, 2005, 01:39 PM
iPlay the iPod.
http://images.apple.com/pr/products/images/ref_05ipodmini_green.jpg

VAmin
Feb 27, 2005, 01:54 PM
Here's a picture of my Schreiber S91 bassoon :cool:

I don't have a digi-cam, so this one's not mine specifically...

slu
Feb 27, 2005, 02:31 PM
I kinda have a makeshift studio in my basement. It includes:

60's Rogers Drum Kit
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Squire Bass
Washburn Bass (not pictured)
Fender Electric/Acoustic
Martin Electric Acoustic
Cheap Ibanez Acoustic (Beach Guitar - Not Pictured)
Cheap Epiphone Acoutic (Not Pictured)
Epiphone Les Paul 100 (not pictured)
Yahama Electronic Drum Kit
Fostex VF08 Digital 8 Track Recorder
Marshall JSM 2000 Tube Amp
Fender Deluxe 90 Amp
Cheap 5 Track Mixer

And here are the pics. It is a bit messy since we did some jamming on Friday Night!

MsKacey007
Feb 27, 2005, 03:52 PM
My baby - the Ovation Celebrity Deluxe Cherry Cherryburst:

http://www.acousticaxis.com/images/cs257-1.jpg

That's not my actual guitar but I don't have a picture of it on my comp.
It's absolutely gorgeous. :cool:

dornoforpyros
Feb 27, 2005, 04:31 PM
I play a gibson gothic explorer
and you can see my peavey 5150 combo behind the bassist :-)

doh I wish I had a gibson gothic explorer :(
I can't believe they replaced the goth line with those fugly "voodoo" series. The red/black finish on them is nice but the inlay of the voodoo head looks horrible.

MentalFabric
Feb 27, 2005, 04:48 PM
doh I wish I had a gibson gothic explorer :(
I can't believe they replaced the goth line with those fugly "voodoo" series. The red/black finish on them is nice but the inlay of the voodoo head looks horrible.

It's a really nice guitar (though some people find the shape a bit hard to get used to), you can still find them around second hand reasonably easily. The voodoo series would look nice, but the red doesn't seem to fit the guitar at all, and the scratch plate looks a bit unnatural next to the body, I've never played one, though they're probably quite similar :-)

jknight8907
Mar 12, 2005, 04:26 PM
This thread is a little old, but here are my guitars, a nice Alvarez acoustic/electric and a cheap Austin electric.

dornoforpyros
Mar 12, 2005, 07:26 PM
It's a really nice guitar (though some people find the shape a bit hard to get used to), you can still find them around second hand reasonably easily. The voodoo series would look nice, but the red doesn't seem to fit the guitar at all, and the scratch plate looks a bit unnatural next to the body, I've never played one, though they're probably quite similar :-)

yeah I've yet to actually get my hands on an explorer. I've played V's, Warlocks and other similair bodies but haven't given an explorer a wirl, but some day :)

Greg_C
Mar 25, 2005, 12:10 PM
Before I post a pic of my drum kit I need to buy some better cymbals.

Hey, finally someone else who's a drummer! :cool: What kinda gear do you have, MacNut? I have a generic kit (got it as a "beginner set" when I first started playing) but I've since upgraded the heads (Evans Genera G2), snare drum (Ludwig 13" bronze piccolo snare) and cymbals (Paiste 802 series crash/ride, crash, and hi-hats, Sabian Terry Bozio signature china).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v306/GregC/DrumKit.jpg
(Note the dumbells used to keep the cymbal stand from falling over :D )

--Greg

jefhatfield
Mar 25, 2005, 12:33 PM
when i first started drums, my wife used a 6 piece maple shell rodgers kit, clear remo heads, with zildjians and nylon drum sticks

later she used a kit just like in your picture (pearl mx series?) but with zildjian hi-hats, zildjian crash, some unknown german made crash, and pearl hammered crash/ride going back between coared remo heads and clear heads with silver mylar remo heads on the bottom...i later got the same kit (pearl mx) but used the cheap cymbals that came with it...i took the bottom heads off and i preferred the sound and didn't buy any new drum heads

my ultimate set would now be a small 4 piece gretsch and vintage zildjian cymbals with some sort of piccolo snare drum...that i can afford...but if money were no object, then i would get a yamaha recording series drumset with a gazillion cymbals

but nothing ups a drumset like new heads and good, expensive cymbals...some good tama hardware wouldn't hurt either as i have known a few hard rock drummers who swear by its durability

evil_santa
Mar 25, 2005, 12:58 PM
I have been messing about with Basses & Guitars since 1982
over they years i have built up a bit of a collection...
http://homepage.mac.com/editbox/images/guitars-all.jpg

Top To Bottom
Roland G-77 - 1986
Warwick Thumb, Thru neck Wenge / Bubinga - 1990
Fender P-Bass, Cherry Sunburst - 1983
Wal Fretless - 1984
Fender Strat, with Goland GK1 pickup - 1988
Vox Teardrop re-issue - 1985
Gibson Corvus - 1983
Norman Acoustic - 1987

I also a few synths, cubase, reason & a Simmons drum kit.

h0e0h
Mar 25, 2005, 11:13 PM
here's my Silvertone (Sam's Club) guitar that i got like 8 years ago as a gift to learn to play on (which i'm just now getting around to) and my Washburn Bass that is like 6 years old (both were gifts so i didn't get to pick the color... my next bass will be cherry burst like the fender color) and that blank desk space is for my MIDI keyboard when it comes from Apple...

iWantAMac
Mar 26, 2005, 11:09 PM
Not much to look at, but...

http://img151.exs.cx/img151/2880/dscn00322ji.jpg

mmmdreg
Mar 26, 2005, 11:32 PM
I got a pretty crappy drum kit, a pretty crappy acoustic, and a beeautiful john johnson violin =)

WinterMute
Mar 27, 2005, 07:11 AM
I have been messing about with Basses & Guitars since 1982
over they years i have built up a bit of a collection...

Top To Bottom
Roland G-77 - 1986
Warwick Thumb, Thru neck Wenge / Bubinga - 1990
Fender P-Bass, Cherry Sunburst - 1983
Wal Fretless - 1984
Fender Strat, with Goland GK1 pickup - 1988
Vox Teardrop re-issue - 1985
Gibson Corvus - 1983
Norman Acoustic - 1987

I also a few synths, cubase, reason & a Simmons drum kit.

Where and when did you get the Wal? It looks just like my old one, I sold it in 1986 just before I went entirely 5-string, is there a serial number on it?

I had a Roland too, for a while, but the lag on it was incredible, and the synth was a bit crap too. Interesting idea though.

veritas
Mar 27, 2005, 10:11 PM

nice setup man, u got a soundclick or something. i cant decide weather to get a mpc-2000 or rolands mv-8000.

iWantAMac
Mar 28, 2005, 12:42 AM
nice setup man, u got a soundclick or something. i cant decide weather to get a mpc-2000 or rolands mv-8000.
Nah, no soundclick. What you see is what I got, atm, so I've got no way of getting my tracks onto my computer. The mpc2000 and mv8000 are two totally different machines. You're better off comparing the mv8000 to the mpc4000. Checkout mpc-forums.com for alot of info.

Erendiox
Apr 2, 2005, 02:02 AM
This should give you an idea. Woodwinds all the way! :D

evil_santa
Apr 2, 2005, 03:19 AM
Where and when did you get the Wal? It looks just like my old one, I sold it in 1986 just before I went entirely 5-string, is there a serial number on it?

I had a Roland too, for a while, but the lag on it was incredible, and the synth was a bit crap too. Interesting idea though.

I got the wal from a friend (a wal nut) in about 88/89, I he got from the bass center a year or two before.
http://homepage.mac.com/editbox/images/wal.jpg

the roland is incredibly crap for the money it cost, but i quite like it. :D

h0e0h
May 20, 2005, 11:51 PM
still have my bass, and electric, and that crappy yamaha drum kit... but here's my new addition...

http://img269.echo.cx/img269/9554/dscf00022ph.th.jpg (http://img269.echo.cx/my.php?image=dscf00022ph.jpg)

iBlue
May 21, 2005, 12:16 AM
Here's my Warwick Thumb 5-string, there's a pic of me playing it in the Members Pic thread, but it's not too clear.

I use an Ampeg SVT 3 head and an Ampeg 8x10 cab.

The othr pic is my real instrument now.... I make more music with the studio than I do with the bass... :D

My husband is a bass player too; in fact I almost bought him that exact same bass. He adores Warwick. I ended up getting him a 5 string Pedula Thunderbass (maple) instead. He has a 6 string Tune and a Tobias (5 string) and a fretless *something* as well.

Along with that and a ton of equipment that I don't understand, he also plays the keyboard and hand drums. Our basement is packed with this stuff. :eek:

me? I am just not very gifted in the musical arts.

jestershinra
May 21, 2005, 12:43 AM
I'll post pics tomorrow.

Guitars:
89' Clapton Start (my one true love)
Taylor 110
Squier Strat (in front of the TV)

Drum Set:
YD set
Ludwig snare
Sabian cymbals

chipz
May 21, 2005, 02:40 AM
Thought you might like to see my little toy.

the_insider
May 26, 2005, 03:17 PM
My babies. I dont have a mac to show off. But i do have these

Drums:
Tama Rockstar Custom (Mahogany)
11 x 12 Tom Tom
16 x 16 Floor Tom
16 x 22 Bass Drum
6.5 x 14 Snare

Heads:
Evans G2 Coated (TOMS BATTER)
Evans G1 Clear (TOMS RESO)
Evans EQ4 Batter
Evans EQ3 Reso (5" Hole)
Evans Hazy 200
Evans ST Dry

Hardware:
Tama Iron Cobra Flexi Glide Dbl
Tama Iron Cobra Lever Glide Hi Hat Stand
Various Tama, and Pearl Stands
Pearl SD 1000 Roadpro Throne
Tuxedo Stick Bag

Cymbals:
Zildjian A Custom 14" Mastersound Hi-Hats
Zildjian A Custom 16" Crash
Zildjian A Custom 18" Crash
Zildjian Z Custom 20" Ride
Wuhan 16" China
Paiste 302 12" Splash

Sticks:
Vic Firth American Classic 7A

wdlove
May 26, 2005, 04:35 PM
That is a very nice looking organ chipz. Very professional looking. Do you play professionally and/or at a church?

That is a very nice looking drum, hardware, and cymbal setup. Are you part of a band?

Looks as though both you can have hours of enjoyment. I really admire someone with musical talent.

evilernie
May 26, 2005, 08:14 PM
Left to right:

Taylor 814ce
Jackson Dinky DK1
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Old Charvel from the 80's

I'm really not worthy of such nice guitars, I wish I could play them better!

Also, my Marshall Artist head.

:D

jefhatfield
May 26, 2005, 09:06 PM
I'll post pics tomorrow.

Guitars:
89' Clapton Start (my one true love)
Taylor 110
Squier Strat (in front of the TV)

Drum Set:
YD set
Ludwig snare
Sabian cymbals

clapton strat, now that is a GUITAR!

wdlove
May 26, 2005, 09:09 PM
Don't sell yourself short evilernie. The fact that you were able to afford to purchase them shows worthiness. I don't know how old you are. With practice you are bound to improve, you are probably better than you give yourself credit.

evilernie
May 26, 2005, 09:16 PM
Don't sell yourself short evilernie. The fact that you were able to afford to purchase them shows worthiness. I don't know how old you are. With practice you are bound to improve, you are probably better than you give yourself credit.

Well, I wouldn't say that I am terrible, I'm ok. The Taylor was a wedding present from my wife. :D

Supa_Fly
May 26, 2005, 11:04 PM
This should give you an idea. Woodwinds all the way! :D

A fellow Alto Sax playa - bet you got Sax appeal with that instrument, lol :D , kidding. Its been so long since I played but I can still read basic treble clef. thinking of getting into guitar & bass; guitar first by September, after a Mac adorns my desk first. Reason, GarageBand!

Interesting how they call it Woodwinds, when the Sax, French Horn, Tuba are all brass metal?? I cant imagine them ever being made of wood, like the Clarinet.
Imagine learning to play Alto, Bass, & Suprano all with traintrack braces - old school, not those hip clear plastic ones kids got now - with no wax!! I did and was pretty decent. ;)

quackattack
May 27, 2005, 12:03 AM
A fellow Alto Sax playa - bet you got Sax appeal with that instrument, lol :D , kidding. Its been so long since I played but I can still read basic treble clef. thinking of getting into guitar & bass; guitar first by September, after a Mac adorns my desk first. Reason, GarageBand!

Interesting how they call it Woodwinds, when the Sax, French Horn, Tuba are all brass metal?? I cant imagine them ever being made of wood, like the Clarinet.
Imagine learning to play Alto, Bass, & Suprano all with traintrack braces - old school, not those hip clear plastic ones kids got now - with no wax!! I did and was pretty decent. ;)

Hey! Good to see saxophone love around here!!

I play tenor myself. I have a Selmer SA Series III. It is my pride and joy ;).

I haven't had the chance to play it as much as I would like lately.

By the way, French Horns and Tuba'a are NOT woodwinds. Woodwind refers to the wood reed that vibrates to make the sound. That is why a sax is a woodwind despite being made of metal!

G4scott
May 27, 2005, 12:51 AM
Here's a picture of my Schreiber S91 bassoon :cool:

I don't have a digi-cam, so this one's not mine specifically...

Awesome... Tons of guitars, and a bassoon...

I don't know how much one would consider a turntable an instrument, though...

I don't have any pictures of my trumpet, and it's kinda beat up from marching season, and needs to be cleaned, but it's an everyday run of the mill, Bach Stradivarius.

mms
May 27, 2005, 01:17 AM
Hey! Good to see saxophone love around here!!
Count me in. Keilsworth ST90 Alto and a decades old school Conn bari.
By the way, French Horns and Tuba'a are NOT woodwinds. Woodwind refers to the wood reed that vibrates to make the sound. That is why a sax is a woodwind despite being made of metal!
Almost, but not quite. Woodwinds also include flutes, which definitely don't have reeds. from Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodwind):
"A woodwind instrument is a wind instrument in which sound is produced by blowing through a mouthpiece against an edge or by a vibrating reed, and in which the pitch is varied by opening or closing holes in the body of the instrument. "

I know, I'm being kinda nitpicky. Don't take it personally.

quackattack
May 27, 2005, 02:42 PM
Almost, but not quite. Woodwinds also include flutes, which definitely don't have reeds. from Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodwind):
"A woodwind instrument is a wind instrument in which sound is produced by blowing through a mouthpiece against an edge or by a vibrating reed, and in which the pitch is varied by opening or closing holes in the body of the instrument. "

You're right! I forgot about that exception. :o

katie ta achoo
May 28, 2005, 05:01 PM
Check the attached image for KT's instruments.
Violin, viola, a little piano, a little harmonic, a little gee-tar, a little fife. I'm gonna learn tuba and coronet, too. Only because we just happen to have the instruments.
I might learn me some zither and some accordion.
I REALLY want to learn accordion, but I don't have the instrument or the strength to push in the sides.
Also, I want to learn bagpipe.
A deadly combination... a violist with a bagpipe... hahaha

...and does music theory count as an instrument? haha

MattG
May 29, 2005, 10:23 PM
http://homepage.mac.com/mattgudites/macrumors/carvin.jpg

sjpetry
May 29, 2005, 11:39 PM
Left to right:

Taylor 814ce
Jackson Dinky DK1
Gibson Les Paul Custom

Beautiful Taylor.

I promise I'll get a picture of my guitars on soon. ;)

Plymouthbreezer
May 30, 2005, 08:57 AM
Flute... It's not a great one, I'll get a newer one next year.

jeffzoom
Jun 28, 2005, 01:54 AM
The guy that said wood winds rule or something, did you play through high school? because i have heard several marching bands from high school to collage and guess what, woodwinds have taken the children rules up (seen but not heard). So just because of that i will post my trumpet, perchased to see if i liked it, found out i love it. Band instrament players, don't be scared, go take a picture.

sorry about the quality, my primary camera kinda won't let go of the polarizer

jefhatfield
Jun 28, 2005, 08:10 AM
Left to right:

Taylor 814ce
Jackson Dinky DK1
Gibson Les Paul Custom

having taught, on and off, since 1982, i believe anybody deserves the best instruments they can afford

sometimes having a great instrument, through luck/relatives/fate/saving up makes learning the guitar easier and more enjoyable

that being said the two best professional rock players where i live use a squier strat; and no-name '60s guitars on stage (the second guy has a nice american standard strat and a japanese 1960s fender reissue strat but rarely seems to bring them out on stage)...in the end for both these players, it's their fingers that do the work

one jazz player i know (the only working jazz player in the area) had a $2500 dollar george benson signature model (from ibanez) but now prefers to play a guitar that costs less than half of that and basically sounds great either way

as you get better, you will gig and record and maybe even tour, and on some nights or sessions, you may find a great sound in a cheap guitar or cheap amp...during the making of one cd for my friend in '92 (when making a cd was prohibitively expensive), i had to lay down a lead guitar solo and my charvel, '68 telecaster, or '65 melody maker didn't sound right so i used a $200 dollar used yamaha strat copy through a 10 watt practice amp and got this amazing sound i have never been able to replicate :)

fistful
Jun 28, 2005, 10:03 AM
Acoustic: Yamaha FG-412S

Electric: Danelectro DanoBlaster. has four built in effects: Distortion, Tremolo, Echo and Auto Wah.

http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25575&stc=1

evilernie
Jun 28, 2005, 10:37 AM
having taught, on and off, since 1982, i believe anybody deserves the best instruments they can afford

sometimes having a great instrument, through luck/relatives/fate/saving up makes learning the guitar easier and more enjoyable

Yes it sure does.

Since I'm 37, married, with a kid, and not in a band, I don't think I'll be touring anytime soon. :D

Supa_Fly
Jun 30, 2005, 12:35 AM

Ahh the EDGE part is what allows the flute to qualify, good catch. ;)

@quackattack, tenor is great sounding sax, always loved how the high notes sounded. The Soprano killed my lips, severly, so it was left alone. I'm gonna keep my eye out this fall for an auction for an Alto.

@EvilErnie, busout your instrument, your kid I'm sure will love it. Teach him/her to play as well, you'll be surprised how well they'll take to it if they like it.

Is there any new bands with a member that is married and has a kid? Or more renowned bands that when started out had a member with a kid? THat would be strange, yet cool I think. Might add dimension to song writing.

spacefreak4
Jun 30, 2005, 08:04 AM
Well I would post pics of my brass instruments, but they are all rented from school, so they are all really ugly looking. I don't understand how people before me manage to put so many dents in them...

Dagless
Jun 30, 2005, 08:48 AM
heres my little collection. Roland E-28 keyboard (xmas present back in 1998), some random, but quite expensive acoustic purchased in Spain 2002, and my beautiful tobacco sunburst Epiphone SG. of course theres my ocarina and panpipes which live on the pin board behind my PB.
also got a Zoom GFX707 but i dont usually play with my amp, which is VERY old and not strictly a guitar amp, but i wouldnt trade it for anything.

http://satansam.co.uk/ftp/guitars.jpg
http://satansam.co.uk/ftp/keyboard2.jpg
http://satansam.co.uk/ftp/ocarina.jpg
http://satansam.co.uk/ftp/zoomandamp.jpg

i play the guitar pretty well, mainly rhythm. good on keyboard but im more keen on the feel of a piano http://satansam.co.uk/ftp/piano.jpg
all coming through the lovely twin Wharfedale speakers http://satansam.co.uk/ftp/speakers.JPG tiny but very powerful. its a strange set up for a guitarist but i dont play band stuff, i just play whatever comes to me. usually with an acoustic/clean sound. :)

jefhatfield
Jun 30, 2005, 09:00 AM
heres my little collection. Roland E-28 keyboard (xmas present back in 1998), some random, but quite expensive acoustic purchased in Spain 2002, and my beautiful tobacco sunburst Epiphone SG. of course theres my ocarina and panpipes which live on the pin board behind my PB.
also got a Zoom GFX707 but i dont usually play with my amp, which is VERY old and not strictly a guitar amp, but i wouldnt trade it for anything.

http://satansam.co.uk/ftp/guitars.jpg
http://satansam.co.uk/ftp/keyboard2.jpg
http://satansam.co.uk/ftp/ocarina.jpg
http://satansam.co.uk/ftp/zoomandamp.jpg

i play the guitar pretty well, mainly rhythm. good on keyboard but im more keen on the feel of a piano http://satansam.co.uk/ftp/piano.jpg
all coming through the lovely twin Wharfedale speakers http://satansam.co.uk/ftp/speakers.JPG tiny but very powerful. its a strange set up for a guitarist but i dont play band stuff, i just play whatever comes to me. usually with an acoustic/clean sound. :)

wow, cool collection...i didn't know all these mac users had in home music stores ;)

if i had another room in my house, i swear i would put up a music room with computer (only for music), keyboard, and instruments...but as it is there's the guest room with computer and office, bedroom, and maybe 300 sq ft left for bathroom kithchen and dining/living room

the_insider
Jan 23, 2006, 04:45 PM
The guy that said wood winds rule or something, did you play through high school? because i have heard several marching bands from high school to collage and guess what, woodwinds have taken the children rules up (seen but not heard). So just because of that i will post my trumpet, perchased to see if i liked it, found out i love it. Band instrament players, don't be scared, go take a picture.

sorry about the quality, my primary camera kinda won't let go of the polarizer

i love trumpets

DJMastaWes
Jan 23, 2006, 08:49 PM
;)

Not an instrument, but a Party I dj'ed at my house.
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a101/chillcafe/Photos/DSCF1578.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a101/chillcafe/Photos/DSCF1584.jpg

My Drumset, I'm a begginger, and those pics were takein when the set up was "n00bish" so forgive the angels and everything, now there better.
But I haveint played in like 5 months.. VERY busy.
Come this summer, I'm starting regularely...
Anyway pics...

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a101/chillcafe/Photos/DSCF1344.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a101/chillcafe/Photos/DSCF1314.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a101/chillcafe/Photos/DSCF1313.jpg

Spankenrear
Jan 24, 2006, 06:33 AM
My amp, couple of basses and pedals

Morpheu5
Jul 30, 2007, 05:18 PM
The greatest drumset ever! :D

http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs7/i/2005/258/a/3/my_preciousss_by_morpheu5.jpg

robo
Jul 30, 2007, 07:50 PM
Here's mine

-kritter-
Jul 30, 2007, 08:09 PM
my mandolin!

Killyp
Jul 30, 2007, 08:13 PM
Nice desk, don't you find it a bit dry sounding though?

Some of the stuff people have posted in this thread is great :D I'd love to see more posts. I'm gonna get pics of all my music stuff for tomorrow.

SkyBell
Jul 30, 2007, 08:18 PM
Something similar to this:
http://www.musiciansbuy.com/mmMBCOM/images/king_2103s.jpg
It's a Kings trombone, just not this new.:p

I can also play the baritone and percussion, but this is the only one i own and play regularly.

backsidetailsli
Jul 31, 2007, 10:34 AM
okk i got tons to show and a lot im not going to even list
i have a harmonica, trumpet, ukulele....
i own 3 bass guitars
1 i bought
2 i made

ill start with the one i bought a while back when i first started:
its a fender hoppus sig in daphne blue!
http://usera.imagecave.com/backsidetailslide/mybass-copy.jpg

my first bass that i made is, as you can see a replica of the misfits (jerry only's) custom devastator. you cant obviously buy one, since he made his... so i made mine!
heres a link to my build progress album:* http://hs.facebook.com/album.php?aid=57&l=0a98c&id=1350420078

and heres a little sample for the lazy ones:
http://photos-g.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v45/198/63/1350420078/n1350420078_1206_5068.jpg

next up is my recent build! its a precision bass and it is very nice indeed:
album: http://hs.facebook.com/album.php?aid=85&l=38e37&id=1350420078

tease:
http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v63/198/63/1350420078/n1350420078_6112_1193.jpg

ye. they make me happy* ;D

k so those are the axes. now the rig
what i have is an Ampeg Svt-4 Pro head, Korg DTR 2000 rack tuner, Skb Case and an Ampeg 410Hlf cab with a pimped grill
http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v123/198/63/1350420078/n1350420078_18379_8471.jpg

weeeee

Mike Teezie
Jul 31, 2007, 01:24 PM
http://mnjordan.com/images/misc/mr/gear.jpg

Don't adjust your monitors, my stuff is left handed. From left to right:

Midi Controller

Fender "Parts-o-caster" - One guitar built from my favorite bits of three different Fender Strats.

Rivera Fandango 55w Head w/ 2x12 cabinet.

Custom shop Gibson Les Paul - basically a standard R6, but with a custom fatter neck carve. That coupled with the fact it's a lefty, and the super rare Brazilain rosewood fretboard, make it the only guitar like it in the world.

I'll drag the pedal board out later and snap a shot.

1337cowsgomoo
Aug 2, 2007, 05:46 PM
I play a couple instruments...

2001-built carved upright bass (Paesold)

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/170/363701461_b13a006a45.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/104/363701393_96697f5733.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/176/363701244_e7025ee408.jpg

drums..

Pearl Exports w/ Evans G2's, and Sabian B8's (practice kit)

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/154/363701550_0fcf5be810.jpg

Not shown: Fender Strat (2000), Fender Jazz Bass (2003), Baldwin Piano (19??)

PCRanger
Aug 2, 2007, 06:00 PM
Pearl ELX, Sabian AAX + HHX cymbals, Tama Iron Cobra double pedal etc...:o

JurgenWigg
Aug 2, 2007, 08:44 PM
This is pretty cool! I'll post pictures of my Mark VI bari sax and Selmer Serie III alto when i get back from camping this weekend!

Killyp
Aug 3, 2007, 10:09 AM
Finally took the pics.

Piano:
http://img474.imageshack.us/img474/7904/dsc0795zi4.jpg
45 year old (ish) reconditioned Steck, pretty generic looking, and it sounds kinda generic as well, but it's got nice bite to it.

Now out to my playroom (studio):
Accordion:
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/9057/accordiantd2.jpg
It's not a full-sized proper accordion, just a little mini one. It's only ever in the key of A or the relative minor C.

Some random acoustic:
http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/1985/acoudp1.jpg

Peavey Milestone III bass:
http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/6885/bass1rt9.jpg
It's actually a pretty damn fine bass, which I wasn't expecting for the price. Very nicely made and sounds wonderful. Not the easiest bass to play at the price though.

You can also see my Moogerfooger and old-skool Yamaha desk there. It's great for getting really warm, beefy sounds and distortion. I use the Moogerfooger as a pre-amp (does this really well), and boy can it make some far out sounds!

Cornet (in need of some tlc :D):
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/2152/cornetys3.jpg

Teak Didgeridoo:
http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/4493/didoosp2.jpg

Djembe:
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/7306/djemberl9.jpg

Semi Old-skool Technics keyboard:
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/6374/technicsix9.jpg
Great for really naff synth sounds and Basement Jaxx style beats if you beef it up a bit.

Random percussion (and some recorders):
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/7407/percod7.jpg

Some random mini acoustic:
http://img480.imageshack.us/img480/3355/miniacousd4.jpg

An old Maya electric (only one set of humbuckers are working):
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/8784/mayaelechc5.jpg
If anybody could tell me anything about this guitar, other than how crap it is, I'd be grateful.

An old organ synth, great for cheesy organ sounds:
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/8263/dsc0788oi9.jpg

My favourite MIDI controller:
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/4232/midicontroller1ll6.jpg

My mini controller:
http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/1429/midicontroller2vb8.jpg
I usually use this just to trigger samples or if I really can't bring a full sized controller with me.

Peavey MicroBass + Bongos:
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/2631/dsc0792zc1.jpg

What I record stuff™ with:
http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5791/mic1eu4.jpg
I have loads of other Mics too, but this is by far the best. Great for recording anything from vocals, to a piano or drums. Obviously it's mono, so I've used two in the past to record a choir. Worked very well.

My MoogerFooger Envelope Controlled Filter/sound-**cker-upper:
http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/6673/moogerfoogerlw4.jpg
Love this to bits.

Drums:
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/1830/drumsfw1.jpg
Ludwig kit + Meinl cymbals

Other stuff I could show (because I didn't want to post too-longa thread) included the evolution control surface (works wonders with Reason :D), the monitors and cabs and the other weird stuff I use (like a PC).

Shotglass
Aug 3, 2007, 10:25 AM
I love how the Alesis looks. What's that thing on top of the right Samson?

Killyp
Aug 3, 2007, 10:34 AM
Oh that's just a box I keep some of my cheaper Mics in.

cschreppel
Aug 3, 2007, 03:48 PM
My kit at various recording sessions:

Pacific CX Maple - Silver Sparkle
Zildjian K Customs all around
DW9000 pedal
DW Hardware

cschreppel
Aug 3, 2007, 03:53 PM
Other various toys I've had the luxury of working on -- even if I don't own them...

maccompaq
Aug 3, 2007, 04:57 PM
Here is one of my Hammond organs. It is a very nice sounding instrument.

PhillStew
Aug 3, 2007, 05:06 PM
My custom ordered DW Collector's Maple kit in Broken Glass.

Specs are:
7x10 Tom
8x12 Tom
11x14 Floor Tom
13x16 Floor Tom
5x14 Snare (10+6)
6x10 Snare (10+6)
18x20 Kick

All Hardware and pedals is DW 9000 Series.
Cymbals are all from Sabain's AA, AAX, or HH lines.

saxondale.
Aug 3, 2007, 05:14 PM
You have a lovely kit :) Massive fan of DW's

cschreppel
Aug 3, 2007, 05:35 PM
I second that. Gorgeous kit. That Broken Glass finish has been a favorite of mine for awhile now...the closest I could get with my Pacific was the Silver Sparkle...which is timeless itself.

Maybe if I let it get a little moldy and yellow it'll look better :)

Killyp
Aug 3, 2007, 06:33 PM
Other various toys I've had the luxury of working on -- even if I don't own them...

That looks like an SSL console in the first image. The biggest desk I've worked with was also an SSL, 88 channels (I think)! Motorised as well :D

cschreppel
Aug 3, 2007, 07:46 PM
That looks like an SSL console in the first image. The biggest desk I've worked with was also an SSL, 88 channels (I think)! Motorised as well :D

Yup! Here's the consoles from the top left moving clockwise:

1. SSL 4000G
2. Yamaha DM2000 Digital Console
3. SSL 4000G+
4. Neve V Series w/ Flying Faders

Killyp
Aug 4, 2007, 01:29 PM
Yup! Here's the consoles from the top left moving clockwise:

1. SSL 4000G
2. Yamaha DM2000 Digital Console
3. SSL 4000G+
4. Neve V Series w/ Flying Faders

I hate you :D

DJMastaWes
Aug 4, 2007, 02:50 PM
Finally took the pics.
Some random mini acoustic:
http://img480.imageshack.us/img480/3355/miniacousd4.jpg

Drums:
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/1830/drumsfw1.jpg
Ludwig kit + Meinl cymbals

the "mini acoustic" is actually a spanish/classical guitar.

And tell your drummer to fix those tom angles.

joshwest
Aug 4, 2007, 04:19 PM
http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=289727&stc=1
http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=289726&stc=1
http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=289748&stc=1

9x13
14x16
16x18
16x24

Ludwig Classic Maples

6.5x14 ludwig black beauty snare
5.5 Yamaha Jimmy Chamberlin Snare
(Also have a 6x14 Cast Bronze Dw "Freese" Snare)

14" A Zil New Beats
18" A Custom Medium Crash
21" Sweet Ride x2 (as crash's)
21" Rock Ride
18" China Boy High

About to replace the Medium Crash and one of the Sweet rides with A Custom Projection Crash's a 18 & 19

All Dw Cymbals Stands, Eliminator Pedal's HH and Kick

Killyp
Aug 4, 2007, 04:49 PM
the "mini acoustic" is actually a spanish/classical guitar.

And tell your drummer to fix those tom angles.

I know, but I'm 1. ignorant and 2. my own drummer (and that's how I like it). :D

Yah I won :)

cschreppel
Aug 4, 2007, 09:10 PM
I hate you :D

Yeah. I was pretty lucky for awhile there. The current studio I'm working out of doesn't have the need for such a large board, but we're working on a Yamaha 02R96 (basically the DM2000's little brother...other than the DM1000).

But we've got some killer mics and outboard gear which definitely makes up for the lack of a sweet analog board.

cschreppel
Aug 4, 2007, 09:11 PM
9x13
14x16
16x18
16x24

Ludwig Classic Maples

6.5x14 ludwig black beauty snare
5.5 Yamaha Jimmy Chamberlin Snare
(Also have a 6x14 Cast Bronze Dw "Freese" Snare)

14" A Zil New Beats
18" A Custom Medium Crash
21" Sweet Ride x2 (as crash's)
21" Rock Ride
18" China Boy High

About to replace the Medium Crash and one of the Sweet rides with A Custom Projection Crash's a 18 & 19

All Dw Cymbals Stands, Eliminator Pedal's HH and Kick

Beautiful kit man! I recorded one of those, but with a 26" kick. One of the most fun to play on as well...

Killyp
Aug 5, 2007, 07:18 AM
Yeah. I was pretty lucky for awhile there. The current studio I'm working out of doesn't have the need for such a large board, but we're working on a Yamaha 02R96 (basically the DM2000's little brother...other than the DM1000).

But we've got some killer mics and outboard gear which definitely makes up for the lack of a sweet analog board.

I'm prolly gonna get my Yamaha desk serviced (MR1242). A lot of the gain controls are very dodgy (nothing until about 75% and then BOOMF it's all there), two of the potentiometers don't work and only two of them actually light up. It generally needs a bit of work, but I'm sure it'll be worth it. It's very flexible when it comes to BUS routing etc...

Fiveos22
Aug 14, 2007, 07:38 AM
My baby...only six years old, but she's already got a rich bass sound and a quick response on the high end. Too bad I am steadily losing the ability to pull those sounds because I don't have the time to practice.

http://att.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=196422&d=1254085032

bowzer
Aug 14, 2007, 08:39 AM
3 Technics 1200 MK2's
Ecler NUO5 Mixer
M-Audio Oxygen 8 Midi Keyboard
FinalScratch 2
KRK Rokit 8 Monitors, and KRK RP10 Subwoofer
http://www.bowzer.net/stuff/bowz_aug07-djsetup.jpg

Close up of the NUO5
http://www.bowzer.net/stuff/bowz_aug07-mixer.jpg

ejb190
Aug 21, 2007, 09:52 AM
Put in another vote for brass!

I have a Yamaha YEP-201 Euphonium (or baritone) with a Schilke 51D mouthpeice. I used a Besson in high school that looked like it had been hit by a truck, but sounded wonderful.

Yamaha's YBH-301S Baritone Horn is a lot of fun to play as well.

maccompaq
Aug 21, 2007, 10:03 AM
What does a good set of drums cost these days?

whooleytoo
Aug 21, 2007, 07:53 PM
http://www.pulltooth.com/Flutes.jpg

DJMastaWes
Aug 22, 2007, 12:36 AM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1361/1185033198_d8b7ad1749_o.jpg

DoFoT9
Aug 22, 2007, 12:45 AM
What does a good set of drums cost these days?

>$1000 anything pearl and zildjian is good :P

sig chad smith snare...
k kustom ride
a kustom (broken) crash
piccolo snare
standard toms and double kick
the top pic is of my kit, pearl with zildjian (naturally :p).
http://i9.tinypic.com/4mjwpza.jpg

the 2nd pic is when we played at school one night, boy that was fun.
http://i10.tinypic.com/6by0tpj.jpg

DJMastaWes
Aug 22, 2007, 12:56 AM
>$1000 anything pearl and zildjian is good :P

sig chad smith snare...
k kustom ride
a kustom (broken) crash
piccolo snare
standard toms and double kick
the top pic is of my kit, pearl with zildjian (naturally :p).
http://i9.tinypic.com/4mjwpza.jpg

the 2nd pic is when we played at school one night, boy that was fun.
http://i10.tinypic.com/6by0tpj.jpg

w00t. Pearl!
Although, I'm a Sabian man.

DoFoT9
Aug 22, 2007, 12:57 AM
w00t. Pearl!
Although, I'm a Sabian man.

tsktsktsk *shakes head* haha nah lol. havent had any personal experience with sabian, i just like what im used to

we agree on pearl tho so im happy :)

andy5000
Aug 22, 2007, 04:33 AM
Yamaha Beech Custom
20" Bass Drum
10, 12, 14" toms (12 not shown)
12" Dw collectors series snare
14" Istanbul Mel Lewis Hi hats
18" Istanbul sultan crash
21" Istanbul agop ride
18" Istanbul traditional china

Love it to bits. I play a fair amount of jazz so kit suits me down to the ground.
Also in the pic is my mbp and various mics, got some new ones now which are connected to my digidesign digi 002 rack and focusrite preamps.

maccompaq
Aug 22, 2007, 06:27 AM
Nice

Schtumple
Sep 18, 2007, 08:03 PM
Epiphone SG, bought from LA :D
Generic Cheapy Brand Telecaster, painted white by me and my girlfriend
Generic Cheapy Brand Strat, soon to be my pride and joy, I fitted it with some fender noiseless pickups :D

ErikCLDR
Sep 18, 2007, 08:48 PM
This is our early 1900's Brambach baby grand. Cherry case, ivory keys. (It's really dusty)

I am in no way musically talented.

I love the reflections in the window.

jvencius
Sep 23, 2007, 07:28 AM
Here's mine: it's a Kron #1B and even though I ripped the pictures off the vendor's (http://www.toneczar.com) website this is the instrument I play. Chris (the guy running Toneczar) had never sold a #1B model before mine so he took pictures of it for his site before shipping it to me.

Killyp
Sep 23, 2007, 01:25 PM
Yamaha Beech Custom
20" Bass Drum
10, 12, 14" toms (12 not shown)
12" Dw collectors series snare
14" Istanbul Mel Lewis Hi hats
18" Istanbul sultan crash
21" Istanbul agop ride
18" Istanbul traditional china

Love it to bits. I play a fair amount of jazz so kit suits me down to the ground.
Also in the pic is my mbp and various mics, got some new ones now which are connected to my digidesign digi 002 rack and focusrite preamps.

What mics do you use?

andy5000
Sep 23, 2007, 01:55 PM
err in that photo there is samson c01 (condensor)
audio technica drum mic kit (on toms and snare)
samson c02 pencil mic (bass drum)
think thats it in that photo.
Overall i have:
Samson C01
Samson C02 x2
Audio Technica drum mic kit (4 tom/bass drum mics, 1 snare)
Studio Projects c1 (i think) x 2

Going to get an sm57 for snare an akg for bass drum but i bought a roland hd1 digital kit instead:S

Counterfit
Sep 23, 2007, 02:33 PM
This is our early 1900's Brambach baby grand. Cherry case, ivory keys. (It's really dusty)

I am in no way musically talented.

I love the reflections in the window.

My father used to be a piano mover in the BCF* days. He told me he and a crew spent a while getting this full size Steinway perfectly centered in front of a bay window. When they were done, the lady who bought it said "It looks great, now someone has to learn how to play it." :rolleyes:

I don't have any pictures of my trumpet, and it's kinda beat up from marching season, and needs to be cleaned, but it's an everyday run of the mill, Bach Stradivarius.

I aughta slap you for using a Stradivarius for marching!
I'm gonna learn tuba and coronet, too
Coronet was a Dodge, cornet is the horn. :p
...and does music theory count as an instrument? haha
YES!
Put in another vote for brass!

I have a Yamaha YEP-201 Euphonium (or baritone) with a Schilke 51D mouthpeice. I used a Besson in high school that looked like it had been hit by a truck, but sounded wonderful.

Yamaha's YBH-301S Baritone Horn is a lot of fun to play as well.

Any YEP-### is a euphonium, NEVER a baritone horn (yes there's a difference.) You should probably move to a 321 if possible, 4th valves FTW.

I also play a Besson. It's an oooold Sovereign, lacquer, with a 12" bell. I also have a Bach Stradivarius 36B, an old Besson baritone (3 valve compensating), and I'm playing my King Tempo 600 trumpet again for a class. I play my school's Conn 83H bass trombone fairly often too. I used to have a Rogue bass, but I had it for about 6 years, and never really got around to learning how to play it, so I gave it to my brother.

Who wants to help me make a tromboon? :D

*: Before Counterfit.

nlivo
Sep 23, 2007, 08:21 PM
my drum kit.....

oxeneers
Sep 23, 2007, 09:46 PM

oxeneers
Sep 23, 2007, 09:48 PM
Awesome thread. I'm a grind/post-rock player, so naturally, I have some weird stuff. I was in a band that toured for three years (myspace.com/Capistrano), but I recently left to pursue other interests. (Living in a van with 3 guys who you are nothing like is a difficult process).

Peavey 6505+
Peavey 4x12 Vintage Cab
(2005) Epiphone Les Paul Custom Limited Edition
Boss Pedal Board
Boss Chromatic Tuner (TU-2)
Boss Noise Reduction (NS-2)
Boss Digital Delay (DD-6)
Boss LoopStation

JesLam07
Sep 25, 2007, 12:30 PM
Here's pictures of my drumset, snare drum, and a totally cool looking picture of my piano. There's pics of my Bass guitar and acoustic guitar too.

The brand of my drumset is Ludwig and the color is metallic blue. I'm not going to bother naming the drums sizes and all that. I mostly use Ludwig and remo heads on my drums, but occasionally I use Evans. The cymbals I use are Sabian B8 & Zildjian Planet Z mostly. I use a few random cymbals too. All of my cymbals aren't even in this picture. My snare is a Royce Pro Custom and I love it. It's my baby. And the piano came form my grandma, who taught piano all of her life. I only know mostly basic stuff on the piano and guitars and I can play a few songs.

Tom B.
Sep 25, 2007, 01:44 PM
http://www.betalogue.com/images/uploads/macosx/GarageBand3-StartUpWindow.jpg
I'm surprised that no one had posted that yet! :D

Rhosfelt
Sep 25, 2007, 02:48 PM
That is because I use this :P

haha I'd like to get into producing/recording/starting my own label..I am going to start working on a recording studio in my basement for the local bands to use.. That is going to get expensive though haha:rolleyes:

I have no natural music talent :P all my finders can do is type :(

bartelby
Sep 25, 2007, 02:52 PM
I have no natural music talent :P all my finders can do is type :(

Your fingers don't seem too good at that either...:D

Rhosfelt
Sep 25, 2007, 02:55 PM
Your fingers don't seem too good at that either...:D

I blame the allergy medication I am on :P

ErikCLDR
Sep 26, 2007, 05:38 PM
My father used to be a piano mover in the BCF* days. He told me he and a crew spent a while getting this full size Steinway perfectly centered in front of a bay window. When they were done, the lady who bought it said "It looks great, now someone has to learn how to play it." :rolleyes:

My sister used to play it so its not entirely pointless. :p

When we moved from my old house to my new house the movers almost broke it. Apparently the legs slide off the opposite way than most pianos. :confused::rolleyes:

switchstance
Oct 16, 2007, 10:36 AM
My custom drumset!
Very sparkly.

DoFoT9
Oct 16, 2007, 05:45 PM
My custom drumset!
Very sparkly.

wow very very very nice mr lefty :p. lol.

have u ever played with zildjian cymbals?? how would u say they go compared to your sabians?

switchstance
Oct 16, 2007, 05:51 PM
wow very very very nice mr lefty :p. lol.

have u ever played with zildjian cymbals?? how would u say they go compared to your sabians?
haha...yes, im unique with a unique kit :P
Well ive played sabians for 10 years...they sound nice, its hard to compare sabian and zildjian since its really general, if you specified a series in each i could help you out...but as of now is time for a change...so im buying all new zildjian A-customs.

Ive already started replacing my cymbals...I just got the a custom 18" china and 18" oriental china.

DoFoT9
Oct 16, 2007, 07:34 PM
haha...yes, im unique with a unique kit :P
Well ive played sabians for 10 years...they sound nice, its hard to compare sabian and zildjian since its really general, if you specified a series in each i could help you out...but as of now is time for a change...so im buying all new zildjian A-customs.

Ive already started replacing my cymbals...I just got the a custom 18" china and 18" oriental china.

well actually lol yea i was gonna ask what the A customs are like compared to like the AA or AAX?? i have some experience with the A customs, just havent had any experience with the sabians.....

sycho
Oct 16, 2007, 09:38 PM
I'm very slowly learning the drums...
Pearl Forums with some not so good Cymbals... "meteor" High-hat and Crash... :S

I am not using the floor tom, so I moved the larger rack tom to it's position.

I will likely be trying the sabian crash for a ride and be getting a budget china and splash...

Yeah, I set them up funny...

Don't mind the underwear on the floor either...

gamerz
Oct 16, 2007, 11:17 PM
Im Sad :(

Nobody has a glass piano.

I mihgt post my piano, nothing special, got it re-stained after 90 some odd years (its been in the family forever).

Foxglove9
Oct 20, 2007, 01:24 AM
Here's a photo of me playing live (a few years ago) with some of my instruments.

Pictured: Korg MS2000, SIDStation, Airsynth, and Mixer

I have a lot more synths but nothing else photographed at the moment.

yg17
Oct 20, 2007, 01:47 AM
Close enough :D

DoFoT9
Oct 21, 2007, 04:20 AM
Close enough :D

hahahahahahahaha very nice. i have a pommy friend who is absolutely amazing. can pretty much nail every song. meanwhile im there on the easiest level failing bahahaha.

Nov 2, 2007, 01:22 PM
Okay, so. In order of appearance:

Cort GB34A
Cort Action 4
Both of the above
Lefty Westfield Strat
Righty Squier Strat

Chillijam
Nov 2, 2007, 02:08 PM
I've taken a few (bad) photos of some of my gear, and put them onto picasaweb. Unfortunately, I'll probably have to sell most of this gear soon. Ho-hum. Never mind.

Anyway, have a linky -> http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/developermarc/Guitars

:)

And some quick attachments as a taster...

apsterling
Apr 2, 2008, 11:21 PM
OMG Necropost.

Anyway, here's my Ludwig kit. This might be one of the last months I play it, as I'm considering upgrading to a Ddrum Dominion AMX (Redburst or Orange). If I don't I might refinish my current kit.

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/6011/kit1jl3.jpg

and an Aerial view

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/8920/kit2ii0.jpg

Yeah, I know my Planet Z's suck, and the crash has a terrible near-chip-crack on it, but it still works, and I'm most comfortable with said cymbal.
The snare came from a Glock and Snare kit, and many modifications later it sounds wonderful.

Also, you can see my drumming on my YouTube: youtube.com/apsterling

ZiggyPastorius
Apr 2, 2008, 11:27 PM
I've posted these photos in another thread, but they seem relevant here, too.

M-Audio Keystation 49e
Roland V-Tour TD-6S (http://rolandus.com/products/details.asp?catid=5&subcatid=22&prodid=TD%2D6S) electronic drum set
Hohner chromatic accordion (c-system, 120 bass)

You have officially made me feel like a poor, envious piece of crap :p

As for my stuff, just..a Macbook, cheap keyboard for kids, my custom fretless fender jazz bass, ibanez acoustic-electric bass, a trombone, french horn, tenor saxaphone, and a cheap guitar that I don't play.

Victor ch
Apr 2, 2008, 11:39 PM
Fair enough?? :p http://www.jpjuegos.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/windowslivewriterpaquetedeguitarheroiiilegendsoftherock-10ab3guitar-hero-3-set2.jpg

Victor

aerove
Apr 3, 2008, 01:09 AM
heh heh.. this thread has just jumpstarted after lying dormant since nov last year!!:eek:

DoFoT9
Apr 3, 2008, 03:46 AM
OMG Necropost.

Anyway, here's my Ludwig kit. This might be one of the last months I play it, as I'm considering upgrading to a Ddrum Dominion AMX (Redburst or Orange). If I don't I might refinish my current kit.

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/6011/kit1jl3.jpg

and an Aerial view

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/8920/kit2ii0.jpg

Yeah, I know my Planet Z's suck, and the crash has a terrible near-chip-crack on it, but it still works, and I'm most comfortable with said cymbal.
The snare came from a Glock and Snare kit, and many modifications later it sounds wonderful.

Also, you can see my drumming on my YouTube: youtube.com/apsterling

nice playing man, checked your youtube site. pretty accurate. id just say listen to your music a bit more and youll be sweet as.

nice setup you need a few more of those A customs aye :p

also a good choice of sticks eheh

apsterling
Apr 3, 2008, 09:04 AM
nice playing man, checked your youtube site. pretty accurate. id just say listen to your music a bit more and youll be sweet as.

nice setup you need a few more of those A customs aye :p

also a good choice of sticks eheh

Thanks for the compliment!

Haha, yeah, my cymbals are mostly crap: having only half of my cymbals good makes the rest of my kit sound worse than it is.

I've been using ProMark's sticks since I began playing, and I have a tough time with anything else. :p

backsidetailsli
Apr 3, 2008, 10:26 AM
I've taken a few (bad) photos of some of my gear, and put them onto picasaweb. Unfortunately, I'll probably have to sell most of this gear soon. Ho-hum. Never mind.

Anyway, have a linky -> http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/developermarc/Guitars

:)

And some quick attachments as a taster...

good call on the g&l

deathbyart
Apr 3, 2008, 10:28 AM
Well crap, this is the only I can find right now. I will have to go digging for more...
This was taken in a studio in Dallas a few years back.
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m45/deathBydsgn/529711713_l.jpg

Rhosfelt
Apr 3, 2008, 10:36 AM
Here's a photo of me playing live (a few years ago) with some of my instruments.

Pictured: Korg MS2000, SIDStation, Airsynth, and Mixer

I have a lot more synths but nothing else photographed at the moment.

You look eerily like your icon in this picture hahaha

In all seriousness do you have anything recorded on purevolume or anything?

DoFoT9
Apr 3, 2008, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the compliment!

Haha, yeah, my cymbals are mostly crap: having only half of my cymbals good makes the rest of my kit sound worse than it is.

I've been using ProMark's sticks since I began playing, and I have a tough time with anything else. :p

haha yea my cymbals are getting crap. i.e. ive broken my A custom crash. :( but i still have my K custom ride/crash and its so awsome to play.

i actually used to use zildjian 5B's. but my gf bought me some promarks and i havent looked back since (she has no idea about drumming but lol, it was just by chance).
i really profer the Ahead sticks by head, they are absolutely amazing things to play with. perfectly balanced. not sure if you know them, but they are metal (carbon and titanium i think) sticks which have a plastic cover on the outside that you hit on the cymbals. when the plastic gets damaged enough you just replace that instead of the whole stick. its really cost effective...until you break the metal part which ive done too many times lol.

apsterling
Apr 3, 2008, 07:16 PM
haha yea my cymbals are getting crap. i.e. ive broken my A custom crash. :( but i still have my K custom ride/crash and its so awsome to play.

i actually used to use zildjian 5B's. but my gf bought me some promarks and i havent looked back since (she has no idea about drumming but lol, it was just by chance).
i really profer the Ahead sticks by head, they are absolutely amazing things to play with. perfectly balanced. not sure if you know them, but they are metal (carbon and titanium i think) sticks which have a plastic cover on the outside that you hit on the cymbals. when the plastic gets damaged enough you just replace that instead of the whole stick. its really cost effective...until you break the metal part which ive done too many times lol.

Yeah, A Customs (HiHat aside) are very thin, and easy to break.
I might try those sticks, but does it brighten the tone a ton?

thechidz
Apr 3, 2008, 07:28 PM
my purty babies

a Hippner Hauser and an Aparicio AA152

DoFoT9
Apr 3, 2008, 09:16 PM
Yeah, A Customs (HiHat aside) are very thin, and easy to break.
I might try those sticks, but does it brighten the tone a ton?

hhmm not that ive found. if anything it makes it sound deeper and more solid. easier to play aswell, and blisters are pretty much all gone!

wedgeseven
Apr 19, 2008, 12:53 AM

faintember
Apr 21, 2008, 08:41 PM
Group Shot:
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/8405/groupinstim2.jpg
Left to right: Mark VII Alto, Terry Riley twin chamber vessel flute, Super Balanced Action Tenor, Mark VI Baritone, Fender 5-string Jazz Bass (top), G4 iMac (top right)

Selmer Mark VII Alto (1974)
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/8011/mk7altozk4.th.jpg (http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mk7altozk4.jpg)

Selmer Super Balanced Action Tenor (1952)
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/4066/sbatenoroh6.th.jpg (http://img181.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sbatenoroh6.jpg)

Selmer Mark VI Low A Bari (1964)
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/50/mk6abariyd7.th.jpg (http://img90.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mk6abariyd7.jpg)

Terry Riley twin chamber vessel flute
http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/4039/trtwinocth4.th.jpg (http://img409.imageshack.us/my.php?image=trtwinocth4.jpg)

hysonmbs
Dec 2, 2009, 02:08 AM
http://www.hysonmusic.com/catalog/tr301h.jpg

Here's a picture of my favourite instrument-trumpet. I got it at HysonMusic (http://www.hysonmusic.com) and it’s a Yamaha Bb Trumpet. I am looking for a trumpet for advanced students. Any ideas?

wvuwhat
Dec 2, 2009, 02:21 AM
This one time...At band camp.......

mzd
Dec 2, 2009, 10:22 AM
wow, quite a few drummers on here...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3445/3387569078_1b70cbe411.jpg

http://mywebspace.wisc.edu/msherry2/web/img/brink_crop.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3070/2587066755_7927910fcb.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3015/2609763458_0024b1acaa.jpg

rhythmac
Dec 2, 2009, 10:59 AM

yeah....there are a lot of drummers here! I think I'll start a drummers thread so we can see all the kits in one place or maybe one of the mods can do that for us!.

Nice pictures of your kit....nice kit and cymbal set-up, btw

DoFoT9
Dec 2, 2009, 03:45 PM

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3445/3387569078_1b70cbe411.jpg

http://mywebspace.wisc.edu/msherry2/web/img/brink_crop.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3070/2587066755_7927910fcb.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3015/2609763458_0024b1acaa.jpg
thats a very sexy drum kit! (not that i agree with the brand your using ;) :p) :D

yeah....there are a lot of drummers here! I think I'll start a drummers thread so we can see all the kits in one place or maybe one of the mods can do that for us!.

Nice pictures of your kit....nice kit and cymbal set-up, btw

please do start a drumming thread :) i dont think there is one setup yet!

NeuralControl
Dec 4, 2009, 11:28 PM
Great looking finish on that Mapex. What are the specs on the Sabian China?

genshi
Dec 5, 2009, 12:27 AM
Pic 1: My bedroom studio (Synths & Electronics)
Pic 2: The living room (Guitars and Hand Drums)
...many other instruments not seen in either photo.

angelcleff
Aug 17, 2010, 02:08 AM
okk i got tons to show and a lot im not going to even list
i have a harmonica, trumpet, ukulele....
i own 3 bass guitars
1 i bought
2 i made

ill start with the one i bought a while back when i first started:
its a fender hoppus sig in daphne blue!
http://usera.imagecave.com/backsidetailslide/mybass-copy.jpg

my first bass that i made is, as you can see a replica of the misfits (jerry only's) custom devastator. you cant obviously buy one, since he made his... so i made mine!
heres a link to my build progress album:* http://hs.facebook.com/album.php?aid=57&l=0a98c&id=1350420078

and heres a little sample for the lazy ones:
http://photos-g.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v45/198/63/1350420078/n1350420078_1206_5068.jpg

next up is my recent build! its a precision bass and it is very nice indeed:
album: http://hs.facebook.com/album.php?aid=85&l=38e37&id=1350420078

tease:
http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v63/198/63/1350420078/n1350420078_6112_1193.jpg

ye. they make me happy* ;D

k so those are the axes. now the rig
what i have is an Ampeg Svt-4 Pro head, Korg DTR 2000 rack tuner, Skb Case and an Ampeg 410Hlf cab with a pimped grill
http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v123/198/63/1350420078/n1350420078_18379_8471.jpg

weeeee

Dude! i love you P bass!!:p
is beautiful! noo.. more than beautiful!! :eek:
i clicked the link to the facebook gallery but it appears that it doesnt exist any more :(
i really want to see that p bass in differnt angles ! :o
dou you still have pictures of it ?
if so can you send me ones to my email please :(??
or upload them again to your facebook :confused:
i want to appreciate it in diffent angles for sure :cool:

pleasee! :(

my email
angel_sheehan@hotmail.com :)

mzd
Aug 17, 2010, 09:51 AM
Great looking finish on that Mapex. What are the specs on the Sabian China?

woah, thought this thread was dead...
thanks! it is an 18" HHX Chinese. trashy with a very quick decay. love it.

admjhndly
Aug 17, 2010, 01:50 PM
one of three, I also have a 12-string and a bass guitar.

Mr. McMac
Aug 17, 2010, 02:06 PM
I bought and sold many basses in the 40 years I've been playing. These are what I currently own. (All made in the USA)

2006 Fender Deluxe Jazz
1992 Fender Urge
1979 Kramer DMZ5000 (Aluminum Neck)

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q146/atbglenn/Basses/DSC_0418.jpg
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q146/atbglenn/Basses/DSC_3238.jpg

jesses
Aug 17, 2010, 11:16 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs112.snc4/35938_451554887111_735017111_6316589_1370026_n.jpg

'84 MIJ Strat and a Martin 000X1.
Boss BD-2 and Ibanez ts9 are the pedals.
Blues Jr. is the amp.

brmaki
Aug 22, 2010, 03:01 PM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4117/4917431156_fa0bdcbd54_z.jpg

My music making area. I just finished recording a bunch of songs by a friend which was a lot of fun but I'm excited to get back to writing some stuff of my own too. It's a lot of fun although I'd like to lay things out a little better and I need a bigger desk for sure.

Gear List:
-No name Banjo, was my grandfather's
-Late 80s Fender Acoustic-Electric
-2002 Fender MIM Jazz Bass w/ Leo Quann Badass II bridge and Duncan 1/4 lb pickups
-1978 Ibanez Artist
-1970(ish) Fender Champ
-Ampeg BA115 (not pictured)
-Volume Pedal
-Boss Tuner, Tremolo, RC-2 Looper and DD-3 Delay
- EHX Holy Grail Nano and Stereo Memory Man w/ Hazarai
-Rat II
-M-Audio Axiom 25
-Alesis Micron
-Apogee Duet
-KRK RP6 G2's
-Shure SM57
-Rode NT1-A
-Sterling Audio ST31
-Logic Pro 8
-Macbook

lewis82
Aug 22, 2010, 03:20 PM
Group Shot:
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/8405/groupinstim2.jpg
Left to right: Mark VII Alto, Terry Riley twin chamber vessel flute, Super Balanced Action Tenor, Mark VI Baritone, Fender 5-string Jazz Bass (top), G4 iMac (top right)

Selmer Mark VII Alto (1974)
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/8011/mk7altozk4.th.jpg (http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mk7altozk4.jpg)

Selmer Super Balanced Action Tenor (1952)
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/4066/sbatenoroh6.th.jpg (http://img181.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sbatenoroh6.jpg)

Selmer Mark VI Low A Bari (1964)
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/50/mk6abariyd7.th.jpg (http://img90.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mk6abariyd7.jpg)

Terry Riley twin chamber vessel flute
http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/4039/trtwinocth4.th.jpg (http://img409.imageshack.us/my.php?image=trtwinocth4.jpg)

Nice :)

I don't own a sax but I'd love to. College is not cheap, though (as are good quality saxophones), and since I'll move in an apartment next year, it won't be possible to play at all.

Kirgan
Aug 28, 2010, 07:15 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs057.snc4/35233_1543977837635_1180674054_31561696_4892699_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs037.ash2/35233_1543977797634_1180674054_31561695_4811735_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs230.snc4/38859_1543979477676_1180674054_31561697_3651888_n.jpg

http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/images/ep/epiphone-dot-studio-archtop-worn-sunburst.jpg

Epiphone Dot Studio - Vintage Worn sunburst. Played through a Peavey Vypyr 30 watt amp :)

Xavier
Aug 28, 2010, 07:46 PM
Few things I get to work on. I left my iPod on the board.

D-Command
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/xavier853/0602001637.jpg

Patching to my favorite focusrite
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/xavier853/0602001637a.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/xavier853/0607002143.jpg

MasterBlue69
Nov 8, 2010, 02:43 AM
I've just uploaded a bunch of pictures of just some of our stuff... it says I have 79 pictures left to upload to... not sure if I can even get the rest of the pictures I have in.. I'm going to elimate a few that have the same guitars in them twice.. like the pic of me with my ovation double.. I still have over thirty guitars and basses I've not even taken pics of yet.. so will try to think of the best way to get as much in as possible.. I'm not including the little pull behind trailor with all the live sound equip either... I'm by no means of the word, rich.. rather I'm very poor.. I have just spent most of my life collecting and putting my gear together... plus I do not still own all of the instruments, they are just pics of some of my favorites over the years as well as what I still own now... my studio is ran off the G5 and three of the pc's along with an Alesis HD24, a carvin S/L24 mixing desk, Tascam 238 syncassette (in for repair), racks of different effects units and a wall of amplifiers to get those old rich tube sounds!! I boast that I can still deliver that Muscle Shoals "Sound" here in my humble little studio... I will try to get the present layout and all it's splender in the remaining pics allowed!! I hope you all enjoy!! It's small, cramped, and I share it with a washer-dryer.... but it's mine and it's home!!

bartelby
Jan 2, 2011, 09:19 AM
A new addition to my growing collection of basses, an NS Design's NXT4 EUB:
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5242/5315691811_f4abfdee67_b.jpg

Bfat567
Jan 2, 2011, 10:52 AM
My seven which was supposed to be sold but the deal fell through...

Kirgan
Jan 2, 2011, 12:02 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1130.snc4/149254_1694086790265_1180674054_31915543_5141855_n.jpg

Epiphone Dot Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30 Amp
Boss BCB-60 Pedal Board [With built in AC]
Pedals: Amp -> (Boss DD-6 Digital delay - MXR Phase 90 - MXR EVH Flanger - Boss DS-1 ) -> Guitar

And my most recent:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1223.snc4/155507_1754947151736_1180674054_32032577_1694563_n.jpg

Martin DX-1 Acoustic Guitar [Made in the USA edition]

ranviper
Jan 2, 2011, 12:33 PM
My custom drums. Hand painted by me. :D

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/9529/screenshot05j.jpg
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/2950/screenshot07n.jpg
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/4665/screenshot08n.jpg
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/5818/screenshot11bu.jpg

bobfitz14
Jan 2, 2011, 12:56 PM
My custom drums. Hand painted by me. :D

[IMGz]

double bass pedal + Zildjian cymbals = winwinwinwinwinwin.

wordoflife
Jan 2, 2011, 01:07 PM
Damn I wish I had my sax. I would've posted a pic :(
It was an Olds (I think?) Tenor Sax.

Jessica Lares
Jan 2, 2011, 01:12 PM
:P The keyboard is in the living room.

SkippyThorson
Jan 2, 2011, 04:26 PM
2 of my guitars at what I believe are the best photos I've gotten yet. I'm not so much a musician as I am a collector of things I like and want to have. :)

This was my first guitar. Just a Target special, a Washburn Lyon. Got it just because I'm a KISS fan, and it's Paul Stanley designed and "autographed".

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs098.ash2/38252_1515063484132_1460794000_31343459_7728236_n.jpg

My favorite guitar is a replica of Green Day frontman Billie Joe's guitar, named Blue. His is a Fernandez Strat, but this is a Jay Turser. A budget guitar, but the only one on the market still made in the same "Daphne Blue" color. It's designed to look just as it did at Woodstock in 1994, only mine is stock, with only 2 pickups.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs084.ash2/37549_1515060924068_1460794000_31343448_468525_n.jpg

His actual guitar, for comparison, is below.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs115.ash2/39092_1515161646586_1460794000_31343945_5564821_n.jpg

Melrose
Jan 2, 2011, 05:35 PM
I bought one of these for ten bucks last week:

http://www.flutesonline.com/shopping/clark_d.jpg

I can't play, but I love Irish music so I'm hoping to pick up a few simple traditional songs.

sampage
Jan 2, 2011, 07:48 PM
I use these to make chiptune. Both running a cart flashed with LSDJ. Lots of fun!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/444249/gameboys.jpg

ranviper
Jan 3, 2011, 12:03 AM
double bass pedal + Zildjian cymbals = winwinwinwinwinwin.

Hahaha, thanks. You right. Love my A customssss. :D

Benguitar
Jan 3, 2011, 05:47 PM
2008 Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 (left)
2010 Paul Reed Smith 25th Anniversary *one off* Custom 24 (right)
2005/1957 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop Reissue (not pictured)

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee180/Benguitar2/IMG_0933.jpg?t=1294098311

bobfitz14
Jan 3, 2011, 10:38 PM
Hahaha, thanks. You right. Love my A customssss. :D

one of my old friend's dad works for Zildjian, at the time i didn't realize how important connections are but now i do. end result: unfortunately i don't know i don't hang out with that kid anymore.. so no more free cymbals whenever i want... :mad::mad::mad:

ranviper
Jan 3, 2011, 11:29 PM
one of my old friend's dad works for Zildjian, at the time i didn't realize how important connections are but now i do. end result: unfortunately i don't know i don't hang out with that kid anymore.. so no more free cymbals whenever i want... :mad::mad::mad:

Oh snap! That sucks.

Give him a call? Tell him you miss your old friendship...lol

bov
Jan 4, 2011, 02:04 AM
2008 Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 (left)
2010 Paul Reed Smith 25th Anniversary *one off* Custom 24 (right)
2005/1957 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop Reissue (not pictured)

my my, beautiful PRS's my friend! i have a Custom 24 as well in Grey/Black, no pictures on hand tho :)

Benguitar
Jan 4, 2011, 11:37 AM
my my, beautiful PRS's my friend! i have a Custom 24 as well in Grey/Black, no pictures on hand tho :)

Nice! I love grey/black custom 24's. :)

sporadicMotion
Jan 10, 2011, 02:41 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/opiateESP/DSCN0432.jpg

I'm just beginning to shop for a new amp. I haven't owned a great amp since I moved across Canada a few years back. Here are the old ones.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/opiateESP/DSCF0209.jpg

Paul Graham
Jan 23, 2011, 05:43 PM
First -
DJ gear...

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v357/132/124/529484464/n529484464_1453715_9255.jpg

And somewhere between DJ and production gear...

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2633/132/124/529484464/n529484464_2316260_3731290.jpg

M-Audio Axiom 49 with my old Technics Seperates ( now sold & have some bbetter Technics seperates ) Thats a P4 rig over to the right which has now been upgraded and is in a Antec 900 awaiting a Gfx card.

Here's the P4 as it is now... ( still needs some cabble management and graphics card. )

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs365.snc3/23539_446389469464_529484464_5580529_274710_n.jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs425.ash1/23539_446389529464_529484464_5580537_3268523_n.jpg

I have more now inc numark twin cd's a vestax pmc 25 etc but its all in storage at present :(
Will get some pics up once we move!

And am learning to play guitar at the moment so picked these up for £140!

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs280.snc1/10730_179373099464_529484464_3718765_1273044_n.jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs280.snc1/10730_185380824464_529484464_3795747_3707669_n.jpg

macsert
Jan 31, 2011, 03:47 AM
My princess is called "Pearl Vision 100% Birch" :cool::D

iMav
May 25, 2011, 12:35 PM
3 + 1 compensating euphonium.

dovahkiinB0$$
Jun 9, 2013, 10:28 PM
I have two guitars, an acoustic and an electric, the acoustic being an Epiphone Gibson, and the electric is a Fender Harmony. It won't let me post pictures, though.

switchstance
Jun 9, 2013, 10:57 PM
Took a new picture of my sexy curvy lady.
PRS Modern Eagle

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/48136324/MEQ.jpg