Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doug in albq

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
Love this case.

http://www.targus.com/us/productdet...cts&cp=&bannertxt=for Mac Cases & Accessories

Any other case/stand set-ups less than $40 better than this one for the same price, please do share.

I did some extensive hands on comparing of this Targus case to the InCase model that is similar in look, function and price http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/book-jacket-cl57923 I prefer the the Targus. It feels much more durable and well-constructed when compared to the InCase, and I also did not like the band of leather around the entire bezel area of the iPad on the InCase model.

Last edited:

Bag302

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2009
I agree. In fact, I chose it over the $60 Targus 360 (which I think is the 2nd best case).

levels

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2008
I saw this one in Best Buy also. Looks pretty solid, but again no wake/sleep function. I find it rather amazing that the majority of companies are not incorporating this into their designs. Sure you may say it's not a big deal to have to press the button and then slide to unlock, but it's quite useful to just lift the smart cover and start using.

It must either be rather hard to incorporate into the design without having it shutoff when folding back, or Apple may be using some kind of technology that is not easy to duplicate- as in their type of magnets that don't do any damage to the iPad2. I just can't understand why else you wouldn't build this into EVERY case out there.

mwjd299

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2003
Santa Maria, CA
I saw this one in Best Buy also. Looks pretty solid, but again no wake/sleep function. I find it rather amazing that the majority of companies are not incorporating this into their designs. Sure you may say it's not a big deal to have to press the button and then slide to unlock, but it's quite useful to just lift the smart cover and start using.

It must either be rather hard to incorporate into the design without having it shutoff when folding back, or Apple may be using some kind of technology that is not easy to duplicate- as in their type of magnets that don't do any damage to the iPad2. I just can't understand why else you wouldn't build this into EVERY case out there.

I saw on another thread, can't remember where, but a guy taped a refrigerator magnet on the inside of the cover and the sleep/wake function worked. I tried it and he was right although I didn't leave it on.

burnside

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2010
Does it add that much weight or is the case pretty light? Also, can you lower the angle so that the bottom of the ipad touches the end of the case? I would think this would be a good angle for typing.

Looks like a good cover so far!

GadgetAddicted

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2009
I saw on another thread, can't remember where, but a guy taped a refrigerator magnet on the inside of the cover and the sleep/wake function worked. I tried it and he was right although I didn't leave it on.

PLEASE find that link!

kschles

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2008
Glad you guys like the Vuscape. Unfortunately, I wasn't so lucky. Got one at Best Buy in mid-March. It was the only Ipad 2 cover available except for the Apple Smart Covers. While the design and function is good in theory, mine didn't fit. I could get the Ipad into the top and middle latches (holders, whatever....), but the Ipad would sit on top of the bottom two latches.

It looks like it should loosely fit inside the bottom latches, so it can swing free for the various stand positions. Since it rested on top, I couldn't close the case at all. Took it back.

Built

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
I got the AYL...which is identical (just like the Yoobao Magic) and comes in a very nice Carbon Fiber...for about ten bucks less.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.