PDA

View Full Version : Toblino 2: Napa Leather Case. (Open Bezel, Auto Sleep Wake)

Pages : [1] 2

DaGrandMastah
Apr 8, 2011, 07:09 PM
I just saw this today. Does anyone know anything about it? It looks pretty good.

http://www.amazon.com/Toblino-Leather-Folio-Convertable-Multi-angle/dp/B004TM1JBE/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

archdelux
Apr 8, 2011, 08:09 PM
this is exactly what i've been looking for! It looks exactly like the Targus VuScape but with magnets.. anyone have this?

DaGrandMastah
Apr 8, 2011, 08:18 PM
this is exactly what i've been looking for! It looks exactly like the Targus VuScape but with magnets.. anyone have this?

I'm surprised I never heard of it either.

I found this review of the first version for the ipad 1. It looks really good and nice. I was looking for something like this but I was hoping someone would post a review before I commit to buying it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCBWpoYT6jY

DaGrandMastah
Apr 8, 2011, 10:16 PM
I changed the title to hopefully attract more people to this thread. I'm really REALLY intrigued by this case since it seems to have all fo the features I want but I was hoping someone had more info on the case. Looks like the reviews for the previous Toblino case are overwhemingly positive.

sotie
Apr 8, 2011, 10:36 PM
Looks good but I think they should have included one more slot for angled use. As it is now there isn't an angle to type on it.

N23
Apr 8, 2011, 11:02 PM
There is, watch the YouTube video. Case looks great, think I'll give it a try.

DaGrandMastah
Apr 9, 2011, 12:07 AM
The typing angle is the only angle that I really don't care about in just about any case since I don't see myself ever using it but I can see why it's important to some. That being said, the review seems to show that you can put it that way.

This looks like a really interesting case though. It stays shut and uses the sleep wake function.

Why can't Marware just release their cases! Ugh. I wish we at least had an actual date that they would ship.

kschles
Apr 9, 2011, 12:41 AM
Thanks for the heads-up about the case. After reading the reviews (including the reviews for the Ipad 1 version of the case), put in an order. I tried the Targus vuscape, which has an almost identical design (without the sleep/wake feature), but it was so poorly made, my Ipad 2 wouldn't fit. I suspect it was rushed out before the Ipad was available for Targus to test.

Getting tired of waiting for Portenzo, Treegloo, and Marware to ship me ordered cases; looking for something (anything) to give my Ipad a little protection. Hopefully, this will do the trick.

GadgetAddicted
Apr 9, 2011, 12:45 AM
Does ANYONE know how I could get this shipped to Canada???

DaGrandMastah
Apr 9, 2011, 01:16 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why no one is talking about this case since it has everything that a lot of people seem to want.

celo48
Apr 9, 2011, 01:32 PM
After looking for a case for a long time, thanks to my wife finding this case for me in less than 5 minutes. I guess we are focusing on more known brands and miss the other good cases. I will have mine next week. It has everything I want and the price is right.

noneother
Apr 9, 2011, 07:41 PM
Cancelled my marware microshell folio for this. Hope I like the bezel not being fully secured.

DaGrandMastah
Apr 9, 2011, 09:20 PM
I'm torn. I really wanted to see the Marware CEO case cause I love the strap that you can put your hand through on the inside. Damn them. I'm on the fence about ordering this one and returning the one I don't like.

slaphotk
Apr 9, 2011, 10:35 PM
Does the front cover fold back flat on this case? For holding like a book /magazine..?

bkushner
Apr 10, 2011, 12:38 AM
it would be nice if it could have one more angle for the almost flat typing.

N23
Apr 10, 2011, 12:49 AM

Again, the case is capable of that angle. Watch the YouTube review posted above.

celo48
Apr 10, 2011, 07:47 AM
http://www.amazon.com/review/R27JJILDIY68OK/ref=cm_cr_dp_cmt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B004TM1JBE&nodeID=172282&tag=&linkCode=#wasThisHelpful

sotie
Apr 10, 2011, 09:28 AM
Again, the case is capable of that angle. Watch the YouTube review posted above.

While he's typing the iPad keeps moving up and down with every keystroke.:eek:

Jigga
Apr 10, 2011, 09:32 AM
Does the front cover fold back flat on this case? For holding like a book /magazine..?
Would like to know this as well.

longlong14
Apr 10, 2011, 01:34 PM
this seems like the best case i've seen so far.
slim, folds back, auto sleep/wake, made with leather.
i think im going to order one.

btcutter
Apr 10, 2011, 07:39 PM
found the answer to my question.

sorry.

Anyone else like this?

kalex
Apr 10, 2011, 07:42 PM
While he's typing the iPad keeps moving up and down with every keystroke.:eek:

I noticed that too. kind of annoying.

mgchan
Apr 10, 2011, 10:26 PM
Looks nice, like that it is small and the iPad appears to slide out pretty easily if you want to use it without the case. Anyone know if there are any issues with sliding the iPad in if a screen film is in place? Also, whe it folds backwards does it have any magnets that keep the cover from flopping around?

DaGrandMastah
Apr 10, 2011, 10:28 PM
Looks nice, like that it is small and the iPad appears to slide out pretty easily if you want to use it without the case. Anyone know if there are any issues with sliding the iPad in if a screen film is in place? Also, whe it folds backwards does it have any magnets that keep the cover from flopping around?

Honestly it seems that this case is a complete mystery. No one on the boards seems to have one of the previous ones. It looks like a couple of people ordered them though so I'm hoping that they can provide some feedback on the case. It looks pretty good and it's definnitely got me intrigued but I'm still waiting for hear more before I order it.

mwjd299
Apr 11, 2011, 01:53 AM

I have the Targus Vuscape and I wanted another for 2nd iPad arriving Tuesday, but they have been hard to find. Then I saw this and it seems exactly the same but leather and has sleep/wake function. Amazon has it for same price as Targus. I placed my order. MSRP is $49.99, Amazon $39.99. :)

benjayman2
Apr 11, 2011, 02:32 AM
If I didn't like the style of moleskin/book look-a-like cases so much I would definitely be ordering one of these. It looks slim while also offering full protection. If it is like the vid review posted up of the first gen it should be a good buy for anyone who has paid for one already.

felt.
Apr 11, 2011, 02:36 AM
looks like they just ported the yoobao magic case for ipad 2, which btw is a great case that I use everyday

GadgetAddicted
Apr 11, 2011, 02:44 PM
Just ordered!! Can't wait to get it!!!! I was iffy about two things with the Targus Vuscape...well 3 things
1) Leather not real
2) No magnets
3) Interior was NC Blue..eww

This case is EXACTLY like the Targus with the following three additions
1) Real Italian Napa Leather
2) Magnets
3) Interior is gray (1st choice)

SCORE!!!

celo48
Apr 11, 2011, 02:49 PM
Just ordered!! Can't wait to get it!!!! I was iffy about two things with the Targus Vuscape...well 3 things
1) Leather not real
2) No magnets

2) Magnets

SCORE!!!

I think other thing; Vuscape's stitching is blue and I much prefer the same color stitching like the Toblino.

DaGrandMastah
Apr 11, 2011, 02:52 PM
1) Leather not real
2) No magnets

2) Magnets

SCORE!!!

Please post a review when you get it. I'm waiting to order this only because I already have teh Marware cases on preorder and I don't want to do another return.

longlong14
Apr 11, 2011, 03:13 PM
i ordered one yesterday. hopefully the thing doesn't turn off itself with front cover folded back

celo48
Apr 11, 2011, 03:18 PM
Why don't you guys who are still deciding to buy make a list of questions you have? Others and I who ordered it can try to answer them.

DaGrandMastah
Apr 11, 2011, 03:24 PM
My questions are pretty simple.

1. How do the magnets work?
2. Does it fold all the way back?
3. Does it add bulk and is it heavy?

Once there are enough questions I'll add them to the original post for easy reference.

Ysabel
Apr 11, 2011, 03:40 PM
As someone said it is bouncy when you type. Some people may not like that.

Did anyone notice that around 1.10 the cover touches something and it went to sleep. He said the iPad crashed.

Just realised it is a video of the case for iPad 1. :)

vajeff
Apr 11, 2011, 05:38 PM
I have the Targus VuScape, and just ordered the Toblino. I will return the Targus to BB once I get the new case fro Amazon tomorrow.

For typing, if you take a pen and wedge it in the fold of the case, it makes it less bouncy and gives a little more angle.

GadgetAddicted
Apr 11, 2011, 10:17 PM
I have the Targus VuScape, and just ordered the Toblino. I will return the Targus to BB once I get the new case fro Amazon tomorrow.

For typing, if you take a pen and wedge it in the fold of the case, it makes it less bouncy and gives a little more angle.

That would destroy the leather front. wedging in an iphone (3G/3GS) would be more preferable.

GadgetAddicted
Apr 12, 2011, 09:18 AM
I imagined this case getting a lot more attention than it currently is. What do people NOT like about this care or the Targus Vuscape??

sotie
Apr 12, 2011, 09:26 AM
I imagined this case getting a lot more attention than it currently is. What do people NOT like about this care or the Targus Vuscape??

Should have another horizontal notch to provide a proper typing angle. Saw a video and the user had to place the ipad in the "latch" that secures the front of the cover to get a typing angle. In this position the ipad bounced up and down when the user was typing.

DaGrandMastah
Apr 12, 2011, 09:37 AM

That's what has me so confused. I don't see any issues with this case. The only reason I haven't ordered it is casue I ordered the STM Skinny (which I'll likely immediately return) and I have the Marware CEO & Folio cases on preorder at amazon for really cheap. It's between this and those 2 marware cases but I don't want to make yet another return so I'm just waiting it out.

Adexis
Apr 12, 2011, 09:51 AM
This case looks like an excellent combination of functionality, form and weight (very important). Any idea if it's available for order in the UK?

jedolley
Apr 12, 2011, 10:03 AM

I can't speak for others, but I REALLY don't like this design. I don't like cases where the back half of the case comes off just to accomplish the stand positions... This is not the first case to do it as we have seen it many times before on the iPad 1, but I didn't like it then either. :p

GadgetAddicted
Apr 12, 2011, 12:53 PM
I can't speak for others, but I REALLY don't like this design. I don't like cases where the back half of the case comes off just to accomplish the stand positions... This is not the first case to do it as we have seen it many times before on the iPad 1, but I didn't like it then either. :p

I like it...it provides more stability than ipad1-like (OEM) cases.

DaGrandMastah
Apr 12, 2011, 01:01 PM
I like it...it provides more stability than ipad1-like (OEM) cases.

What you mean? In terms of the bottom poppping out adds more stability? I don't know either way since this is my first ipad and I have yet to own a case. The one thing I can see about the ones that fold back is that the interior can possibly get dirtier.

I don't necessarily have a preference for cases. My 2 favorite are still the 2 upcoming Marware cases and one folds back while the other one pops out of the bottom. Damn them for taking so long to release.

FYI, in case anyone is interested. I emailed Marware the other day. They expect to begin shipping the Marwares this week with third party sellers getting them 1-2 weeks later...which seems to fall in line with Amazon's expected ship/delivery date.

N23
Apr 12, 2011, 01:10 PM
Received this case this morning and wanted to provide a quick review before class.

Well stitched, durable, incredibly thin. Funny that youtube review said the case smelled good because the leather actually does smell pretty good.
The case looks real sleek and professional when closed. Looks real sharp with the edges of my icarbon skin exposed as well.
The sleep/wake functions as it should, didn't put my ipad to sleep with the back flap turned around.

With the tension provided from the cover the ipad sits real stable in the provided positions.
There's actually so much tension my ipad wouldn't even reach the locking clasp when I tried to reach a typing position.
But it does almost reach and sits fairly steady even without resting on anything.
This will probably all change when the cover starts to break in.

I didn't experience a dramatic bounce in typing as in the youtube review,
but it could be just me considering I don't apply that much pressure when typing on the ipad.

My only gripe, which I feel kind of dumb for not realizing before, is you have to remove the ipad from the first to clips every time you want to stand it up.
Not the biggest chore but having owned the incase book jacket for a short while it was nice being able to just open the case and stand my ipad up without having to unlatch it.
It wouldn've been nice if the case just slid out but you really have to pry out the corners every time.

I really wanted to love this case but I'm not sure if I can get use to dealing with those two corners.

I'll try and get some pictures up later today.

slaphotk
Apr 12, 2011, 01:52 PM
Can the front cover fold around the back comfortably for reading? Could you post a pic? Thanks!

celo48
Apr 12, 2011, 01:59 PM
My only gripe, which I feel kind of dumb for not realizing before, is you have to remove the ipad from the first to clips every time you want to stand it up.
Not the biggest chore but having owned the incase book jacket for a short while it was nice being able to just open the case and stand my ipad up without having to unlatch it.
It wouldn've been nice if the case just slid out but you really have to pry out the corners every time.

I really wanted to love this case but I'm not sure if I can get use to dealing with those two corners.

Damn it! I was so excited to get mine but this kinda turns me off :( I hope I will get over it!

GadgetAddicted
Apr 12, 2011, 02:11 PM
Damn it! I was so excited to get mine but this kinda turns me off :( I hope I will get over it!

Why? The clasps are there to hold your ipad in place when you want to use it in hand and not on the table. The clasps are vital lol.

celo48
Apr 12, 2011, 02:14 PM
Why? The clasps are there to hold your ipad in place when you want to use it in hand and not on the table. The clasps are vital lol.

It is not vital but kinda annoying. I guess I would have still ordered it if I had realized this :)

GadgetAddicted
Apr 12, 2011, 02:26 PM
Someone PLEASE post pictures haha I'm getting anxious :-D

longlong14
Apr 12, 2011, 03:56 PM
if you look at the gen 1 case review, you can see that it has those 2 corners as well, but the reviewer just tilted the ipad slightly to undo them. doesn't seem like too much of a chore.
toblino 2 works a lot like marware ceo 2, i just like the look better.

N23
Apr 12, 2011, 06:28 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/nenmu/IMG_0172.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/nenmu/IMG_0182.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/nenmu/IMG_0176.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/nenmu/IMG_0174.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/nenmu/IMG_0187.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/nenmu/IMG_0185.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/nenmu/IMG_0178.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/nenmu/IMG_0179.jpg

pinkoos
Apr 12, 2011, 06:34 PM
So it doesn't sit flat when the cover is folded over the back? That would be a deal breaker for me.

noneother
Apr 12, 2011, 06:49 PM
Sweet picks. Can't wait for mine. Arrives the 19th.

Pinkoos, Uh. Just fold the cover over to the back. You don't HAVE to bend it to that position.

pbateman.as
Apr 12, 2011, 06:53 PM
Mine arrives tomorrow. Even more excited now that I've seen those pics.

pinkoos
Apr 12, 2011, 06:54 PM
Sweet picks. Can't wait for mine. Arrives the 19th.

Pinkoos, Uh. Just fold the cover over to the back. You don't HAVE to bend it to that position.

Ah, okay. I just noticed that that last pic wasn't showing how it looks with the cover folded to the back. Maybe N23 can post another pic with it folded over completely to the back?

DaGrandMastah
Apr 12, 2011, 07:12 PM
Very nice. Now I gotta decide between this, the Pixelskin HD, and the 2 Marware cases.

rdodge
Apr 12, 2011, 07:56 PM
Are there any questions I can answer for you?

DaGrandMastah
Apr 12, 2011, 08:06 PM
Are there any questions I can answer for you?

How does the cover fold back? Does it go back all the way like a book?

How well does it snap/stay shut?

skids929
Apr 12, 2011, 08:47 PM
So it doesn't sit flat when the cover is folded over the back? That would be a deal breaker for me.

I agree, was going to order until I saw that. Pictures are SUPER helpful. If it's a break in issue I would want to know from the maker, because none of the pictures they show on Amazon or Gizomco show the iPad in that position. If I had to guess it was not designed to be in that position, which is a major shortcoming IMO.

Too bad, because otherwise this case meets all my other criteria. Although I agree with some others, not in love with the idea of popping it out of those two prongs every time i want to stand it up. I would have overlooked that though.

Looks like the Libretto is still on the leader board for me-albeit overpriced as hell. Literally nothing on the bezel, stands in the positions I want, no popping in an out of anything, nothing under your hands when your typing. This case runs a close second if it can be used in that lowest typing position. Need to know from N3.

brudog68
Apr 12, 2011, 09:13 PM
I agree, was going to order until I saw that. Pictures are SUPER helpful. If it's a break in issue I would want to know from the maker, because none of the pictures they show on Amazon or Gizomco show the iPad in that position. If I had to guess it was not designed to be in that position, which is a major shortcoming IMO.

Too bad, because otherwise this case meets all my other criteria. Although I agree with some others, not in love with the idea of popping it out of those two prongs every time i want to stand it up. I would have overlooked that though.

Looks like the Libretto is still on the leader board for me-albeit overpriced as hell. Literally nothing on the bezel, stands in the positions I want, no popping in an out of anything, nothing under your hands when your typing. This case runs a close second if it can be used in that lowest typing position. Need to know from N3.

Then you want this style...Targus versavu (http://http://www.targus.com/us/productdetail.aspx?regionId=7&sku=THZ045US&PageName=Targus%20for%20Mac&productCategoryId=-1&bucketTypeId=194&searchedTerms=&navlevel1=products&cp=&bannertxt=for%20Mac%20Cases%20%26%20Accessories) or SWitcheasy Canvas (http://http://www.switcheasy.com/products/CANVAS_iPad2/#)

Both fold all the way back nicely and both lower to a nice typing angle...the switch easy has the sleep/wake...

Basically you just have to accept a little extra weight and bulk, but not all that bad.

longlong14
Apr 12, 2011, 09:17 PM
Guys, it does fold back completely.

skids929
Apr 12, 2011, 09:19 PM
Then you want this style...Targus versavu (http://http://www.targus.com/us/productdetail.aspx?regionId=7&sku=THZ045US&PageName=Targus%20for%20Mac&productCategoryId=-1&bucketTypeId=194&searchedTerms=&navlevel1=products&cp=&bannertxt=for%20Mac%20Cases%20%26%20Accessories) or SWitcheasy Canvas (http://http://www.switcheasy.com/products/CANVAS_iPad2/#)

Both fold all the way back nicely and both lower to a nice typing angle...the switch easy has the sleep/wake...

Basically you just have to accept a little extra weight and bulk, but not all that bad.

Switcheazy is nice actually, good alternative. Does add some thickness though.

brudog68
Apr 12, 2011, 09:24 PM
N23...I realize the front cover will fold back for the "book" position...but I'm actually curious if it's capable of laying flatter as it's shown in your last pic, or is it inherently too stiff? I like being able to do this with my Targus as I'm not always having to hold the microfiber lining while in "book" mode.

brudog68
Apr 12, 2011, 09:27 PM
Switcheazy is nice actually, good alternative. Does add some thickness though.

I've not seen it myself, but there's a nice review here in the forum, several say it's not as thick as it appears.

btcutter
Apr 12, 2011, 09:35 PM

If you have one please post photo. Many of us are very interested as it's a deal breaker.

rdodge
Apr 12, 2011, 09:42 PM

Yes, you can fold the cover all the way back as if you were going to hold a magazine with one hand. This is probably the way I use it most. Also, when I am typing on it, I often bypass the grooves and take it all the way to the clasp. I find that the best position for typing. I will try to take some more pictures of that tomorrow.

skids929
Apr 12, 2011, 09:45 PM
I've not seen it myself, but there's a nice review here in the forum, several say it's not as thick as it appears.

Really want leather though..Maybe I will try this Toblino, can always return it with amazon. Support is great too I hear. This forum is a good example.

pbateman.as
Apr 12, 2011, 09:49 PM
I have one scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Will post a review after I've had a chance to use it for a bit.

rdodge
Apr 12, 2011, 10:42 PM
This case looks like an excellent combination of functionality, form and weight (very important). Any idea if it's available for order in the UK?

We are not really setup for international shipping at our warehouse, but I have been making occasional trips to the post office here and there for people in other countries. If you are outside of the US or Canada, send an email to my username at cesupply.com. Shipping has been around $15 to most places. If there is enough demand, we'll rework our warehouse to add international shipping.

N23
Apr 12, 2011, 10:49 PM
As requested. The clasp does elevate the case a tad, but nothing drastic.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/nenmu/IMG_0192.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/nenmu/IMG_0189.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/nenmu/IMG_0188.jpg

The glue on the clasp has already become undone after a few hours of use. Easy fix but still unfortunate.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/nenmu/IMG_0191.jpg

GadgetAddicted
Apr 12, 2011, 11:01 PM
Thank you for the pictures. Not sure how I feel abou tthe leather...I was hoping a broader grain like on the targus vuscape. This one looks almost fake :(.

GadgetAddicted
Apr 13, 2011, 12:03 AM
BTW I don't see any tags or anything that indicate that the case is made by toblino...is there any such marking?

rdodge
Apr 13, 2011, 12:36 AM
BTW I don't see any tags or anything that indicate that the case is made by toblino...is there any such marking?

We wanted to get to market as soon as possible, so the first thousand pieces did not have any logos. Now the cases are stamped the MobileVision logo, but it sits behind the iPad and you will never see it unless you take the iPad out of the case. Our feeling was most people do not want to carry around a big billboard, but we are very open to suggestions.

We will have a pink leather case available mid-May and we are open to other color suggestions as well. I have a couple of prototypes, maybe I will post pictures here.

GadgetAddicted
Apr 13, 2011, 08:39 AM
We wanted to get to market as soon as possible, so the first thousand pieces did not have any logos. Now the cases are stamped the MobileVision logo, but it sits behind the iPad and you will never see it unless you take the iPad out of the case. Our feeling was most people do not want to carry around a big billboard, but we are very open to suggestions.

We will have a pink leather case available mid-May and we are open to other color suggestions as well. I have a couple of prototypes, maybe I will post pictures here.

Yes!! Please do post pictures; I'd like to see if you folks have any nice brown ones coming up. The design would still be the same though right? Also, have you surpassed 1000 orders? I placed my order two days ago; will my case have a logo?

rdodge
Apr 13, 2011, 09:10 AM
Yes!! Please do post pictures; I'd like to see if you folks have any nice brown ones coming up. The design would still be the same though right? Also, have you surpassed 1000 orders? I placed my order two days ago; will my case have a logo?

Yes, we have definitely surpassed 1000 orders, but Amazon mixes all the stock together, so the answer is you would "probably" have a logo. If that is important to you, email me at my username at cesupply.com and I can have them ship an order out to you from our warehouse instead of Amazon's.

GadgetAddicted
Apr 13, 2011, 09:39 AM
Yes, we have definitely surpassed 1000 orders, but Amazon mixes all the stock together, so the answer is you would "probably" have a logo. If that is important to you, email me at my username at cesupply.com and I can have them ship an order out to you from our warehouse instead of Amazon's.

My order has already been shipped so it isn't much use now haha. What I would GREATLY appreciate and I'm sure others would too is if you could post as many pictures as you can of the current black case and future upcoming cases. I gotta admit, this is THE case many people are looking for; it meets all my requirements and I'm sure it meets requirements of many other people too. The more pictures there are, the more your sales will get.

jimthegreek
Apr 13, 2011, 10:21 AM
I ordered two of these from Amazon and got them fairly quickly. One of them is great and the other is being sent back. The clasps on the left side that you need to undo in order to fold are very loose, almost as if they weren't bent correctly during production. They don't pop in over the front of the ipad to hold it securely like the other case i got.

All in all, its a nice decent case.

Update: Amazon can't setup a exchange of the item since it was fulfilled by them but sold through another retailer, only refund, which means I have another charge on my credit card for the replacement while they wait for this one to go back to them and refund my account. not a huge deal but an inconvenience nonetheless.

Hopefully the next one will be better or their both going back the second time around.

Adexis
Apr 13, 2011, 10:38 AM
We are not really setup for international shipping at our warehouse, but I have been making occasional trips to the post office here and there for people in other countries. If you are outside of the US or Canada, send an email to my username at cesupply.com. Shipping has been around $15 to most places. If there is enough demand, we'll rework our warehouse to add international shipping.

Thanks, sent you an email earlier, let me know if it doesn't get to you as I may have mistyped email address.

skids929
Apr 13, 2011, 11:42 AM
I ordered two of these from Amazon and got them fairly quickly. One of them is great and the other is being sent back. The clasps on the left side that you need to undo in order to fold are very loose, almost as if they weren't bent correctly during production. They don't pop in over the front of the ipad to hold it securely like the other case i got.

All in all, its a nice decent case.

Update: Amazon can't setup a exchange of the item since it was fulfilled by them but sold through another retailer, only refund, which means I have another charge on my credit card for the replacement while they wait for this one to go back to them and refund my account. not a huge deal but an inconvenience nonetheless.

Hopefully the next one will be better or their both going back the second time around.

COuld you have just returned it outright for your money back if you wanted to? Or did you have to exchange it for another and go through that rigmaroll? I ordered one if it's not what I want I want the option to return it altogether.

jimthegreek
Apr 13, 2011, 12:13 PM
COuld you have just returned it outright for your money back if you wanted to? Or did you have to exchange it for another and go through that rigmaroll? I ordered one if it's not what I want I want the option to return it altogether.

The only option is to return it for a refund. I wanted an exchange, which wasn't available.

After further thought and seeing someone else post that the glue is already coming apart on theirs, we decided to return both and go with something else.

Last thing i want is for this thing to fall apart on me a few weeks down the line.

pbateman.as
Apr 13, 2011, 12:17 PM
Just received mine from Amazon and after playing around with it for a couple of hours, some pros and cons:

Pros:

-leather is of high quality (smells good)
-auto sleep/wake works well
-iPad fits securely
-2 viewing positions are good and a 3rd position for typing works fine when bringing it down to the clasp
-cover can be folded completely behind

Cons:

-biggest con is the set of clips on the left side that need to be clipped and unclipped when sliding it to one of the viewing positions.

-I've taken to just resting the iPad on top of those clips when closing and it doesn't seem to be problem, although it doesn't look as clean.

-this definitely bothers me, but probably not enough to return it.

It definitely meets many of the requirements I've seen people write about on this forum including, open bezel, auto sleep/wake, good quality leather, multiple viewing angles and it's also pretty lightweight and doesn't add a ton of thickness.

rdodge
Apr 13, 2011, 12:48 PM
To answer the warranty/exchange questions. We have sold both from our warehouse and from Amazon directly. If you ordered from Amazon (with the super saver shipping) then exchanges/refund are normally dealt with them. If you ordered from our warehouse (paid for shipping), then we will handle the exchange/refund.

They are both easy processes, but if you need any help, you can click on "contact seller" or write me (my username at cesupply.com) and include your order number and I will point you in the right direction. We try to make it as hassle free as possible.

Mad Mac Maniac
Apr 13, 2011, 12:55 PM
how difficult is it really to clasp and unclap the side when you switch it to a viewing mode/typing stand? Is it as simple as slightly tugging on the bottom of the iPad to un-clip and then exerting slight pressure to snap the iPad back into place?

This seems to be the biggest flaw, but if it easily snaps in and out of place doesn't seem to be a huge issue for me

Edit: oh I just remembered another big potential flaw. When you put it in the "typing" position where the iPad extends down to the clasp, how annoying is the "springy" effect due to the unsupported base? I feel like I would hate if my iPad weren't firmly sitting in place as I was plucking away on the keys

pbateman.as
Apr 13, 2011, 01:12 PM
how difficult is it really to clasp and unclap the side when you switch it to a viewing mode/typing stand? Is it as simple as slightly tugging on the bottom of the iPad to un-clip and then exerting slight pressure to snap the iPad back into place?

This seems to be the biggest flaw, but if it easily snaps in and out of place doesn't seem to be a huge issue for me

Edit: oh I just remembered another big potential flaw. When you put it in the "typing" position where the iPad extends down to the clasp, how annoying is the "springy" effect due to the unsupported base? I feel like I would hate if my iPad weren't firmly sitting in place as I was plucking away on the keys

Pretty much, yes, it's pretty simple to un-clip it. Like I said, not a big deal, but clearly the biggest flaw.

It's a little "springy" but not enough to really bother me.

celo48
Apr 13, 2011, 01:23 PM
Received mine today also. I have the same issue. To unclip/clip is a bitch if you ask me. I am scared to scratch the corners. For most (including me) it may be a return reason. I don't understand why could not they make it easy to clip/unclip. Other than that it is a good case. I will try to get used to it. Hopefully, it will loosen up a little.

I will try to post some pictures later.

Mad Mac Maniac
Apr 13, 2011, 01:35 PM
How thick does the case feel when you have the top folded over to the back? In the picture it seems thicker than I was imagining. Is that noticiable/a turn off in actual use?

skids929
Apr 13, 2011, 01:37 PM
Received mine today also. I have the same issue. To unclip/clip is a bitch if you ask me. I am scared to scratch the corners. For most (including me) it may be a return reason. I don't understand why could not they make it easy to clip/unclip. Other than that it is a good case. I will try to get used to it. Hopefully, it will loosen up a little.

I will try to post some pictures later.
Pics for sure!! thanks!

Is there any way you could slightly bend those two prongs to ease them back off the iPad a bit? I would imagine this is some sort of metal or plastic underneath. Lemme know, actually am concerned about this too.

pbateman.as
Apr 13, 2011, 01:39 PM
How thick does the case feel when you have the top folded over to the back? In the picture it seems thicker than I was imagining. Is that noticiable/a turn off in actual use?

Not very noticeable and it's pretty flush. I've been using it more in one of the viewing positions rather than with the cover folded around back though.

GadgetAddicted
Apr 13, 2011, 02:08 PM
When you have the ipad in the first groove (Bottom left of picture), is there enough space between the ipad and the clasp to have a wireless apple keyboard in there?

http://www.alltouchtablet.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/toblino-2-napa-leather-case.jpg

pbateman.as
Apr 13, 2011, 02:18 PM
When you have the ipad in the first groove (Bottom left of picture), is there enough space between the ipad and the clasp to have a wireless apple keyboard in there?

http://www.alltouchtablet.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/toblino-2-napa-leather-case.jpg

Very close but not completely.

celo48
Apr 13, 2011, 02:48 PM
The space is 4.72 inches

rdodge
Apr 13, 2011, 03:40 PM
I have created a photo album for some of the views people asked for here (http://imgur.com/a/lPfSB).

As far as the bottom clips, my personal case is a bit worn in and I have no problem getting the case in and out, it is very smooth. We had a lot of feedback from our Toblino 1 case that people wanted the bottom to feel a little more snug, so we have made that change. You shouldn't have to yank hard to get it open though. The clips will bend a little if you need to squeak a little more room out of them. The emphasis is on "little bit", please don't put your case into a vise and smash the clips down then send it back to me.

Zodiak
Apr 13, 2011, 04:20 PM
I have created a photo album for some of the views people asked for here (http://imgur.com/a/lPfSB).

As far as the bottom clips, my personal case is a bit worn in and I have no problem getting the case in and out, it is very smooth. We had a lot of feedback from our Toblino 1 case that people wanted the bottom to feel a little more snug, so we have made that change. You shouldn't have to yank hard to get it open though. The clips will bend a little if you need to squeak a little more room out of them. The emphasis is on "little bit", please don't put your case into a vise and smash the clips down then send it back to me.

What are the odds of getting the Argyle leather case for the ipad 2? I love the color and pattern. The current black looks nice but loving the Argyle model.

http://www.amazon.com/Toblino-Stitched-Leather-Convertable-Multi-angle/dp/B004IRC1TE/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1302729228&sr=1-4

longlong14
Apr 13, 2011, 04:22 PM

is the inside of the clips and the base made of metal?

rdodge
Apr 13, 2011, 04:31 PM
is the inside of the clips and the base made of metal?

No, they are made of plastic and again stressing "little bit" :)

As for the argyle, that was a limited edition case and we won't be bringing that exact one back, but possibly something like. It will be 3-4 months before we release any special edition cases.

mwjd299
Apr 13, 2011, 04:39 PM
I just received mine a half hour ago. I ordered Sunday night from Amazon, came in mail today.
Crease is stiff as others have said, iPad will not reach clasp when folded over. That should loosen up over time. I don't have smell issue as some have pointed out.
All in all, case is "As Advertised". Very pleased! :apple:

lugesm
Apr 13, 2011, 07:46 PM
What are the odds of getting the Argyle leather case for the ipad 2? I love the color and pattern. The current black looks nice but loving the Argyle model.

http://www.amazon.com/Toblino-Stitched-Leather-Convertable-Multi-angle/dp/B004IRC1TE/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1302729228&sr=1-4

That Argyle is the best looking iPad case I have ever seen.
I love it ! ! ! Too bad it was only for the iPad-1.

Any chance it will fit the iPad-2 . . . . at all ?

Almost makes it worth going back to my iPad-1. ;)

rdodge
Apr 13, 2011, 07:53 PM
Thanks, sent you an email earlier, let me know if it doesn't get to you as I may have mistyped email address.

I answered quite a few emails today, if I did not get to you please let me know.

Mad Mac Maniac
Apr 13, 2011, 08:52 PM
I can't find any video reviews of this case. Are there any?

N23
Apr 13, 2011, 09:30 PM
I can't find any video reviews of this case. Are there any?

There's a video review of the iPad 1 version, which for the most part is the same.

Mad Mac Maniac
Apr 13, 2011, 10:22 PM
There's a video review of the iPad 1 version, which for the most part is the same.

yeah, I did see that, but I'm sure there are a few slight changes. And there is only ONE video for the first case... and it's just some dude. Doesn't seem to be a very popular case?:confused:

eg2007
Apr 14, 2011, 01:21 AM
Just got mine. Ordered Monday, received Weds. LOVE IT. There are no flaws. It's a Targus VuScape clone with Leather and magnets. Which is what the Targus case SHOULD have had in the first place. For $39.99 and free shipping off eBay, this is a steal.

Adexis
Apr 14, 2011, 05:32 AM
I answered quite a few emails today, if I did not get to you please let me know.

Nothing come through yet - did you get mail from me (from Andrew Dresner)?

Could you resend your reply and I can check?

Ianlti
Apr 14, 2011, 06:02 AM
Just got mine. Ordered Monday, received Weds. LOVE IT. There are no flaws. It's a Targus VuScape clone with Leather and magnets. Which is what the Targus case SHOULD have had in the first place. For $39.99 and free shipping off eBay, this is a steal.

Where do you find this on eBay? Do you mind share the link?

DaGrandMastah
Apr 14, 2011, 08:30 AM

The Targus Vuscape was absolute garbage. I saw that at Best Buy. Looks like a terrible case.

GadgetAddicted
Apr 14, 2011, 08:57 AM
The Targus Vuscape was absolute garbage. I saw that at Best Buy. Looks like a terrible case.

Please elaborate with specific reasons as to why you think the vuscape is garbage..maybe I'm missing something but it looks like a fantastic case to me?

DaGrandMastah
Apr 14, 2011, 09:08 AM
Please elaborate with specific reasons as to why you think the vuscape is garbage..maybe I'm missing something but it looks like a fantastic case to me?

I saw it at Best Buy but it was an opened package so I got a chance to actually look at the case....personally, I thought the blueish hue interior was ugly....and the case itself looked like the seams would come undone around the edges. I know it was one of the first cases that was made available but it's clear that it was rushed out to the market.

Wait...the Vuscape is not the one that flips 360 is it? That one looks ok (same ugly blue interior) but I didn't like it cause it was very bulky. Can't speak for the construction though since I only saw pictures online. The one I'm referring to is the folio style case.

rdodge
Apr 14, 2011, 11:11 AM
Nothing come through yet - did you get mail from me (from Andrew Dresner)?

Could you resend your reply and I can check?

I searched my email for your name and could not find. I had our administrations search our "catch-all" account and could not find it either. Just send me your email address in a Private Message on this forum.

Zodiak
Apr 14, 2011, 11:22 AM
I still want the Toblino Stitched Argyle model, but for the iPad 2!! :)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51u7EmDjHRL.jpg

Adexis
Apr 14, 2011, 11:23 AM
I searched my email for your name and could not find. I had our administrations search our "catch-all" account and could not find it either. Just send me your email address in a Private Message on this forum.

Probably showing my stupidity here but where is the option for Private Message?

Mad Mac Maniac
Apr 14, 2011, 11:58 AM
Probably showing my stupidity here but where is the option for Private Message?

Click his name, then private message :)

Adexis
Apr 14, 2011, 12:12 PM
Click his name, then private message :)

Thanks, I am a self confessed idiot at least!

GadgetAddicted
Apr 14, 2011, 12:14 PM

Looks too...busy?

Zodiak
Apr 14, 2011, 01:43 PM
Looks too...busy?

You think it looks too busy?

It's toblino's special edition model for the iPad 1. I just like that it has an interesting design on it with alternating leather :)

GadgetAddicted
Apr 14, 2011, 02:26 PM
You think it looks too busy?

It's toblino's special edition model for the iPad 1. I just like that it has an interesting design on it with alternating leather :)

Yes...the iPad is about simplicity and clean lines. The argyle pattern makes it look clustered.

DaGrandMastah
Apr 14, 2011, 02:43 PM
Yes...the iPad is about simplicity and clean lines. The argyle pattern makes it look clustered.

Hmmm the argyle pattern isn't that bad but I kinda agree with GadgetAddicted....I prefer the regular black finish. I was never into all those crazy pattern cases though. I like to stick with black color. Still, this is nicer than some of hte other designs I've seen on cases.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume then that you don't like this case?

http://www.t3.com/images/variants/speck_iguy_w300.jpg

GadgetAddicted
Apr 14, 2011, 02:45 PM
Hmmm the argyle pattern isn't that bad but I kinda agree with GadgetAddicted....I prefer the regular black finish. I was never into all those crazy pattern cases though. I like to stick with black color. Still, this is nicer than some of hte other designs I've seen on cases.

THAT'S a case?

DaGrandMastah
Apr 14, 2011, 03:09 PM
Lol yeah. Speck makes it. Why someone would want to carry around their ipad in that is beyond me. It's 39.99.

kschles
Apr 14, 2011, 03:29 PM
hmmm the argyle pattern isn't that bad but i kinda agree with gadgetaddicted....i prefer the regular black finish. I was never into all those crazy pattern cases though. I like to stick with black color. Still, this is nicer than some of hte other designs i've seen on cases.

we are your ipad overlords !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

celo48
Apr 14, 2011, 03:31 PM
Those cases are for kids. I hope no adult buys those:)

eg2007
Apr 14, 2011, 04:32 PM
Where do you find this on eBay? Do you mind share the link?

I got it off Amazon. Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/Toblino-Leather-Folio-Convertable-Multi-angle/dp/B004TM1JBE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1302816649&sr=8-1

Jeeves441
Apr 14, 2011, 07:07 PM
I made a Youtube review for it heres the link, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFiNxdVW8FI :)

kalex
Apr 14, 2011, 07:18 PM
we are your ipad overlords !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha

Green one looks like square android :)

kalex
Apr 14, 2011, 07:26 PM
I made a Youtube review for it heres the link, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFiNxdVW8FI :)

Nice review. First good review i saw for this case. Clips are a bit annoying and no typing angle also sucks but other than that its pretty good case

btcutter
Apr 14, 2011, 08:08 PM

Good job.

clip to open the case...is it sturdy? someone else showed that the glue comes apart pretty quickly.

dukedvl
Apr 14, 2011, 08:22 PM

Thanks for posting that video. I just received my case today and was going to attempt a video since there was not one out there but don't need to now.

I am going to have to exchange mine because there is an indentation on the front about the size of a nickel. I'm not sure if it was due to shipping or something else.

Besides the indentation, I like the case and it seems to be pretty good quality. Before I put my iPad in the case, I folded the case along the back crease a few times and now when it is in typing mode, it goes down almost all the way to the clip, maybe 1/3" in between. There is still a little movement when typing but not as much bouncing as in the Toblino video review for the first Pad.

Good job.

clip to open the case...is it sturdy? someone else showed that the glue comes apart pretty quickly.

I don't have any glue or stitching issues with the clip and the clip is pretty sturdy. I can hold onto the back and shake the iPad pretty vigorously and the front of the case does not open.

btcutter
Apr 14, 2011, 09:56 PM
Thanks for posting that video. I just received my case today and was going to attempt a video since there was not one out there but don't need to now.

I am going to have to exchange mine because there is an indentation on the front about the size of a nickel. I'm not sure if it was due to shipping or something else.

Besides the indentation, I like the case and it seems to be pretty good quality. Before I put my iPad in the case, I folded the case along the back crease a few times and now when it is in typing mode, it goes down almost all the way to the clip, maybe 1/3" in between. There is still a little movement when typing but not as much bouncing as in the Toblino video review for the first Pad.

I don't have any glue or stitching issues with the clip and the clip is pretty sturdy. I can hold onto the back and shake the iPad pretty vigorously and the front of the case does not open.

Thanks for the info.

I am still trying to decide between Toblino and Switcheasy Canvas. Very tough decision!

skids929
Apr 14, 2011, 10:13 PM

Yeah that typing position stiffness is a deal breaker for me. Unless someone can reassure me that will break in and work fine mine will be going back without being opened.

Switcheasy it is!

dukedvl
Apr 14, 2011, 11:13 PM
I have only had the case about 5 hours and I was already able to break it in some. When I first used the case, I had the same issue as shown in the video. I moved the back of the case back and forth 3 or 4 times along the crease without the iPad in the case and it was fine after that. I have attached two pics of mine in the typing position.

rdodge
Apr 14, 2011, 11:14 PM
Yeah that typing position stiffness is a deal breaker for me. Unless someone can reassure me that will break in and work fine mine will be going back without being opened.

Switcheasy it is!

It should break in fairly quick. I took this pictured about 3 minutes are opening a new case and squeezing it down a little bit. My personal case goes down to the clasp without any resistance.

http://i.imgur.com/HDoDxl.jpg

Red93
Apr 15, 2011, 01:57 AM

Thats a very nice looking case also. You would think they would make an Ipad 2 version of it.

GadgetAddicted
Apr 15, 2011, 08:50 AM
I think once the back fold breaks in and the ipad goes all the way to the bottom, the wobble would be eliminated..

skids929
Apr 15, 2011, 06:21 PM
It should break in fairly quick. I took this pictured about 3 minutes are opening a new case and squeezing it down a little bit. My personal case goes down to the clasp without any resistance.

http://i.imgur.com/HDoDxl.jpg

Thank you sir..I will give it's fair day in the Sun.

mwjd299
Apr 15, 2011, 08:44 PM
I got it off Amazon. Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/Toblino-Leather-Folio-Convertable-Multi-angle/dp/B004TM1JBE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1302816649&sr=8-1

Same here. I ordered from Amazon. Ordered Sunday night, received Wednesday. I did not go with free shipping option, chose standard shipping. :apple:

mwjd299
Apr 15, 2011, 08:54 PM

Good video. I agree with everything.
Also your wallpaper says you're a White Sox fan, Congratulations! :):):):):)

I'm a transplanted Chicagoan now in CA.

DaGrandMastah
Apr 15, 2011, 08:59 PM
does anyone know how much the case weighs? I'm still waiting on mine to arrive...can't wait. Definitely looks like a winner.

emgoodman
Apr 16, 2011, 05:39 AM
My review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjZwXMjq4vY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

noneother
Apr 16, 2011, 08:29 AM
My review:

Nice review. Thank you. Waiting anxiously for mine!!

celo48
Apr 16, 2011, 09:56 AM
My review:

That is one of the best reviews I have seen on any case. You covered everything.

I agree. Bottom clips are uncessary. The ipad would still be secure without those. If I were the manufacturer, I would remove them or make them less stiff at least.

rdodge
Apr 16, 2011, 10:34 AM
does anyone know how much the case weighs? I'm still waiting on mine to arrive...can't wait. Definitely looks like a winner.

It is 11.4 ounces (and 12.3 with the packaging materials) on my little scale.

emgoodman
Apr 16, 2011, 10:54 AM
That is one of the best reviews I have seen on any case. You covered everything.

I agree. Bottom clips are uncessary. The ipad would still be secure without those. If I were the manufacturer, I would remove them or make them less stiff at least.

Thanks - my first attempt. Hopefully next time I do one I can keep the number of times I say "um" down to less than a thousand.

Ianlti
Apr 16, 2011, 11:57 AM
The case is pretty heavy, i just got mine today.

Red93
Apr 16, 2011, 01:07 PM

In my opinion they are necessary if you like to fold the front cover around to the back. Otherwise it keeps popping out like in the video.

I really like the leather look of this case, but that popping out of the holder like that turns me off.

It seems all these cases have some negative to them. For me I want a slim case, and want to buy a separate stand for it, and be able to fold the front cover flat against the back cover.

rdodge
Apr 16, 2011, 03:23 PM

I met with our CEO this morning told her enough people were interested in bringing back the Argyle for iPad 2 and she agreed. It will probably be a month away, but I will keep you posted.

Mike4AU
Apr 16, 2011, 10:03 PM
When I first saw the argyle case, I did not care for it. However, after looking at the pics several times, I am warming up to it and think I like it.

I ordered my Toblino 2 case this morning from Amazon. If the unhinging of the bottom clips bother me, I will just cut them off.

rdodge, thanks for your input!

rdodge
Apr 16, 2011, 10:19 PM
When I first saw the argyle case, I did not care for it. However, after looking at the pics several times, I am warming up to it and think I like it.

I ordered my Toblino 2 case this morning from Amazon. If the unhinging of the bottom clips bother me, I will just cut them off.

rdodge, thanks for your input!

I know I am very biased, but it really is a beautiful case. It was my favorite of all of our iPad 1 cases. I am excited that we are getting more, even for my own use.

pbateman.as
Apr 16, 2011, 10:26 PM
I was uncertain after it first arrived, mostly because of the issue with the clips, but after using it for several days I think it's a great case. I'm very pleased.

N23
Apr 17, 2011, 12:16 AM
Same here, I was so close to returning it numerous times.
But every time I overviewed the case again, I just couldn't get over how thin and slick it looked.

It's been about a week and the clips don't bother me nearly as much as I anticipated.
They've loosened up a little and the iPad slides in out with ease.

Some of the glue on my locking clasp had worn off and the leather started pealing,
but it seems I am the only experiencing this. Not a big issue.
I could easily apply a little glue but it's honestly not bothering me too much yet.

So now I've been recommending this case to my friends.

GadgetAddicted
Apr 18, 2011, 08:55 AM
Is the front side of the case (the leather part) as soft and squishy as the Targus Vuscape? The Vuscape has a lot of padding to give it that luxurious soft leather feel. Let me know.

Zodiak
Apr 18, 2011, 11:41 AM
I met with our CEO this morning told her enough people were interested in bringing back the Argyle for iPad 2 and she agreed. It will probably be a month away, but I will keep you posted.

I know the design specs and all are already existant for the Argyle case and its just a matter of repurposing it for the iPad 2 but there is one thing that stands out to me about this case. Would it be possible at all to get the felt/material liner inside in black or in red, to match the exterior or the case at all

Thank you :)

GadgetAddicted
Apr 18, 2011, 12:12 PM
I know the design specs and all are already existant for the Argyle case and its just a matter of repurposing it for the iPad 2 but there is one thing that stands out to me about this case. Would it be possible at all to get the felt/material liner inside in black or in red, to match the exterior or the case at all

Thank you :)

I'd like the Black interior as well!

DaGrandMastah
Apr 18, 2011, 08:53 PM
Just received my case today and I am very very happy with it.

The case offers an excellent amount of protection....the magnets/auto on off work perfectly and I had no issues with folding the case back and having it turn off. The stand works well once you break in the case edge. It was originally too stiff but you just had to bend the edges to break it in a bit and now it stays in position perfectly.

My only complaint about the case is the weight. It's by no means a heavy case but it does add weight to the ipad. Obviously this is impossible to avoid if you're looking to protect the device but I thought it was worth mentioning. I would put it on par with the Speck Pixelskin in terms of weight but it's more evenly distributed (the Speck Pixelskin was very top heavy cause of the cover) so it feels better. I'm switching to this case from the STM Skinny which basically added no weight to the device but it barely offered any protection. I feel much better with this case protecting my ipad than the STM Skinny.

Looks wise this is the nicest looking case I've seen. It's a very business like, leather folio look. I didn't want anything crazy and this case fits the bill.

Also, I'd like to mention that the quality of the case is excellent. Very nice leather. No imperfections and it has a very nice feel.

mutantblack
Apr 18, 2011, 09:25 PM
what do you guys think about bluerex? very similar to toblino with more stand position.

http://www.amazon.com/BLUREX-Leather-folio-Built-Generation/dp/B004V48IOQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1303179137&sr=1-3

GadgetAddicted
Apr 18, 2011, 10:02 PM
what do you guys think about bluerex? very similar to toblino with more stand position.

http://www.amazon.com/BLUREX-Leather-folio-Built-Generation/dp/B004V48IOQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1303179137&sr=1-3

VERY..interesting..

DaGrandMastah
Apr 18, 2011, 10:04 PM

Looks the same but doesn't have the auto on/off feature which I think is a bigger deal then extra viewing positions IMO. I was just using the viewing stand on the Toblino for the MLB app and it's very good. Not sure what more positions would do but I guess it's always good to have options for someone who might not care about the auto on/off.

mutantblack
Apr 18, 2011, 10:18 PM
humm you have a point. smart on and off is a cool feature not needed on ipad 2. I guess I will go with Toblino.

DaGrandMastah
Apr 18, 2011, 10:28 PM
VERY..interesting..

Have you decided on which case you're getting? I know you've been in and out of threads looking for ideas...wasn't sure if you made up your mind. My suggestions would be to check this case out, the SLM Skinny and the Marware CEO Hybrid (I was lucky to get it on amazon.com for 23.99 so I'm keeping my order even after I received this case).

Stay away from the Pixelskin though. I hated that case.

mutantblack
Apr 18, 2011, 11:31 PM
just bought me the toblino. Hope it's as good as I expect.

DaGrandMastah
Apr 18, 2011, 11:40 PM
just bought me the toblino. Hope it's as good as I expect.

Good choice! Hope you like it as much as i have.

GadgetAddicted
Apr 19, 2011, 01:06 AM
Have you decided on which case you're getting? I know you've been in and out of threads looking for ideas...wasn't sure if you made up your mind. My suggestions would be to check this case out, the SLM Skinny and the Marware CEO Hybrid (I was lucky to get it on amazon.com for 23.99 so I'm keeping my order even after I received this case).

Stay away from the Pixelskin though. I hated that case.

I ordered this Toblino 2 a while back...they made ONE exception to ship to Canada..now i'm just waiting for it. It's really the best case out there. I can't wait to get it!!!

DaGrandMastah
Apr 19, 2011, 08:09 AM
I ordered this Toblino 2 a while back...they made ONE exception to ship to Canada..now i'm just waiting for it. It's really the best case out there. I can't wait to get it!!!

Oh cool. Well good choice. I'm very happy with min. I've gone through a couple of cases (luckily was able to return them) so to finally get one yesterday that's the best of the bunch.

GadgetAddicted
Apr 19, 2011, 08:47 AM
Oh cool. Well good choice. I'm very happy with min. I've gone through a couple of cases (luckily was able to return them) so to finally get one yesterday that's the best of the bunch.

Yeah I wouldn't have known that it ever existed if you never created this thread so Thank you!!

DaGrandMastah
Apr 19, 2011, 10:04 AM
Yeah I wouldn't have known that it ever existed if you never created this thread so Thank you!!

No problem. I stumbled across this case. Glad to see the thread took off and people are buying this case. My friend just saw it and he's about to order one too. It's really very nice.

mutantblack
Apr 19, 2011, 11:37 AM
Good choice! Hope you like it as much as i have.

Hope so. Thanks for posting thread about this case. Can't wait to test out the case. If it doesn't work, I will buy switcheasy canvas.:D

DaGrandMastah
Apr 19, 2011, 11:48 AM
Hope so. Thanks for posting thread about this case. Can't wait to test out the case. If it doesn't work, I will buy switcheasy canvas.:D

No problem. If you don't like this one another suggestion is the STM Skinny....just doesn't offer much protection but it's thinner. Still has the auto wake feature. It's a matter of preference. I preferred the peace of mind of knowing that my case was a little more protected in my messenger bag while going to work but I did like the STM Skinny nonetheless.

mutantblack
Apr 19, 2011, 11:58 AM
I was looking at the skinny but I know I will hate that flap thing. Also there are some mix review of being auto off when you flip all the way back.

DaGrandMastah
Apr 19, 2011, 01:16 PM
I was looking at the skinny but I know I will hate that flap thing. Also there are some mix review of being auto off when you flip all the way back.

Yeah that was sort of annoying. I had absolutely no issues with it turning on or off. To the point where I was trying to stretch it and stopped because it wasn't turning it off and I felt like I may actually damange teh case if I pulled any further.

I did like the case but I'm returning it to ebags because of the Toblino. I much prefer this one.

The only thing I wish the Toblino case had is a strap on the inside like the Marware CEO Hybrid. I think they're the only company that actually has that but I think that'll be very useful on the train. It's not a necessity but I think it's a pretty cool feature.

Other than that this case is pretty much perfect.

skids929
Apr 19, 2011, 02:14 PM
Got mine today, first impressions:

1) leather is better than expected
2) Case does cover speaker a wee bit
3) case is very stiff and will take longer than "3 minutes" to break in for the typing position to be properly evaluated.
4) 2 Prongs to release iPad are stiff and need to be released by hand each time, which to me is a little cloodgy.
5) case adds alot of weight to the iPad, I literally feel like it is 1.5 times as
heavy.
6) One small QC issue whereby the inside of the felt liner has a very small chunk take out of it. Nothing to be overly concerned about
7) Wish it had one more stand channel position. Otherwise it's very solid in the two that are there, with no bounce.
8) has that funky made in china kind of smell.
9) fit is good, but took some playing around with to get the camera centered

Overall not a bad value for the $$, leather is nice and the case is slim, although adds some weight to the iPad. Gives the iPad a very professional classy, clean look. Not sure I can personally get past the prongs and the bouncy typing position, and the prongs over the bezel. My impression with the typing position is the case wasn't designed to be used this way. Break-in will be the final judge of that aspect.

This is definitely a Noreve Tradition B contender here, same form factor, slight lesser quality but crushes the Noreve in price. If you were one who loves that case, consider this. Otherwise this is case is the same as most others where you have to compromise something you want in a folio type case. But overall scores fairly high for me. Not sure if I will keep or not, or continue the quest. My Vaja will be in soon and will make the final judgement then.

GadgetAddicted
Apr 19, 2011, 05:06 PM
Just got my Toblino..first things first...the smell is just mmmmmmmmmm. Am I a bad person? Haha.

Also, there's a very tiny blemish on the back...sorta like a bump. No biggie

GadgetAddicted
Apr 19, 2011, 09:36 PM
The ONLY downside that I can see so far...the weight. It's now HEAVY HEAVY but it is noticeable. Either way, I like the weight. It's like I like the weight of my Canon DSLR as opposed to my point and shoot..

batman75
Apr 20, 2011, 09:08 PM
Yeah that was sort of annoying. I had absolutely no issues with it turning on or off. To the point where I was trying to stretch it and stopped because it wasn't turning it off and I felt like I may actually damange teh case if I pulled any further.

I did like the case but I'm returning it to ebags because of the Toblino. I much prefer this one.

The only thing I wish the Toblino case had is a strap on the inside like the Marware CEO Hybrid. I think they're the only company that actually has that but I think that'll be very useful on the train. It's not a necessity but I think it's a pretty cool feature.

Other than that this case is pretty much perfect.

If you want a strap, look at the Maroo case. Very well designed for a commuter.

batman75
Apr 20, 2011, 09:14 PM
I received this case but will be returning it.

Positives of the Toblino 2:
1) Slim
2) Smart cover on-off feature
3) In stock with Amazon Prime shipping
4) Cheap

Negatives of the Toblino 2:
1) Feels cheap. The interior lining seems more like felt than microfiber. By contrast the microfiber on the Maroo case feels more like suede. And others just use leather on the inside (e.g. Noreve). The leather also feels cheap (compared with the $40 Cyberacoustics case). Doesn't seem like Napa leather to me. My car has Napa leather and there is no comparison.
2) I don't like the way it holds the iPad. You have to pop it out of the corner hooks on one side every time you want to use Cinema mode. I worry this will cause wear on the corners of the iPad.
3) Feels flimsy.
4) I can see the microfiber is going to start peeling at the edges on the clasp and on the corners. One person has already posted about this but I am experiencing it too.
5) It is heavy.

I'm going to return it.

Question is whether to stick with Maroo (well made but bulky) or try Noreve (similar design to Toblino but better quality leather). I suspect the Noreve will be good, but I worry the issue with having to pop the corners out of the mount will still be an issue with Noreve.

skids929
Apr 20, 2011, 09:23 PM
I received this case but will be returning it.

Positives of the Toblino 2:
1) Slim
2) Smart cover on-off feature
3) In stock with Amazon Prime shipping
4) Cheap

Negatives of the Toblino 2:
1) Feels cheap. The interior lining seems more like felt than microfiber. By contrast the microfiber on the Maroo case feels more like suede. And others just use leather on the inside (e.g. Noreve). The leather also feels cheap (compared with the $40 Cyberacoustics case). Doesn't seem like Napa leather to me. My car has Napa leather and there is no comparison.
2) I don't like the way it holds the iPad. You have to pop it out of the corner hooks on one side every time you want to use Cinema mode. I worry this will cause wear on the corners of the iPad.
3) Feels flimsy.
4) I can see the microfiber is going to start peeling at the edges on the clasp and on the corners. One person has already posted about this but I am experiencing it too.

I'm going to return it.

Question is whether to stick with Maroo (well made but bulky) or try Noreve (similar design to Toblino but better quality leather). I suspect the Noreve will be good, but I worry the issue with having to pop the corners out of the mount will still be an issue with Noreve.

I agree with what you have said here for the most part..The leather is definitely not Napa, but it's decent enough.

Overall the corners are kind of a nuisance. Not kid friendly AT ALL. IF you plan on handing this off to your kid to play with, like we do, it causes some problems since my 4 year old can't open it, and definitely can't pop it out of those prongs-for some this might be a good thing. I also do not like the look of the prongs on the bezel, drives me crazy. Dont like how heavy it is either, adds alot of weight to the iPad. I do like how it looks (closed) and how slim it is. Thats about it though. Sleep/wake isn't worth giving credit for, every case should have it. This case is adeqaute but a series of compromises for me. I may return mine as well.

Noreve is just a higher quality version of this with a leather interior. I wouldn't waste the money if you don't like the prongs. At that point go Vaja Libretto, thats what I have coming any day now. Much better overall form factor, look. The way it folds the cover out of the way of everything in typing and portrait positions is great. Immaculate bezel too. Naked corner is about the only knock on it.

mutantblack
Apr 21, 2011, 02:44 AM
just got the case today. The ipad fits like a glove. No room to wiggle. But the latch to close is super stiff. Opening and closing take so much effort. iPad look really slick in it but the weight is almost unbearable. The clip that hold the iPad is not as bad to unclip and quite easy but overtime I am worried it will put some marks on iPad. I will try this for few days and if it doesn't work out, I will have to go with switcheasy canvas.

Oh yea, the leather does smell nice.

GadgetAddicted
Apr 21, 2011, 09:26 AM
just got the case today. The ipad fits like a glove. No room to wiggle. But the latch to close is super stiff. Opening and closing take so much effort. iPad look really slick in it but the weight is almost unbearable. The clip that hold the iPad is not as bad to unclip and quite easy but overtime I am worried it will put some marks on iPad. I will try this for few days and if it doesn't work out, I will have to go with switcheasy canvas.

Oh yea, the leather does smell nice.

I don't think the weight is TOO bad. Coming from an iPad 1, I felt that the iPad 2 was a little too light for my liking. This case made up for that lost weight! Yes the only fugly thing about it are the clasps on the bezel...small price to pay.

batman75
Apr 21, 2011, 09:40 AM
Noreve is just a higher quality version of this with a leather interior. I wouldn't waste the money if you don't like the prongs. At that point go Vaja Libretto, thats what I have coming any day now. Much better overall form factor, look. The way it folds the cover out of the way of everything in typing and portrait positions is great. Immaculate bezel too. Naked corner is about the only knock on it.

I agree. I am waiting for cases.com to get the libretto in stock. Vaja charges sales tax to Florida which meant it came out at around $190 with shipping and tax. With cases.com there is no tax, no shipping and sometimes coupons. I'll probably be able to pick it up for $140 or less.

celo48
Apr 21, 2011, 10:01 AM
I agree. I am waiting for cases.com to get the libretto in stock. Vaja charges sales tax to Florida which meant it came out at around $190 with shipping and tax. With cases.com there is no tax, no shipping and sometimes coupons. I'll probably be able to pick it up for $140 or less.

You guys are comparing a $40 case vs. $140. I have the Toblino and I am not too impressed either but you need to compare Toblino to some other more affordable cases.

Mike4AU
Apr 21, 2011, 10:01 AM
But the latch to close is super stiff. Opening and closing take so much effort.

I have one coming next week, and if I find that the clips and latch are too rigid, I am going to try a trick that a little birdie shared with me. Heat them up with a hair dryer, to lessen the rigidity. I have no idea if this will work, but I am willing to try it, if I deem it necessary.

Zodiak
Apr 21, 2011, 01:34 PM
I know its still early but any news on production of the Argyle and the red or black linning?

DaGrandMastah
Apr 21, 2011, 04:24 PM
I don't think the weight is TOO bad. Coming from an iPad 1, I felt that the iPad 2 was a little too light for my liking. This case made up for that lost weight! Yes the only fugly thing about it are the clasps on the bezel...small price to pay.

I've been using this case for a week now and I love it. It's been broken in so that it's much easier to fodl back....not as stiff. I really have no problems with the look of the case but that's just me.

As for the stand feature, this is definitely my preferred method going forward. This is the most stable way to stand up the case that I've come across. The STM Skinny (folds back into a slit) is also fairly rigid but I was worried that I would dirty the inside felt lining when putting it on a table. I despise the Apple Smart Cover stands that fold at the bottom though. Those fall over too easy. Overall this has been my favorite stand....and going forward if I buy a new case I'll actually look for something that stands up this way.

kschles
Apr 21, 2011, 04:52 PM
You guys are comparing a $40 case vs. $140. I have the Toblino and I am not too impressed either but you need to compare Toblino to some other more affordable cases.

I think they were comparing the Vaja to the Noreve, which is another luxury case maker.

batman75
Apr 21, 2011, 04:57 PM

We were comparing Vaja to Noreve.

However on the topic of the Toblino, the $40 cyberacoustics case is superior to my Toblino case in many regards and addresses all of the shortcomings explained in my review. I think it would be insane to use a Toblino instead of a Cyberacoustics case.

msk12
Apr 21, 2011, 06:00 PM
We were comparing Vaja to Noreve.

However on the topic of the Toblino, the $40 cyberacoustics case is superior to my Toblino case in many regards and addresses all of the shortcomings explained in my review. I think it would be insane to use a Toblino instead of a Cyberacoustics case.

Do you already have the cyber acoustic case? If you already have it can you post pics comparing the thickness? It seems that the c.a. adds a lot more bulk than the toblino.

mutantblack
Apr 21, 2011, 07:12 PM
ok. another thing I just noticed, as you know I just got my case yesterday and I flip all the way back to use my ipad most of the time, the leather is crease now. If the case show sighs of usage like that within 1 day, I don't know how long it will last.:(

skids929
Apr 21, 2011, 07:19 PM
Oh and by the way...If you have Zagg on the front of your iPad you can kiss it goodbye. I put Zagg on because there were literally no cases available when I got my iPad2 and I couldn't stand a naked iPad, so I Zagged it front and back. The (middle) prongs over the front killed the invisible shield on the front of my iPad2. Say goodbye to my iPad condom.

Another reason to get the Vaja or some other case that doesn't touch the bezel. Uhhhhgggh!

This case just cost me $30. It will be going back tonight to recoup some of the $$. My personal rating of this case is downgraded to mediocre at best. Too many compromises for my needs.

mutantblack
Apr 21, 2011, 07:32 PM
Oh and by the way...If you have Zagg on the front of your iPad you can kiss it goodbye. I put Zagg on because there were literally no cases available when I got my iPad2 and I couldn't stand a naked iPad, so I Zagged it front and back. The (middle) prongs over the front killed the invisible shield on the front of my iPad2. Say goodbye to my iPad condom.

Another reason to get the Vaja or some other case that doesn't touch the bezel. Uhhhhgggh!

This case just cost me $30. It will be going back tonight to recoup some of the $$. My personal rating of this case is downgraded to mediocre at best. Too many compromises for my needs.

How come you only paid $30? I've paid $40. And I have screen protector and no issue in the dept.

skids929
Apr 21, 2011, 07:44 PM

I am not comparing quality with the Vaja, I am comparing form. The primary difference in price between these two is in the quality of the materials and where and how it's made. No comparison there.

The point is, the formfactor on this case is problematic compared to a case like a Vaja. But if one were to want this FF, I would shoot for the switcheasy or the Noreve.

It's a shame I packed it up tonight for a return because I loved having something on my iPad. Alas, I continue to wait.

longlong14
Apr 21, 2011, 08:19 PM
i have a case that has the same folding mechanism as the libretto, and to be honest, it sucks. only 2 positions, and it's a hassle if you orientation lock your device, it's such a compromise, might as well get a dodo case/portenzo.
the leather on the libretto sure looks nice, but ugggg, that logo, is so in your face and makes the whole thing look cheap.
i wish i could get something with toblino/ceo2's fold and portenzo's form factor.

skids929
Apr 21, 2011, 08:46 PM
i have a case that has the same folding mechanism as the libretto, and to be honest, it sucks. only 2 positions, and it's a hassle if you orientation lock your device, it's such a compromise, might as well get a dodo case/portenzo.
the leather on the libretto sure looks nice, but ugggg, that logo, is so in your face and makes the whole thing look cheap.
i wish i could get something with toblino/ceo2's fold and portenzo's form factor.

Right, right..Because the DODO bird on the inside cover and the gigantic logo on the DODO and Portenzo cases isn't in your face at all.

I would never put subject my iPad to a DODO case, and I hear they had problems holding the device because the bumper holders wear out over time. Maybe if I were a teacher and just got tenure I would go out an splurge on a DOODOO or a Portenzo case.

Not that the Libretto is the best case by any means, I am sure I will find fault and I will be sure to call it out. But if your criteria is to protect the iPad with a Folio style case, and maintain the looks of it as much as you can it's a heck of a choice. To be completely honest, I question how useful the upright stand position is on the Libretto, and how stable it will be. Won't know until it's in my hands, but if it sucks I will be the first to say so. One thing is for sure the DOODOO or the Portenzo is not for me, in fact I think what it does to the iPad is hideous.

GadgetAddicted
Apr 21, 2011, 08:47 PM
ok. another thing I just noticed, as you know I just got my case yesterday and I flip all the way back to use my ipad most of the time, the leather is crease now. If the case show sighs of usage like that within 1 day, I don't know how long it will last.:(

Anyone else have this problem??

mutantblack
Apr 21, 2011, 10:12 PM

if nobody else have the problem and only me, then I will exchange it.

GadgetAddicted
Apr 21, 2011, 11:40 PM
if nobody else have the problem and only me, then I will exchange it.

There should be a way to avoid this...BTW some people here are saying that this isn't napa leather?? What is it then??

johnc22
Apr 22, 2011, 08:48 AM
There should be a way to avoid this...BTW some people here are saying that this isn't napa leather?? What is it then??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nappa_leather

For about $40 I doubt it's Nappa/Napa leather either, but who knows? I would imagine the marketing term "napa" is used loosely throughout the leather goods industry. BMW used to use Nappa leather on their higher end models' seats.

batman75
Apr 22, 2011, 08:56 AM

I don't know what it is, but if I compare it with the Napa leather in the BMW (which is an upgrade over the standard BMW leather), there is a night and day difference. Compared with the BMW Napa leather, the Toblino leather is thin, rough and industrial feeling.

DaGrandMastah
Apr 22, 2011, 09:54 AM

I don't really think that's as much a sign of wear as it's just the position that you have the case when folded back. If that were showing when it was closed then I would understand the concern but I'm gonna assume you don't see anything when it's closed.

DaGrandMastah
Apr 22, 2011, 09:58 AM

I'm not showing that problem but see my previous post. That just seems like a product of the position the case was in. I've been using the case for a week on a consistent basis and I haven't noticed any wear whatsoever.

Just from a logical perspective, I can't see the leather NOT scrunching like that when it's in that position though. Now, if the leather is actually loose from the felt or is bubbling then that's a different story. I'm just going off of those pictures but it doesn't look like anything that's actually wrong with the case.

mutantblack
Apr 22, 2011, 11:06 AM
I don't really think that's as much a sign of wear as it's just the position that you have the case when folded back. If that were showing when it was closed then I would understand the concern but I'm gonna assume you don't see anything when it's closed.

I can take pic of it close. I can see the crease even when the case is closed.
Understand it is caused by how I position to use it but it looks like that under a day of usage is not a good sign.

GadgetAddicted
Apr 22, 2011, 11:13 AM
Understand it is caused by how I position to use it but it looks like that under a day of usage is not a good sign.

Let's have a look? Post pictures.

mutantblack
Apr 22, 2011, 11:48 AM
Let's have a look? Post pictures.

Don't know you can see it in the pic but here it is. I can see it in person. Very noticeable.:o
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa247/mutantblack/7f592465.jpg

DaGrandMastah
Apr 22, 2011, 11:48 AM

Hmm. if you see it when it's closed then maybe it's a defective case. I can confirm that I don't see this at all when it's closed.

EDIT - Just saw the pictures. Like I said above, I don't have this problem at all. I see what you mean though. My suggestion would be to try and contact the company and exchange the case since it does appear to be a defect. They seem to be very courteous and helpful to their customers. Based on those pics it looks like the leather is a little loose on that section which is causing it to "bubble" but I'm not an expert.

rdodge
Apr 22, 2011, 12:37 PM

I have looked at your pictures and really twisted hard on the spine of a half dozen cases to try to replicate your issue and was not able to. You can contact me using email, PM, or through Amazon and I will get another case out to you.

For the person who sent the wikipedia article about Nappa leather. The material from our supplier was called "Nappa leather" and we put that in our description. I contacted a leather expert I know and he said there is no set definition of Nappa leather other than the same texture of the old Nappa bomber jackets. We have removed the word Nappa from any descriptions to avoid confusion in the future.

mutantblack
Apr 22, 2011, 02:13 PM
I have looked at your pictures and really twisted hard on the spine of a half dozen cases to try to replicate your issue and was not able to. You can contact me using email, PM, or through Amazon and I will get another case out to you.

Thanks. Sent you the pm. Hope I can exchange my case.

DaGrandMastah
Apr 22, 2011, 03:01 PM
I thought Napa leather was just a description of regular leather....eh.

That's another thing I really like about this case....the smell. It definitely smells like real leather. I'm kinda hoping that it doesn't fade as those smells tend to do.

Glad to see the problem wasn't for all the cases. Hope the next case you get resolves the problem.

johnc22
Apr 22, 2011, 03:43 PM
I thought Napa leather was just a description of regular leather....eh.

That's another thing I really like about this case....the smell. It definitely smells like real leather. I'm kinda hoping that it doesn't fade as those smells tend to do.

Glad to see the problem wasn't for all the cases. Hope the next case you get resolves the problem.

Much like nice car seats you can always apply a nice coat of leather conditioner to bring it back (though test on a small area before lathering it on).

GadgetAddicted
Apr 22, 2011, 06:52 PM
Much like nice car seats you can always apply a nice coat of leather conditioner to bring it back (though test on a small area before lathering it on).

Are there any conditioners that would get rid of the crease marks one of the users was getting in the previous pages?

johnc22
Apr 22, 2011, 07:42 PM
Are there any conditioners that would get rid of the crease marks one of the users was getting in the previous pages?

No, those pictures look like the leather has wrinkled up but not due to dryness or aging, just due to either manufacturing or the way the leather lays on the case. I don't have this case so not sure. The conditioner is probably overkill on these cases whereas car seats tend to sit in both brutal heat and freezing cold and are prone to dry and age, not to mention the everyday friction of having someone's ass planted in them. I suggested it merely as a way to get back that excellent leather smell, though some might not like it.

GadgetAddicted
Apr 22, 2011, 09:27 PM
No, those pictures look like the leather has wrinkled up but not due to dryness or aging, just due to either manufacturing or the way the leather lays on the case. I don't have this case so not sure. The conditioner is probably overkill on these cases whereas car seats tend to sit in both brutal heat and freezing cold and are prone to dry and age, not to mention the everyday friction of having someone's ass planted in them. I suggested it merely as a way to get back that excellent leather smell, though some might not like it.

Thank you for the clarification..I LOVE that leather smell...any conditioners that you recommend??

johnc22
Apr 22, 2011, 09:41 PM
Thank you for the clarification..I LOVE that leather smell...any conditioners that you recommend??

I use griots and pinnacle on my car seats, but you have to order those. I'd just look for some Lexol wipes at any auto parts store, but test it on a hidden bit of leather first to make sure it doesn't have any undesirable effects.

It probably helps to get the leather sort of warm before you do it (hair dryer), or take the iPad out, apply conditioner and stick it in the sun. Then just wipe it down after 30 minutes or so.

skids929
Apr 23, 2011, 08:23 AM

Conditioners? For a low grade leather? I think you might be going overboard here. This is a throw away case at best, if it lasts your more than a year of regular use I would be surprised. Outside of great support I see no reason to get crazy over this case.

BTW, I thought what little leather smell there was was completely overpowered by a made in China glue smell out of the package.

batman75
Apr 23, 2011, 10:05 AM
I was about to return this case to Amazon but while I was out of the house, my cleaning lady threw away the wrapper it came in.

Will they still give me a refund?

mutantblack
Apr 23, 2011, 10:33 AM
I was about to return this case to Amazon but while I was out of the house, my cleaning lady threw away the wrapper it came in.

Will they still give me a refund?

you can try contact to the seller. They are very good at customer service.

GadgetAddicted
Apr 23, 2011, 12:00 PM
Does anyone know what sort of warranty this case comes with? Is it a 1 year standard warranty??

3goldens
Apr 23, 2011, 11:20 PM
Does anyone know what sort of warranty this case comes with? Is it a 1 year standard warranty??

warranty? for a case!

What the hell do you think is going to happen to it?

I got mine today from Amazon, opened it, inserted ipad 2 and decided right away it was not for me.

Very very stiff, 2 cut outs for viewing angles, 2! I mean could they have at least put in three if not four, 2 is just stupid and not enough of a choice for all situations. Its also made of really cheap chinese leather, and has a foul smell.

No thanks!

Packed it up and sent it back!

skids929
Apr 24, 2011, 08:30 AM
warranty? for a case!

I got mine today from Amazon, opened it, inserted ipad 2 and decided right away it was not for me.

Very very stiff, 2 cut outs for viewing angles, 2! I mean could they have at least put in three if not four, 2 is just stupid and not enough of a choice for all situations. Its also made of really cheap chinese leather, and has a foul smell.

No thanks!

Warranties and leather conditioner! Gimme a break

longlong14
Apr 24, 2011, 11:05 AM
Conditioners? For a low grade leather? I think you might be going overboard here. This is a throw away case at best, if it lasts your more than a year of regular use I would be surprised. Outside of great support I see no reason to get crazy over this case.

BTW, I thought what little leather smell there was was completely overpowered by a made in China glue smell out of the package.

Ok, what case isn't a throw away case? Lol, are you going to use the iPad 2 for the rest of your life or something?

N23
Apr 24, 2011, 01:26 PM
Don't know you can see it in the pic but here it is. I can see it in person. Very noticeable.:o
Image (http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa247/mutantblack/7f592465.jpg)
Are you having it exchanged? My case does the same.

rdodge
Apr 24, 2011, 01:36 PM

I believe the full warranty details are on our web site, but the warranty states "...free from defects in workmanship and materials under normal use for a period of one year from the original purchase date".

buzzscott
Apr 24, 2011, 01:57 PM
warranty? for a case!

No thanks!

I saw your review on Amazon, then looked at your other reviews. In it you recommended the "Mophie" case. Then I clicked on your other reviews and found 8 five star reviews and 7 one star reviews for iphone/ipad products. All 8 good reviews were for Mophie products and the 7 bad reviews were for competitors. At least rdodge admits he works for the manufacture.

GadgetAddicted
Apr 24, 2011, 02:19 PM
I believe the full warranty details are on our web site, but the warranty states "...free from defects in workmanship and materials under normal use for a period of one year from the original purchase date".

PErfect! The one year warranty makes me more comfortable about this purchase.

mutantblack
Apr 24, 2011, 03:34 PM
Are you having it exchanged? My case does the same.

Yes. Contact rdoge and he will take care of you. He's the seller and pretty active on the forum.

rdodge
Apr 24, 2011, 03:53 PM
I mean could they have at least put in three if not four, 2 is just stupid and not enough of a choice for all situations.

I will tell you why we did not put three or four notches. Notches low work well for the iPad 1 because it is square. It has a sharp angle to grip and works well at any angle. I have some prototypes (and some competitor products) at my office of 4 notch iPad 2 cases, but the lower notches slip right out because of the curves in the iPad.

We are working on new designs for the future, but for this type of case the two notches and the bottom typing angle work best.

3goldens
Apr 24, 2011, 04:19 PM
I will tell you why we did not put three or four notches. Notches low work well for the iPad 1 because it is square. It has a sharp angle to grip and works well at any angle. I have some prototypes (and some competitor products) at my office of 4 notch iPad 2 cases, but the lower notches slip right out because of the curves in the iPad.

We are working on new designs for the future, but for this type of case the two notches and the bottom typing angle work best.

Have to disagree with you, sorry. I have a four notch ipad 1 case that I converted to work with Ipad 2 and it works perfectly. 2 notches is just limiting and who is to say the angles that you all picked are going to fit the the viewing habits of the entire ipad population?

I also I use my original Mophie workbook, fits perfectly with a Mareware microshell, and that uses no notches, imagine that! It simply uses a strip of velcro along the bottom so one has virtually any angle viewing at their disposal.

I've seen the designs for the new Mophie workbook and they'll use the same format, its the way to go on these things.

skids929
Apr 24, 2011, 04:22 PM
Ok, what case isn't a throw away case? Lol, are you going to use the iPad 2 for the rest of your life or something?

Ahhhm, I am not the one asking about warranties and leather conditioner, maybe you meant this for them. Also, people that buy a Noreve etc. and cases at that price point don't consider them throw away cases. Just ask the people trying to retrofit older ( pricier) iPad 1 cases to the iPad 2. But I will most certainly be using the iPad longer than this case would serve me. And just for the record I am also not looking for it to last either, never said a word about it lasting a long time in fact. I would however be ok with chucking this when I move on to some other device, it just doesn't do what I want ( and a few others) want it to do.

This case is fine, as long as you don't expect too much out of it and understand the things it does not do well. For example, the bouncing up and down I am experiencing when I type in the lowest position.

3goldens
Apr 24, 2011, 05:13 PM
I saw your review on Amazon, then looked at your other reviews. In it you recommended the "Mophie" case. Then I clicked on your other reviews and found 8 five star reviews and 7 one star reviews for iphone/ipad products. All 8 good reviews were for Mophie products and the 7 bad reviews were for competitors. At least rdodge admits he works for the manufacture.

I do not work for Mophie, I am a consumer of Mophie products.

Not sure what kind of person goes to another web site, reads positive and mind you consistently positive reviews on a product made by a manufacturer, and thinks, hey this guy must work for the company and then proceeds to another site, where they post on a public forum this accusation.

That takes some nerve.

For your information, there have been several iphones, hence there have been several Mophie iphone products, all of which I have tried and all of which I have had excellent experiences with. They make outstanding, well designed, quality products consistently. This coupled with the best customer service I have encountered on the web this makes them the primary manufacturer I go to for these kinds of products.

Sorry the truth makes you skeptical of intentions, but I assure you every word of what I wrote was based on what I was using and my experience with it. I do have a degree of knowledge of overall product design and quality so I use that experience as well.

I purchase many accessories based on the threads, posts, opinions, and reviews I read. I actually thought that was the point, to get others experience, the disclaimer being one needs to use the old BS meter to weed out the rantings of the charlatans, no nothings and idiots out there.

I must say honestly that not once have I ever thought while reading any of the above, oh they must be a shill for the company. To be perfectly honest, to me, that's the sign of a fundamentally dishonest thought process.

Whatever I write, whether it be a review or an opinion it is based solely on my own experience and thoughts.

If you want to believe something otherwise better learn how to look at things differently and not be so skeptical, you might actually learn something about quality.

N23
Apr 24, 2011, 10:44 PM
Yes. Contact rdoge and he will take care of you. He's the seller and pretty active on the forum.

Thanks, I did just that. Awesome customer support behind this product.

skids929
Apr 25, 2011, 10:30 AM

Oh you're a smart one..I am not the one asking about warranties and leather conditioner so maybe you meant this for them. I think you will find alot of people here are trying to retrofit more expensive cases from iPad1 to iPad2, so not ALL cases are considered throw aways.

But to crush your pointless point..This case is undoubtedly a throwaway which has it's advantages for some buyers I would imagine. My point is sound, people use forums to make decisions on purchases for lots of accessories, and the weaknesses of this case should be noted for people to make an informed buying decision. Take for example the bouncing up and down I am experiencing as a type this response.

If your looking for a high quality case with "Napa" leather etc look elsewhere, this case is mediocre, decent value, limited functionality, great service.

In the end, we eventually we throw everything away so lets not focus on quality and function of anything with your logic.

longlong14
Apr 25, 2011, 02:35 PM
Oh you're a smart one..I am not the one asking about warranties and leather conditioner so maybe you meant this for them. I think you will find alot of people here are trying to retrofit more expensive cases from iPad1 to iPad2, so not ALL cases are considered throw aways.

But to crush your pointless point..This case is undoubtedly a throwaway which has it's advantages for some buyers I would imagine. My point is sound, people use forums to make decisions on purchases for lots of accessories, and the weaknesses of this case should be noted for people to make an informed buying decision. Take for example the bouncing up and down I am experiencing as a type this response.

If your looking for a high quality case with "Napa" leather etc look elsewhere, this case is mediocre, decent value, limited functionality, great service.

In the end, we eventually we throw everything away so lets not focus on quality and function of anything with your logic.
the reason why people would "retrofit" their ipad 1 cases, is that at the end of a product cycle, the case will retain 20% of it original value at best, it's better to reuse yesteryear's case than throwing it away. plus, at the end of the day, all these cases are just no name brands (the more expensive ones included unless its LV gucci etc), very few people outside of this forum will care.
they wish they could throw away the more expensive ones, but they can't, they paid 150+ dollars for it.
and honestly i do not see you've made any point? bouncing up and down? i do not experience that at all, in fact, a few amazon reviewers noted that this case is relatively stable in the lowest typing position. did you simply watch the toblino ipad 1 case review and find some random complaints that do not really apply to the second generation version?
and you know, next year when the ipad3 comes out, i am going to throw this case away and buy the toblino for ipad 3, instead of trying to retrofit something that's not even designed for the product and end up making the whole thing look stupid.

skids929
Apr 25, 2011, 04:31 PM
the reason why people would "retrofit" their ipad 1 cases, is that at the end of a product cycle, the case will retain 20% of it original value at best, it's better to reuse yesteryear's case than throwing it away. plus, at the end of the day, all these cases are just no name brands (the more expensive ones included unless its LV gucci etc), very few people outside of this forum will care.
they wish they could throw away the more expensive ones, but they can't, they paid 150+ dollars for it.
and honestly i do not see you've made any point? bouncing up and down? i do not experience that at all, in fact, a few amazon reviewers noted that this case is relatively stable in the lowest typing position. did you simply watch the toblino ipad 1 case review and find some random complaints that do not really apply to the second generation version?
and you know, next year when the ipad3 comes out, i am going to throw this case away and buy the toblino for ipad 3, instead of trying to retrofit something that's not even designed for the product and end up making the whole thing look stupid.

Good luck with your case dongdong.. And I wish all the best with your iPad3 that you already have your heart set on. I mean maybe you will get lucky and the iPad3 will have the same form factor and you can use the Toblino 2 case, assuming it holds up for you.

Me, I am headed out to trade in my car for a baseline piece of crap with cloth and no A/C and roll down windows. Then I am going to look a the previous years model and review it based on that.

Peace out

HDJulie
Apr 25, 2011, 06:21 PM
I just got the case today & I like it. Yes, the leather is tight right now & takes a little doing to manipulate but I think that will easily work itself out. I'm happy with the case & will write more after having it a few more days.

skids929
Apr 25, 2011, 09:57 PM
iFrogz has a nice case coming out that functions the same way as the Toblino has more positions, NO bezel coverage etc..Not released yet but looks promising for the person attracted to this style case. Reasonably priced as well.

http://ifrogz.com/iPad2

mutantblack
Apr 25, 2011, 11:08 PM
iFrogz has a nice case coming out that functions the same way as the Toblino has more positions, NO bezel coverage etc..Not released yet but looks promising for the person attracted to this style case. Reasonably priced as well.

http://ifrogz.com/iPad2

They look like switcheasy canvas. I like it. We will see how the review of the case.

psychonaut
Apr 26, 2011, 10:39 PM
Wow! That is a direct rip of the canvas but in other colors. I might have to get one :)

mutantblack
Apr 27, 2011, 02:24 AM
The replacement case that I've received is perfect. No issue at all. Now I am very happy with it. Best customer service I've ever dealt with.

jamaicakevkev
Apr 27, 2011, 11:23 PM
Just got my ipad2 3G 64gb yesterday and my toblino case.At first I regretted my order, an issue with the 6 clips, and was wanting the switcheasy canvas or the yoobao leather case. The switch easy was out of stock, until the minute after amazon shipped the toblino and the yoobao was getting tons of bad reviews about being toxic and magnet issues. Recieved iPad and case together and this toblino is really nice a good smelling leather a slim fit with a hard protective case. What's funny though is that It now feels about as heavy as my daughters 11" MacBook airs. Anyway it's a case and it works well. The bottom clips not an issue, typing position and viewing positions are great.

rdodge
Apr 29, 2011, 07:08 PM
I said I would post some pictures and stuff when we had them available. Here are the four color cases that will be available Mid-May. We are going to be running this ad in July's Skymall, so look for the Toblino on your future flights.

jokerz126
Apr 29, 2011, 07:49 PM
any idea how this toblino will do with Ghost Armor on front and back of ipad 2?
still looking for the perfect solution which wont conflict with the Armor...

Thanks!

Mike4AU
Apr 29, 2011, 08:16 PM
I said I would post some pictures and stuff when we had them available. Here are the four color cases that will be available Mid-May. We are going to be running this ad in July's Skymall, so look for the Toblino on your future flights.

Robert, I am well pleased with my Toblino 2 case. The new colors also look good. Are you guys still going to do the Argyle version?

Thanks

N23
Apr 29, 2011, 08:19 PM

New colors look great!

HungryNoggin
Apr 29, 2011, 09:43 PM
Just received this case today from Amazon and I am very pleased.

I had the Marware CEO for iPad and was pleased, but I believe the quality of this case is better and I much prefer the leather look to the carbon fiber.

Some people have commented that having to unclip the bottom is a problem for them. I consider it preferable to the Marware I had which slipped out too easy. This made it "flop" around when trying to hold it in your hand like a book. The slightly tighter clips make it much more secure when in this configuration. Really, it is not difficult at all to unclip. Robert....please do not change this aspect.

I am really impressed with the feel of the leather and the stitching makes it look very high quality. It smells good, not that chemical smell that plagues some other cases.

The leather is somewhat stiff and has already relaxed a little with use. It does NOT bounce up and down as I type this. The stiffness actually seems to give it multiple low angle positions by simply pressing it down a little harder.

Again, I really did like my Marware CEO but I feel this is a superior.

Good work!

jokerz126
Apr 30, 2011, 12:18 PM
thanks for the info HungryNoggin...just wondering, how do you think the Toblino would do with a fron+back skin on it? will it be a tighter or less tighter fit than Marware CEO?

rdodge
Apr 30, 2011, 05:05 PM
any idea how this toblino will do with Ghost Armor on front and back of ipad 2?
still looking for the perfect solution which wont conflict with the Armor...

Thanks!

I have invisible shield on both sides of my iPad 1 and it works great with the Toblino 1. I don't have an iPad2 with a protector on it yet, so I can't tell you for sure. But the designs are almost identical, so I don't anticipate a problem.

rdodge
Apr 30, 2011, 08:21 PM
Robert, I am well pleased with my Toblino 2 case. The new colors also look good. Are you guys still going to do the Argyle version?

Thanks

Yes, we still plan to produce them. We were just not sure they would be ready by the time this ad was released so they were not included.

jokerz126
May 2, 2011, 11:51 PM
Robert, could you answer how the Toblino 2 will do with Ghost Armor on the front and back of the ipad 2? I am on the virge of purchasing it...just want to be somewhat sure it wont peel it off!

Thanks!

rdodge
May 3, 2011, 09:17 AM
Robert, could you answer how the Toblino 2 will do with Ghost Armor on the front and back of the ipad 2? I am on the virge of purchasing it...just want to be somewhat sure it wont peel it off!

Thanks!

I don't have any Ghost Armor at my office. All I have to go on is my Toblino 1 with the Invisible Shield on both sides and it works great. The Toblino 2's design is pretty much the same, so I think you should be fine.

I am sorry I don't have any more info for you.

swishbrade
May 3, 2011, 11:22 AM
I don't have any Ghost Armor at my office. All I have to go on is my Toblino 1 with the Invisible Shield on both sides and it works great. The Toblino 2's design is pretty much the same, so I think you should be fine.

I am sorry I don't have any more info for you.

Thanks for this reassuring confirmation. I will be pairing my Toblino2 with the BSE front and back.

swishbrade
May 3, 2011, 11:26 AM
I use griots and pinnacle on my car seats, but you have to order those.

Detailer alert :D!! Good stuff you are using there.

Zodiak
May 4, 2011, 06:26 AM
Any status update or pictures on production of the Toblino Argyle case? :)

Mark Morb
May 9, 2011, 06:15 AM
Is there anywhere in the UK stocking these cases?

pmarcovi
May 11, 2011, 09:46 AM

Who made the exception? Where did you order it from?

Anybody knows how to get it in Canada?

Zodiak
May 11, 2011, 11:24 AM
Same, I live in Canada.

But I am also waiting on an update from rdodge on production of the Argyle case for the iPad 2 :(