PDA

View Full Version : Why are we so crazy about the i products?

ihelen
Apr 12, 2011, 03:21 AM
So as an iphone/Macbook user, people have always asked me why we are so crazy about Apple, I can never quite pin it down... what do u think?:apple:

Synchromesh
Apr 12, 2011, 10:31 AM
I'm not. Haven't owned a single one yet.

Pink∆Floyd
Apr 12, 2011, 10:36 AM

Well what are you waiting for? :p

Mousse
Apr 12, 2011, 10:49 AM

Same boat here.

I'm waiting for someone tell me what's so great about them.:D

Hellhammer
Apr 12, 2011, 10:54 AM
Owning products from a certain brand does not make you crazy about it, unless that is the only brand you can see and talk about. I own an iMac, MBA and iPhone. Someone might call me a fanboy but I wouldn't.

If I could choose now, I would probably build a PC instead of buying an iMac and then possibly turn it into a Hackintosh. Okay, iMac was my first Mac so I was obviously excited and way too tired of my old Acer and Vista. Now that Windows 7 is here, things seem to be better in the Windows world.

Similar thing with the iPhone. I might go ahead and just get a cheap Android phone. Well, when I bought my iPhone, Android didn't exist, at least not like it does now. I'm not saying that I've been disappointed with these products, absolutely not, but I think that the non-Apple alternatives may offer more for me, at least per €.

When I bought my MBA in last November, I did some more research and wanted to get the best product for my needs. I wanted something light but a big, hi res screen, so a netbook was out of question. In the end, ultraportable market is pretty small and I couldn't find any laptops that could meet MBA. That plus my previous experience of Apple products made me to buy it, and I have been very pleased.

As long as you can think unbiasedly, you are not crazy about Apple. I can see the shortcomings of all Apple products I own and might make different decisions if I could choose now.

iMJustAGuy
Apr 12, 2011, 10:58 AM
Because they are shiny and have Apple logos on them. :D

roadbloc
Apr 12, 2011, 11:01 AM
I wouldn't say I'm crazy about them. I just trust the Apple brand, which is why, if Apple make a certain product I desire, I will certainly check it out before looking upon other brands.

Consultant
Apr 12, 2011, 11:07 AM
Time savings + lack of frustrations relative to other products.

iMJustAGuy
Apr 12, 2011, 11:14 AM

TIME SAVINGS!?!?! LOL! THE IRONY! (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1042784) Phew, that was funny. :p

ender land
Apr 12, 2011, 11:35 AM
iLike them.

I am willing to pay a premium for a product I use every day, essentially all day, to get a more enjoyable experience.

steadysignal
Apr 12, 2011, 11:44 AM
because iHate was out of stock at the time.

;)

mrsir2009
Apr 12, 2011, 01:07 PM
Haven't owned an iDevice yet, just lots and lots of Macs ;) Although I will buy an iPhone to replace my next phone :D

ihelen
Apr 13, 2011, 12:51 PM
I started off with a macbook because my boss was a fan and ever since the iphone came out, he has not stopped talking about how great it is. Then I guess I got brainwashed and got myself an iphone4 and have not looked back since. I got my husband a ipod touch and he was totally blown away by it. The other day he popped into the istore and i found him trying to sell a dad some screen protective covers for his daughter's ipod touch. That ever happen to you? Find yourself selling something with an Apple on it to a total stranger?

Dagless
Apr 13, 2011, 01:38 PM
I'm not. I like their iPods but there's a lot I don't like too; like almost every other tech company that I buy from.

Eidorian
Apr 13, 2011, 01:42 PM
I've only had my Macbook for the past 4 years. Boring otherwise.

Hans Brix
Apr 14, 2011, 12:09 AM
I love my MBP because of the trackpad. :eek:

CalBoy
Apr 14, 2011, 12:16 AM

This.

When I got my iPhone setup took all of 5 minutes with no labor on my part. Any other smartphone would have taken a while not only because syncing is typically more of a pain (or at least it used to be) but because the OSes are usually a little less user friendly.

Then there's also the design. Apple products have always been beautiful and well designed. They're a pleasure to use. This extends not only to the i devices but also to the macs.

We also have to admit, though, that we let these positives drag on our subjectivity. The i devices get less criticism from those who use and love them because we're willing to overlook flaws that we perhaps aren't so willing to overlook in other products.

wordoflife
Apr 14, 2011, 12:40 AM
So as an iphone/Macbook user, people have always asked me why we are so crazy about Apple, I can never quite pin it down... what do u think?:apple:

They look nice and work well. The price isn't too bad on them either.
I'm not that crazy about iProducts though.

Young Spade
Apr 15, 2011, 12:11 AM
Well I have only had mine for about a month now, but I would go with no frustration (everything is always fast, always ready to run), great battery life, an amazing OS (and I mean amazing coming from Windows XP), and great hardware. The trackpad is the most amazing trackpad I have ever used. I can't see myself using anything else.

On the contrary I love Android and have been beside that for about 7 months now; I love the iPhone's design but I don't like iOS in particular; the fact that I couldn't view flash on the iPad was a letdown as well.

Synchromesh
Apr 15, 2011, 11:08 AM

Waiting for iPhone 5 to come out. I would consider the 4 but it's old tech now. If iPhone 5 is as good as it should be I may grab it. Never needed an iPod and hate iPad with a passion (prefer a real laptop).

maflynn
Apr 15, 2011, 11:47 AM
why we are so crazy about Apple
I'm not.

While I own a number of macs, and iPhones, I also own a core i7 that is hackintoshable (I'm running windows 7 at the moment). I pick the device and/or computer that best fits my needs.

I have zero brand loyalty when it comes to my phones and computers. The cost of them is such that I choose which one that best suits my needs. This is particularly so with apple which you have to pay the apple-tax for many of their products. If I'm going to drop 2k on a new computer it better do what I want it too, otherwise I'll move on. I could care less if it had a glowing apple logo.

I know its heresy here on MR, but that's the way I roll ;)

OllyW
Apr 15, 2011, 11:57 AM
I have zero brand loyalty when it comes to my phones and computers. The cost of them is such that I choose which one that best suits my needs.

Same here.

It just happens that most of the products that currently suit my needs are made by Apple. I wouldn't hesitate to change though if something much better came along or if Apple were to get it wrong.