PDA

View Full Version : You know what I just realized

jnj967
Apr 16, 2011, 04:47 PM
So Ive debated for weeks (everyday on these forums, etc), gone back and forth asking myself "Should I get the 11 or 13"?, "Should I get more RAM?", "Should I get the 128gb if i get the 11?" What amount of extra money is worth extra RAM or HD space. After countless hours of searching websites, ebay, craigslist for the best deal, I just bit the bullet and bought a new base 11 inch from Amazon (I used amex reward points) for $929.

Ive had it for a week now and its awesome. I realized that all I do is surf the internet, use Thunderbird for work email and Office every once and a while. Its faster then any other Macbook Ive even own (even with better processors). At the end of the day I realized that this wasnt worth "future proofing" for $300-400 more dollars. Ive got an external USB for photos and music. And you know what? Ill probably end up selling this on Ebay in the next year and a half and then buy the newest Macbook rage for a couple hundred bucks after I sell the air.

I know some people really need the extra SSD or RAM, but the dang base model does a hell of a lot for a much more reasonable price tag