PDA

View Full Version : How to Cool your Macbook Air

bald
Apr 18, 2011, 01:14 PM
Hi guys,

I recently bought my MBA a week ago when I used it to drain the battery of course the fan will start moving faster and heat builds up same problem I had with my old MBP I guess with a faster processor there will always be more heat involved. I was wondering whats the best way to lessen the heat of my MBA?

gdeputy
Apr 18, 2011, 02:26 PM
The MBA in my experience doesn't get very warm.. Generally the machine does a great job of cooling itself. If your having severe heat I would consider bringing it to apple, or if it's not severe you can look into cooling pad solutions.

dime21
Apr 18, 2011, 02:51 PM
turn on the air conditioning in your home.

pimentoLoaf
Apr 18, 2011, 02:51 PM
I always have had success with a wire dishrack betwixt my Macs and some book. Otherwise, you can still get one of these (http://us.kensington.com/html/4766.html) for decent airflow over the aluminum.

SR71
Apr 18, 2011, 04:01 PM
turn on the air conditioning in your home.

I laughed out loud when I read this lol.

DreamSTi
Apr 18, 2011, 04:41 PM
Do you have the Ultimate by chance? Mine only gets warm when im running flash video's.

rookiezzz
Apr 18, 2011, 09:39 PM
I laughed out loud when I read this lol.

hey, in asia it's quite hot you know?? :mad:

Adamo
Apr 19, 2011, 09:16 PM
Tell me about it, 24 degrees celcius and it's 9:15am. :eek:

GadgetAddict
Apr 20, 2011, 12:04 AM
Install iStat Pro to monitor your laptop. It can help to identify what's causing the heating.

NZed
Apr 20, 2011, 06:28 AM
hey, in asia it's quite hot you know?? :mad:

Yes, but its designed to use in a heat like that. Or else you wouldnt get them there.

IngerMan
Apr 20, 2011, 06:38 AM
The Fridge:cool:

rookiezzz
Apr 20, 2011, 07:15 PM
Yes, but its designed to use in a heat like that. Or else you wouldnt get them there.

yeah, it might feels lame to turn on your air conditioner in america, but in asia it's a common thing.. also i've used a desktop w/o AC and with AC, u can see the difference!!

NZed
Apr 20, 2011, 11:58 PM
yeah, it might feels lame to turn on your air conditioner in america, but in asia it's a common thing.. also i've used a desktop w/o AC and with AC, u can see the difference!!

im from an asian country and i know how it feels... and i can also see the difference but i notice no performance change(of course)!

digitalica
Mar 7, 2014, 09:43 AM
same problem in italy too, I installed an utility like speedfan on pc, but i noticed that was giving problems cause it was always working, so uninstalled it but heat is often at 70C or more ... you think those usb support with fans should work? I think not so much...but I had the idea to enlarge the cuts on the chassis of the mba maybe just where the fan is... you think is ok?:confused::confused:

tdale
Mar 7, 2014, 03:01 PM

Heat in the body means that the heat is moving from the internals to the body where it will dissipate into the air, that is a good thing. The radiator in your car gets hot, that is heat escaping from the engine to keep the engine cool, same principle