PDA

View Full Version : Return policy?

zepharus
Apr 25, 2011, 06:53 PM
I see people talking about just buying an Air and returning it. What exactely is the policy if they buy online? Are these people paying restocking fees for simply returning an Air??

bcaslis
Apr 25, 2011, 08:14 PM
Apple used to charge a 10% restocking fee. They apparently have eliminated that so if you return within 14 days (and don't damage the product) you should get a full refund.

dudeofswim
Apr 25, 2011, 08:25 PM
I see people talking about just buying an Air and returning it. What exactely is the policy if they buy online? Are these people paying restocking fees for simply returning an Air??

First 2 weeks only. Edited.

bcaslis
Apr 25, 2011, 08:44 PM
Yes 10% if within 30 days but not within the first 2 weeks. First 2 weeks is no fee return at Apple.

I thought you couldn't return at all after 14 days? Are you sure you can return up to 30 days?

dudeofswim
Apr 25, 2011, 08:48 PM
I thought you couldn't return at all after 14 days? Are you sure you can return up to 30 days?
You are right.

For iPhone returns, please refer to the iPhone Return Policy section below. For eligible Mac, iPad, iPod, and third-party products, you have up to 14 calendar days from the time you receive your item(s) to initiate a return.
It's 30 days for iphone
http://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/salespolicies.html#topic-21

Chopstick217
Apr 25, 2011, 11:15 PM
I once returned a macbook after 14 days, the manager said he would make an exception for me. But generally, its 14 days, no restocking fee.

fyrefly
Apr 26, 2011, 12:44 AM
I once returned a macbook after 14 days, the manager said he would make an exception for me. But generally, its 14 days, no restocking fee.

You also can't return product bought online in the Retail Store.

You have to call Apple and they'll email you a pre-paid UPS Shipping label to attach to your box to return ship it back to them.