PDA

View Full Version : Alternatives to Speck Shell Case for 11" ?

OSMac
Apr 28, 2011, 09:52 AM
I like the idea of the Speck shell
http://www.speckproducts.com/satin-macbook-air-case-11-black.html

Any other shell type cases of note to consider?

TheMacBookPro
Apr 28, 2011, 10:31 AM
Well there's the clear Speck shell case.

I have the satin/matte black one on my Air and it doesn't add too much bulk/weight and it solves the hinge 'issue' (can't open with one hand easily b/c the bottom lifts up). Quite like it.

Haven't noticed any other similar cases yet (all the other 11" Air cases seem to be sleeves).

tarsierspectral
Apr 28, 2011, 12:30 PM
Well there's the clear Speck shell case.

I have the satin/matte black one on my Air and it doesn't add too much bulk/weight and it solves the hinge 'issue' (can't open with one hand easily b/c the bottom lifts up). Quite like it.

Haven't noticed any other similar cases yet (all the other 11" Air cases seem to be sleeves).
can you plug in the power cable both ways?

will0407
Apr 28, 2011, 05:57 PM

Yes you can. I have the see through satin black. Add no bulk and looks really smart as well

pinkoos
Apr 28, 2011, 06:30 PM
I've got this one from Amazon. $20. Mine is clear, so from afar you can't even tell the Air has a shell case until you get a bit closer. Also adds very minimal weight/bulk to the Air (looks very similar to the Speck case you linked to).

http://www.amazon.com/mCoverŽ-11-6-inch-MacBook-MC505LL-compatible/dp/B004H3QD02/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1304033327&sr=8-1

TheMacBookPro
Apr 30, 2011, 02:27 AM

Yep. All the ports are accessible- both USB ports (even thicker items like 3G sticks) , earphone port, mic and MDP.

bowlerman625
Apr 30, 2011, 11:20 AM
I have the clear one and it's very nice.

applefanatic32
May 2, 2011, 03:02 PM
Incipio has come out with a case similar to Speck's case for the MacBook Air. This case is actually more "thinner" than the Speck case (I have both) and seems to be more user friendly to me. You can view them both at the link in my signature.

/user/me
May 2, 2011, 03:04 PM

And that's what she said. Be careful, because if you plug it in the wrong way, the universe will be sucked into another dimension.