PDA

View Full Version : Safari Keyboard shortcuts not working

insomniac321123
May 3, 2011, 04:48 PM
Is anyone else having a problem with the keyboard shortcuts in Safari not working after a short period time of using the browser? For some reason my keyboard shortcuts stop working after a while. Nothing I don't have any problems with anything else, just the keyboard shortcuts. A restart of the browser fixes it. Is anyone else seeing this?

mrapplegate
May 3, 2011, 06:00 PM
Is anyone else having a problem with the keyboard shortcuts in Safari not working after a short period time of using the browser? For some reason my keyboard shortcuts stop working after a while. Nothing I don't have any problems with anything else, just the keyboard shortcuts. A restart of the browser fixes it. Is anyone else seeing this?
Which shortcuts? Copy, Paste?
No problems here with most common shortcuts.

insomniac321123
May 3, 2011, 06:18 PM
I think it may have been a byproduct of a 1password update. It was updated again and the problem seems to have gone away.

mrapplegate
May 3, 2011, 06:22 PM
I think it may have been a byproduct of a 1password update. It was updated again and the problem seems to have gone away.
So your 1Password shortcuts did not work?

insomniac321123
May 3, 2011, 06:29 PM
No, all of the shortcuts didn't work. Copy, paste, etc. It was very frustrating, but I haven't seen the problem since the most recent beta update of 1password. Thats my best guess about the problem.

mrapplegate
May 3, 2011, 06:55 PM
No, all of the shortcuts didn't work. Copy, paste, etc. It was very frustrating, but I haven't seen the problem since the most recent beta update of 1password. Thats my best guess about the problem.

Weird. I have to admit I am glad to see 1Password finally working pretty well for Safari.

insomniac321123
May 3, 2011, 07:00 PM
Weird. I have to admit I am glad to see 1Password finally working pretty well for Safari.

Now if I could get a working evernote extension and speed download extension, I will be set in safari.

jmt3
Sep 29, 2012, 06:43 AM
I'm having the exact same problem with Safari -- all command-key enabled shortcuts stop functioning after a short time. Only restarting Safari solves the problem. I do not use 1Password.

moogle301
Nov 3, 2012, 07:33 PM
I'm having the exact same problem with Safari -- all command-key enabled shortcuts stop functioning after a short time. Only restarting Safari solves the problem. I do not use 1Password.

I do not use it either and have this problem but only for the 'Google Search...' jump to search box keyboard shortcut (which I have set to cmdK). It was working fine before and I don't think I've changed anything recently.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4480345

and restarting browser and mac does nothing. neither does disabling extensions. started a few days ago

oh, and i don't use Lion, but Snow Leopard