PDA

View Full Version : pb 17 trackpad problem

wkw
Mar 11, 2005, 02:17 AM
Howdy. Having a strange problem with my new 17 1.67 powerbook. The trackpad stops responding sometimes for up to about 20 seconds or so. No matter how much I move my finger, the trackpad just doesn't respond. Anyone else having this issue?

thanks

bill

inlimbo
Mar 11, 2005, 02:51 AM
I have the 15" model and i dont have that problem. I hope this doesn't sound stupid or patronising but if you place two fingers on the trackpad at the same time you will notice that the cursor doesnt move - thats if your not in a document. The new trackpad detects how many fingers u place on it to perform the scrolling action.

So if you're NOT scrolling through a document/web page and u have both fingers on the trackpad the cursor will NOT move. Could that be your problem? I noticed that I was doing that because im an idiot. :o

Maybe just reinstall OS X and hopefully that will fix your problem.

wkw
Mar 11, 2005, 09:10 AM
I have the 15" model and i dont have that problem. I hope this doesn't sound stupid or patronising but if you place two fingers on the trackpad at the same time you will notice that the cursor doesnt move - thats if your not in a document. The new trackpad detects how many fingers u place on it to perform the scrolling action.

So if you're NOT scrolling through a document/web page and u have both fingers on the trackpad the cursor will NOT move. Could that be your problem? I noticed that I was doing that because im an idiot. :o

Maybe just reinstall OS X and hopefully that will fix your problem.

Thanks for the response. This issue is happening with one finger on trackpad though. The thing just freezes up. I can scroll a document with the arrow keys and the rest of the computer seems fine. Normal HD/processor/ram/network activity (according to my menumenters thingbob).
The problem hasn't occured yet this morning after bootup so we'll just have to see.

bill

wkw
Mar 11, 2005, 09:12 AM
Also, congrats on the switcheroo inlimbo. welcome to the superior computing universe known as macintosh. :p looks like you have a nicely equipped 15.

bill