Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

foelschg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2011
I loaded a bunch of photos from iPhoto to my MobileMe Gallery yesterday. If I go to MobileMe on my (brand new) MacBook Pro or our iMac (new since Nov. 2010) I can see the album and it says it has 196 photos in it but if I click on it to view the photos nothing happens. The cursor keeps spinning and spinning (I left it like that and went to bed last night and it was still spinning in the morning!) BUT if I go to Gallery on my iPhone or iPad the album is there and I can view each of the individual photos. This only happens with this particular album -- everything else I added yesterday is fine (I'm using MobileMe as one of the many places I back up photos so I've been adding a lot of them).

Can anyone tell me what is wrong? Should I delete the album from MobileMe and try again?

Thanks,

Gail

thunderbunny

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010
Cheshire, UK
I have a gallery of 500 photos (not uploaded via iPhoto though) and this opens up with no problem after about a second. No spinning cursor at all, even on my weedy MBA. Deleting and retrying sounds like a good plan to me.

Macsterguy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
Texas
Uploading thru iPhoto is not very dependable for more then 10 - maybe 20 photos. Uploading directly to MobileMe gallery works very well for me then sync's down to 3 Macs...

foelschg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2011
Thank you -- I'll try deleting the album and then adding directly through MobileMe not iPhoto and see what happens.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.